Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Miller Motorsports Park to cease operations

Article Here.

Current home of the ST Octane Academy. It's a real bummer to see any racetrack go away, this one holds a special place in my heart. It's where I really learned the high speed cornering and throttle controlled oversteer capabilities of the FiST as I tried my hardest to get 'er loose.

I hope Ford continues Octane Academy at another location!

meFiSTo

This JUST popped up on my Facebook feed from a buddy. That's really too bad. Next to COTA, it's one of the only truly modern facilities in the U.S.

Glad I got a chance to visit it for the STOA last month. Kinda sad, especially with it's close ties to Ford due to Larry Miller's connection.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I was there last month for STOA and couldn't help but wonder how they manage to keep the place running out in the middle of nowhere, but as stated in the report it was Larry Miller's passion/toy and has been a drain on their financial resources. It's really sad, because it's a beautiful track with awesome staff members.

meFiSTo

Yeah. A class facility. Insanely well thought out and implemented. Makes the stuff in the PNW look laughable -- like hick backwater sandlots. Sad for the Ford guys out there. And that museum. Wow. Really glad to have gotten out there (with about 2 weeks left on my 1-year, post-purchase window).

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I moved to Utah in 2006 because of MMP and skiing, to many injuries so stopped skiing, now the track is closing:(

I agree on the quality of the place, it was built for Supebike racing so huge runoffs, it is an exceptionally safe track to learn to go fast on, why I love it so much and why I wanted to move here as wanted to start going much faster.

As I posted elsewhere the location is not really an issue, it is only 35 miles or so from SLC, if that far, it is the locals, very few enthusiast here:(

I was already leaving Utah this year but planned to drive it whenever I was on the way through and an event was going on.

Perhaps somebody with a different set of marketing skills will take it over but I have been to big races where they gave away thousands of tickets and still the stands were fairly empty.

I have been in a Corvette Coral and the majority of Vette owners, with completely stock cars, sat around in the tent eating the free food and talking about everything but the race right outside the tent, it was very sad indeed:(

I am really sorry to hear about this. I was there last month for the STOA and it was AWESOME!! I thought the same as you Koozy, how could they afford to keep this place going especially with no big revenue type races to at least help offset some of the costs.

I hope FoMoCo finds a new home for the STOA.