Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Official FiST Drag Race Times and Discussion Thread - Post Here--

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #121
So do I get to be in the top 10 stock turbo cars list? lol
Are you ok if we just call it 93.7 for mph? I have had that happen at tracks before were mph is off.

Of course I would be. I know that was a mistake in a reading lmao. It's impossible to gain 10MPH over my whole nights average on a single run, Thats why I posted my other 3 so you can see the average I was doing all day lol

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Offical FiST 1/4 Mile Drag Times List! --Post Here--

First time to the 1/4 mile with the FiST, lol, definitely need more track time. Track was slick for sure. Even the GTR beside me had trouble. This was the best run out of 4 of the night although all runs were fairly close. I was getting better with every pass but decided to pack it up on the next run due to my shifter linkage popping off on my next pass. The car is stock turbo + bolt-ons, e30, full weight ( minus the spare/ jack) and had a full tank of gas. 14.42 @99.2.
-Owner of the vehicle: Roger (JPGC)
2014 Ford Fiesta
-List of modifications: COBB Accessport/ Freektune, 2JR cowl intake, mountune intercooler, charge pipe upgrade, quick shift kit, lowering springs, 2JR "race" downpipe and MBRP Cat-back(modified to a full 3" system), Boomba BOV Adapt., Trans bracket/ shifter base bushings, short throw shifter/ knob, wing riser kit, RMM, DHM shifter ext., symposer delete, Pierce Motorsports STB, Moroso AOS, Motegi MR125's with 215/40 R17's, Zeitronix ECA-2

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433001039.354150.jpg

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
So I got a new pb in the 8th mile and finally know how to launch this thing. It went 9.173 @78.01 with a 2.089 60foot. I just have to wait till late July for my local 1/4 mile to open. So 8th mile will have to for me for now.

I posted a pic of my new 1/8 mile pb next to my old 1/4 pb for comparison. I'm car 8294 the car I beat is my buddies stage 1 fost on a stratified tune. I'm still stoked I beat him.

When my local 1/4 opens up I will move up the list.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
So I got a new pb in the 8th mile and finally know how to launch this thing. It went 9.173 @78.01 with a 2.089 60foot. I just have to wait till late July for my local 1/4 mile to open. So 8th mile will have to for me for now.

I posted a pic of my new 1/8 mile pb next to my old 1/4 pb for comparison. I'm car 8294 the car I beat is my buddies stage 1 fost on a stratified tune. I'm still stoked I beat him.

When my local 1/4 opens up I will move up the list.
Nice 60'!!! Are you using any boost/ torque limiting in 1st and 2nd? Also, any launching advice with this car? Lol, I have my launch on my Mustang down pat, but the FiST is a different animal.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Nice 60'!!! Are you using any boost/ torque limiting in 1st and 2nd? Also, any launching advice with this car? Lol, I have my launch on my Mustang down pat, but the FiST is a different animal.
I'm running the 2k soft Rev limiter, slipping the clutch out of the hole and full boost in all gears. And I've found it really likes about 17 psi in the tires. The pierce bracing in the front end helped a ton with the strange/violent wheel spin/hop I used to get. My short times are a combo of those factors
I'm hoping on a cold day to break into the 8's I'm also messing with leaning out my tune a bit and maybe playing with the timing some more.
My goal is solid high 13s on the stock tires. I feel you on the Mustang front, my mustang is much easier to launch.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I'm running the 2k soft Rev limiter, slipping the clutch out of the hole and full boost in all gears. And I've found it really likes about 17 psi in the tires. The pierce bracing in the front end helped a ton with the strange/violent wheel spin/hop I used to get. I'm hoping on a cold day to break into the 8's I'm also messing with leaning out my tune a bit and maybe playing with the timing some more. My goal is solid high 13s on the stock tires. I feel you on the Mustang front my mustang is much easier to launch.
I'll keep the pressure and advice in mind the next time I go to the track. My time above was with fully pressurized tires, full interior and a full tank of gas. Plus, it was hot outside... Just like it would be with my day to day driving. I'm waiting on it to cool down a little before trying to go for broke. Mid- high 13's should be doable with cooler air, less gas, lower tire pressure and practice on my end. With that 60' foot of yours and your trap...13's should be no problem.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I'll keep the pressure and advice in mind the next time I go to the track. My time above was with fully pressurized tires, full interior and a full tank of gas. Plus, it was hot outside... Just like it would be with my day to day driving. I'm waiting on it to cool down a little before trying to go for broke. Mid- high 13's should be doable with cooler air, less gas, lower tire pressure and practice on my end. With that 60' foot of yours and your trap...13's should be no problem.
Yeah I run my car full weight too, full interior, subwoofer and all. This is my true street car. Yeah I claim my mustang is a street car because it's on DRs, but realistically it's a race car on street tires lol.

Let me know how the launch advice works out for you I can't wait to see a few of us street tire guys in the 13s

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Yeah I run my car full weight too, full interior, subwoofer and all. This is my true street car. Yeah I claim my mustang is a street car because it's on DRs, but realistically it's a race car on street tires lol.

Let me know how the launch advice works out for you I can't wait to see a few of us street tire guys in the 13s
No doubt, I'll post up the next time. I can't wait to see some mid 60s low 70s outside temps. I know my intake and charge temps were getting in the 100s sitting in line waiting to make a pass this last t&t event. It was low 90s outside at first and high 80s when it left.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
No doubt, I'll post up the next time. I can't wait to see some mid 60s low 70s outside temps. I know my intake and charge temps were getting in the 100s sitting in line waiting to make a pass this last t&t event. It was low 90s outside at first and high 80s when it left.
Haha my Temps were the same last Thursday I left early to go to the Cobb so cal monthly meet, So I got not properly cooled off runs. On the pass I saw 100 degree charge Temps pulling into the burn out box.

I would also like to see more street tire cars in 13s.

I'll finally be at the track on friday night but I hear there is absolutely no prepping at all so I'm guaranteed to spin the tires.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #133
I'll finally be at the track on friday night but I hear there is absolutely no prepping at all so I'm guaranteed to spin the tires.
pay for the ATR software to help dial in the launch makes it very nice for consistent street tire launching.

Russ

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #135
Would that be the Accesstuner Race software through Cobb?
yup go on there site fill out the stuff pay 150 and if you text me I can walk you through some settings

Russ

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #137
I might just have to pick that up but I dont know if it'll be before this friday though.
that software and a industrial park for about an hour and you can really make are cars launch pretty good on the stock tires.

russ

My wife took the car down the track. She did awesome! It was her first time ever driving on a track and she had a blast. Car #720.

Launch control was set to 3000rpms, but she did not use it. Set tire pressure to 22psi per Dead Hook Motorsports recommendation.

-Year / Model: 2015 Fiesta ST
-List of modifications: Cobb RMM, 2JR Cowl Intake, E30 Tune, all season tires
-R/T: .000
-60 Foot: 2.342
-330 Foot: 6.156
-1/8 Mile Time & MPH: 9.311 @ 79.37
-1/4 Mile Time & MPH: 14.330 @ 98.21
-Post a photo of the actual timeslip (If you have a video, please post that as well!)

Video: [video=youtube;OUBGKagFa5E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUBGKagFa5E[/video]