Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Official FiST Drag Race Times and Discussion Thread - Post Here--

Radials = broken axles.
Broken axles from what? Wheel Hop or Dead Hook? It's unlikely a dead hook, so I'll pick wheel hop.

I am going to say this once, drag radials require a smooth application of power. Now you need to figure out how to do that with a manual transmission car and it's not as hard as you think.

Smoothing out that application of power will eliminate any wheel hop too.

I can launch my Focus ST on street tires with a 6,000 rpm clutch dump (5/6 psi of boost, GTX3071R Gen II, 22 psi), stock mounts, stock suspension, no braces on Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's.

Barely spins, no wheel hop whatsoever.

A whole break down, write up, data logs, ebook and videos to come.

The ebook is necessary as figuring this out wasn't free so providing information for free is out of the question.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Broken axles from what? Wheel Hop or Dead Hook? It's unlikely a dead hook, so I'll pick wheel hop.

I am going to say this once, drag radials require a smooth application of power. Now you need to figure out how to do that with a manual transmission car and it's not as hard as you think.

Smoothing out that application of power will eliminate any wheel hop too.

I can launch my Focus ST on street tires with a 6,000 rpm clutch dump (5/6 psi of boost, GTX3071R Gen II, 22 psi), stock mounts, stock suspension, no braces on Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's.

Barely spins, no wheel hop whatsoever.

A whole break down, write up, data logs, ebook and videos to come.

The ebook is necessary as figuring this out wasn't free so providing information for free is out of the question.
Level 100 Necromancer.

But, yes, from wheel hop. An ebook, eh? I wish you luck in your endeavors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight Grudge Fest. Gave the 17 FiST some tips on AP setup and what tire pressure I was running and was able to see the 17 FiST run 14.744.

15 FiST
Number 94
93 Stratified Flash Tune
Drop In K&N Filter
Tire Pressure@26psi

17 FiST
Number 99
E30 Stratified Flash Tune
Drop In Ram Air
Whoosh Intercooler
Whoosh Downpipe

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Midnight Grudge Fest. Gave the 17 FiST some tips on AP setup and what tire pressure I was running and was able to see the 17 FiST run 14.744.

15 FiST
Number 94
93 Stratified Flash Tune
Drop In K&N Filter
Tire Pressure@26psi

17 FiST
Number 99
E30 Stratified Flash Tune
Drop In Ram Air
Whoosh Intercooler
Whoosh Downpipe

White Fiesta started pulling away in 3rd.http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5b8bf1a4909b2/received_2182760825341632.mp4

Last edited:

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Here's my weakass stg2 E30 FiST that can't even trap 95mph. Guess I should've taken the roof/bike rack off huh...

LILIKE16ST

Finally broke into the 14s with the E30 tune.

trap speed seems low for an e30 tune and it's only 16 mph more than your 8th trap speed so from what I've read that would imply it is pulling timing on the back half which is odd considering this is e30. are you certain your mix is correct? do you know what the da was at the time of run? just curious I trapped almost 95 with a 93 livernois tune with a passenger in 2300 da...I picked up 18 mph on the big end and I felt that was even low seeing as some are picking up 20-22 mph between 8th and quarter I'll be going back this year with a full bolt on x37 setup with pd tuning e30 custom tune. I should do much better than last time to say the least lol

trap speed seems low for an e30 tune and it's only 16 mph more than your 8th trap speed so from what I've read that would imply it is pulling timing on the back half which is odd considering this is e30. are you certain your mix is correct? do you know what the da was at the time of run? just curious I trapped almost 95 with a 93 livernois tune with a passenger in 2300 da...I picked up 18 mph on the big end and I felt that was even low seeing as some are picking up 20-22 mph between 8th and quarter I'll be going back this year with a full bolt on x37 setup with pd tuning e30 custom tune. I should do much better than last time to say the least lol
what's DA? Yeah my mixture is right. My trap speed was the same with my other runs when I had 93 tune. The best time I could get with 93 tune was a 15.12. I was only able to do one run that night on e30 because they were busy cleaning the track after someone blew their transmission line. Was about to get one more run in then they shut it down because it started raining. I was wondering the same thing. This other guy had E30 tune and got 14.74@95.85mph and I got 14.64@92.65mph with the E30 tune. So I don't know what's up with that.

LILIKE16ST

what's DA? Yeah my mixture is right. My trap speed was the same with my other runs when I had 93 tune. The best time I could get with 93 tune was a 15.12. I was only able to do one run that night on e30 because they were busy cleaning the track after someone blew their transmission line. Was about to get one more run in then they shut it down because it started raining. I was wondering the same thing. This other guy had E30 tune and got 14.74@95.85mph and I got 14.64@92.65mph with the E30 tune. So I don't know what's up with that.

DA - Density Altitude. It is a combination of your elevation and the weather at the time of the run that makes DA. It can swing your time alot more than you'd think. It's not just temp but humidity and other factors. Look it up online and you can probably find a better definition of it than what I'm giving you. Where are you racing at? Maybe your elevation is higher...the times seem a little on the low side and the 92 trap speed with an e30 tune is real low...people trap higher than that stock.

DA - Density Altitude. It is a combination of your elevation and the weather at the time of the run that makes DA. It can swing your time alot more than you'd think. It's not just temp but humidity and other factors. Look it up online and you can probably find a better definition of it than what I'm giving you. Where are you racing at? Maybe your elevation is higher...the times seem a little on the low side and the 92 trap speed with an e30 tune is real low...people trap higher than that stock.
Oh yeah no clue on any off that. It was at Kansas International Dragway. I just know the temp was around 70ish. Maybe if all those seem to be low then my time and speed should be a lot better once I get more practice in.

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Finally broke into the 14s with the E30 tune.

You had a great 60' for street tires, like very very good for a fiesta. But everything else, honestly, is poop. Before you go back to the 1/4 I'd do a full check over your car.

I ran a 14.4 at 96 with just a catback, intake, and Cobb stg3 tune.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
This was my last visit.

"FBO" on dizzy 93v2 tune. I have his E30 tune as well, but the only E station in town was down.

This run was bad, very, very, very bad. I spun into 3rd gear.

I've decided I'm not going back until I get a better tire (23-7.5-15 m&h slicks).

That brings me to a question:

What wheels are you M &H slick dudes using? Since they're a tube tire it requires (well highly recommends tire screws).

I don't want to spend $350+ a piece for the Weld RTS wheels.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I wonder what's up with their lights because I'm pretty sure you didn't 60 in .764 lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

I wonder what's up with their lights because I'm pretty sure you didn't 60 in .764 lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
yea something is def up with that lol. as far as the car he's referring to the 14.6 at 92 that time seem slow but the mph seems very low for an e30 tune stock cars trap higher but then again who knows. DA could effect it but he said weather wasn't bad and elevation isn't terrible where he lives so I'm not sure. In the 8th he ran 9.4ish at 76 which is pretty close to what I did with just a livernois tune but I ended up around 14.7 that run with a passenger but I trapped 2 mph higher at 94.67 which is still a tad on the low side in my mind but that was on 93 with a 2300 da and a passenger. He's on e30 trapping 92 with I would just about bet a better DA (prob def not any worse) so I'm not sure what is up with that. I'm finishing up my 93 tune on my x37 full bolt on setup now and when I finish up e30 tune I'm gonna run it again in spring and I hope to trap well over 100 closer to 110 but we shall see. I'm putting down close to 270 whp on 93 with a pretty fat powerband so on e30 I can see it trapping over 105 closer to 110 (110 is my goal it may not get that but either way it's a big improvement over the 95 trap I did last ime I ran lol).

yea something is def up with that lol. as far as the car he's referring to the 14.6 at 92 that time seem slow but the mph seems very low for an e30 tune stock cars trap higher but then again who knows. DA could effect it but he said weather wasn't bad and elevation isn't terrible where he lives so I'm not sure. In the 8th he ran 9.4ish at 76 which is pretty close to what I did with just a livernois tune but I ended up around 14.7 that run with a passenger but I trapped 2 mph higher at 94.67 which is still a tad on the low side in my mind but that was on 93 with a 2300 da and a passenger. He's on e30 trapping 92 with I would just about bet a better DA (prob def not any worse) so I'm not sure what is up with that. I'm finishing up my 93 tune on my x37 full bolt on setup now and when I finish up e30 tune I'm gonna run it again in spring and I hope to trap well over 100 closer to 110 but we shall see. I'm putting down close to 270 whp on 93 with a pretty fat powerband so on e30 I can see it trapping over 105 closer to 110 (110 is my goal it may not get that but either way it's a big improvement over the 95 trap I did last ime I ran lol).
Tell me how you like the x37. I'm still trying to figure what hybrid turbo I want.