Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Official FiST Drag Race Times and Discussion Thread - Post Here--

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I think its Pam Landy or something like that...
I just try to goto the track on a good night, never pay much attention to the DA. Is it accurate? Or is it like a dyno...?

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Offical FiST 1/4 Mile Drag Times List! --Post Here--

I just try to goto the track on a good night, never pay much attention to the DA. Is it accurate? Or is it like a dyno...?
Neither...we here in Florida are blessed with low altitude but crappy air vice someone in Colorado may have crappy altitude but good air or crappy both, lol. Density Altitude accounts for the Altitude, barometric pressure and temperature from where ever you are making the drag strip pass. That way when we are comparing time slips, the DA is the equalizer. The DA isn't computed when all passes are done in the same location at similar times but at different locations on different days and times it is necessary. Some tracks are notorious for yielding awesome times because the DA is damn near perfect....

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #43
DA is for guys bracket racing or people that want to know air quality (density) but for the most its just a number to go my car could have ran faster but the DA was shit.

Russ

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #44
I also updated the list with a way to show who as big turbo or who has slicks.

Russ

JPGC

2000 Post Club
DA is for guys bracket racing or people that want to know air quality (density) but for the most its just a number to go my car could have ran faster but the DA was shit.

Russ
Lol, I may have used that excuse before...

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
That's why i don't goto the track in the Summer, lol.
Track without slicks? Me = never again.

It still amazes me how few people here actually have run their car at dragstrip, every other forum i have ever been on theres always a large amount of people who drag race. And yes i know thats not what our cars are made for (At All)...But still,, I would drag race a PT Cruiser if i had one. Oh yea thats right my wife races her PT Cruiser, I quess we are the weird ones lol

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
not sure what im doing wrong but i couldnt get lower than 15.2... in the 1/4 with Cobb stg1 (pre RMM)

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
do you guys run the 39lbs of air in the front like the dealer asks in the front OEM tires?

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #53
I'm gonna try 21 next time out. What are you doing when you launch?
20-22 on most street tires always seem just about right! As for the launch I dial in the launch control and boost per gear. However there are guys that race with street tires a lot more than me so I will let them talk.

Russ

Johnnyaf87
2015 fiesta st
Cobb stage 3 v201 on 93
Stock tires and ambient Temps around mid 60s
Car 210 left. 14.41 w/ 2.2 @ 99 mph