Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Mexico Fiesta ST owner

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Hey Nufsaid, did you sign up for the Octane Academy yet? Wanted to see how many people from the Southwest are heading up there.

OP
N
Thread Starter #3
Didn't know about it, when is it taking place and where? Utah? $? I'd love to go!

OP
N
Thread Starter #5
Unfortunately I won't be making that one, I'll be somewhere in the desert during that time. Hopefully it's still going when I get back, damn!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Wow the single day events are just about filled up as of Today only one Date left in Sept and two in Oct with the optional track days pretty much unfilled ...

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I was debating on doing the optional day, but figured 1 day should probably be enough lol. Are you doing both Rod?

OP
N
Thread Starter #8
Damn I minght not be back till sometime after Oct, with any luck it will continue on into next year.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I was debating on doing the optional day, but figured 1 day should probably be enough lol. Are you doing both Rod?
I have not signed up as of yet and from what i am hearing on a different ST board the track event may well be learning how to do J hooks in forward or reverse with the car .. I can spend my money i would use for travel and lodging for a drivers school on track local and a couple events at Road America which i consider local and a really sweet track.. If it was just me and i could drive to it then I most likley would go but i can spend my resources closer to home and get the budget committee to buy in as then it is a family event ;) Or take the 1k it would cost me and get a Quaife LSD ... LOL I hope to hear i am wrong and you that make it have a great time with lots of Video's

Someone at Miller got back to me very quickly and sounds like the course is indeed as audiphile described...hopefully they will update the website ASAP, the lack of info is creating a bad situation for all concerned...

The detailed description is currently being created and should be on the website shortly. In a nutshell the program consists of: forward and reverse 180 degree turns, braking techniques, skid car skills, road track time, UrbanX course driving, parking in a box. It is definitely worth your time to attend.
But then I heard some different news again today there will be track and AutoX time .. Enjoy Boys and Girls take lots of pics and Vid for us cheap folks that din't go ;) LOL

OP
N
Thread Starter #15
Just been in training for the last couple of weeks, will likely be retiring here in the very near future, but sticking around the area possibly working with Santa Fe PD.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Just been in training for the last couple of weeks, will likely be retiring here in the very near future, but sticking around the area possibly working with Santa Fe PD.
Nice, I'm planning on palace chasing. I considered the Santa Fe PD, that or go back to CA and do the PD thing there.

OP
N
Thread Starter #17
They have some really good benefits, good pay and depending on your AFSC you may be able to complete their certification By Waiver course and latteral into the PD after some background checks and testing, but no academy, and I didn't have to do their PT test either, just a small written test. They seem like a great PD from what i've seen so far.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
They have some really good benefits, good pay and depending on your AFSC you may be able to complete their certification By Waiver course and latteral into the PD after some background checks and testing, but no academy, and I didn't have to do their PT test either, just a small written test. They seem like a great PD from what i've seen so far.
The pay was actually something I was concerned about. $20 an hour starting seems low. I know things are more expensive back in CA, but the orange county pd start you at $45 an hour in the academy and then $50 once you graduate.

I'll have to look into it more, but I'm a 2w2 so I doubt I'd get the waiver haha. I've still got a few months to figure it out, so we'll see what happens

If you NM folk want to head south (to Deming), theres a track day at Arroyo Seco in March. I know there are a few of us in El Paso that are probably heading out there.