Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Twin Cities Area

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Set it up....let me know I'm also in the Twin cities....where are these said twistie roads?

where are these said twistie roads?
Primarily in Wisconsin. To look at the entertaining stuff on the route I am planning, look southeast of Durand to about Arcadia. There is even more fun stuff past there, but going that far south makes it a long day behind the wheel.

I'd be interested in MN/WI drive! Also - anyone planning on going to the last C&C next weekend?

OP
Matt_FiST
Thread Starter #24
Most of the roads I use are 55, with a very small amount on slower roads. I like the twisty stuff so most of the roads are a challenge to maintain a speed much higher than that anyway.

I used to lead a drive or 2 yearly for a euro group (back when some euro owners would drive, rather than talk about their airbags) along pretty much the same route and it's usually right around 6 hours from start until back to the cities, depending on gas stops and lunch. I'd describe the pace as spirited, but I try not to go too crazy so we can avoid the attention of law enforcement.
Im from California, and apparently Minnesotans use a different scale to measure distance: Time. I usually say how many miles away something is. Im still learning the "oh its about 15 minutes from here" concept of distance. As a truck driver, I usually factor in how much its gonna cost me, traffic, weather (Im driving a Fiesta, not a Ferrari) I can do the math. I like to keep my following distance measures in seconds, not car lengths. 2 seconds minimum in my car. If anyone gets closer to me, my following distance increases. Its a road, not a track.
I drive according to the conditions. If the conditions call for spirited driving, you better have a fiesta st.

Anybody interested in doing a drive in October. I'm thinking the 18th, 24th or 25th. About 175 miles of twisties in SE Minnesota and SW Wisconsin. Basically the area we were discussing in the SW Wisconsin thread, although LaCrosse is further then I plan to go.

Thinking meetup mid-morning in Hastings, crossover in Red Wing and bomb around some alphabet roads and cross back over in about Wabasha, hit up a spot for a late lunch and we're back in the cities by 4ish.
I should be free either of those days in October.

Set it up....let me know I'm also in the Twin cities....where are these said twistie roads?
Where art thou? [8] http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/320/Minnesota/The-Welch-Village-Twisties-Run.html There's also a nice stretch near Porcupine & Modena, WI. Next week, I'm going to explore the North shore and northern WI roads/scenery. Lets get something orchestrate before the winter blues [unsurelaugh] I still need to get a winter set of wheels..

OP
Matt_FiST
Thread Starter #27
Where art thou? [8] http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/320/Minnesota/The-Welch-Village-Twisties-Run.html There's also a nice stretch near Porcupine & Modena, WI. Next week, I'm going to explore the North shore and northern WI roads/scenery. Lets get something orchestrate before the winter blues [unsurelaugh] I still need to get a winter set of wheels..
The leaves are Falling. Its coming...
I need to get a run in before "it" gets here. Im not going to jinx anyone by saying that word.

Sorry I was out for a bit, the drive is mostly planned for 10/24

Update: 2nd Annual MN ST Fall Cruise

Start time: October 24th, 9:00AM
Start Location: BP Gas (actually the Office Max next door)
8490 E Point Douglas Rd,
Cottage Grove, MN 55016

End Location: Red Wing, MN
Depending on the weather we may be ending at Memorial Park, which is a nice little park on top of a bluff overlooking Red Wing and the river valley below. If it's raining/freezing/snowing/volcanoing/etc we'll head to an as yet to be determined restaurant.

Mileage will be just over 175 for the drive.

There may be a facebook event on the MN STs group page.

Otherwise more details can be found on the Focusst site http://www.focusst.org/forum/midwest-st-owners/43117-2nd-annual-mn-fall-color-cruise-all-welcome-even-non-sts-5.html

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks for the reminder.....I can make this hopefully....it's my birthday weekend and we know what that usually entails...hehe.....shoot me some more info....who's going?

I just moved to MN from CA. I have seen one other MO FiST here. I saw what appeared to be an AP too. Thought for sure the driver must be on here somewhere.
How have I missed this thread?!? I know there is another MO around my neck of the woods (Maplewood/North St.paul) I've seen at home depot and red lobster. I've also saw one up in white bear lake.

If you see a MO with white ST badges that's me. I'll be on the cruise for sure!

I could do the weekend of the 24th/25th!
Sorry I was out for a bit, the drive is mostly planned for 10/24

Update: 2nd Annual MN ST Fall Cruise

Start time: October 24th, 9:00AM
Start Location: BP Gas (actually the Office Max next door)
8490 E Point Douglas Rd,
Cottage Grove, MN 55016

End Location: Red Wing, MN
Depending on the weather we may be ending at Memorial Park, which is a nice little park on top of a bluff overlooking Red Wing and the river valley below. If it's raining/freezing/snowing/volcanoing/etc we'll head to an as yet to be determined restaurant.

Mileage will be just over 175 for the drive.

There may be a facebook event on the MN STs group page.

Otherwise more details can be found on the Focusst site http://www.focusst.org/forum/midwest-st-owners/43117-2nd-annual-mn-fall-color-cruise-all-welcome-even-non-sts-5.html
Count me in as well!

Thanks for the reminder.....I can make this hopefully....it's my birthday weekend and we know what that usually entails...hehe.....shoot me some more info....who's going?
Looks like give or take 9 cars from the FoST board, Maybe 4-5 FiSTs, no idea if anybody will show from facebowl. Just a following me through the country on entertaining roads until we stop somewhere and talk about cars and junk.

What other info are you looking for?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That would be all....I think I'm gonna be rolling in by myself....I don't think it would be fun to have my Gfs son and her along....I'll try my best to make it. I'd really like to meet some other people with FiST. What time will the fiasco be done?

Should be between 4 and 5 hours for the drive, depending on how many people show (the bigger the group, the slower the average, and the more likely somebody is to get lost or break down). You can peel off before that if you need to. Just let me know; I don't want to get to the end and worry that you might be shiny side down in the bottom of a valley somewhere.

From there, it's mostly going to be chilling and talking with car people so you can dip whenever you need to.

OP
Matt_FiST
Thread Starter #39
How have I missed this thread?!? I know there is another MO around my neck of the woods (Maplewood/North St.paul) I've seen at home depot and red lobster. I've also saw one up in white bear lake.

If you see a MO with white ST badges that's me. I'll be on the cruise for sure!
Red Lobster in Roseville? It had to be me.