Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Somethings 'Hatching' in my garage

Happiness is a garage full of hatch backs. Picture of my 2015 FiST (those of you with sharp eyes will note the Mountune emblem) and my wife's 2007 Honda Fit. Even my wife's Fit got mild mods with Tanabe cat back & K&N drop in Filter. In 2007, the Fit with it's 1.5L had only 109 HP and 105 ft. lbs of Torque, so my ST with the Mountune map & airbox doubles those figures. Still the Fit has been a great car.

When you have small vehicles, gives you lots of garage space.

TheStig

I will go on record ANYWHERE saying the Fit (prior to its current 2015 generation) is one of the most underrated and fun cheap cars. Ive been in one with 4 FULL size adults and had room to spare, it rode smooth and didnt wash around, had enough power to motivate itself and the 6 speed we drove was sublime.

I cant believe they never made a Fit R or something alike with a K20 stuffed under that short hood.

OP
Z
Thread Starter #6
I will go on record ANYWHERE saying the Fit (prior to its current 2015 generation) is one of the most underrated and fun cheap cars. Ive been in one with 4 FULL size adults and had room to spare, it rode smooth and didnt wash around, had enough power to motivate itself and the 6 speed we drove was sublime.

I cant believe they never made a Fit R or something alike with a K20 stuffed under that short hood.
If Honda had come out with a Fit 'R', I am sure it would have eaten into the current blah Civic Si sales in a big way. Previous generations of Honda Si's were pretty great cars, the current generation not so much. Fortunately Ford did this with the FiST, so a small hot hatch is a reality.The only thing we miss in my wif'es '07 Fit is a sixth gear, it is a little buzzy on the highway and I always reach for that non existant sixth gear!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
We are on our third Fit now.
The '15 is awesome.

Dave

TheStig

We are on our third Fit now.
The '15 is awesome.

Dave
Thats good, i read one review from R&T i believe saying it lost alot of its spunk going into the new gen. Perhaps they were off, either way i still find the previous two gens (technically one was a facelift) FAR more attractive.

Still, what an under appreciated car.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
When we Traded in the Fit this spring on the R my wife cried when we handed over the keys for the 09 Fit and to be honest that little car did everything we asked when we asked.. If they would have brought a turbo Fit over .....