Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thoughts on grill mounted fog lights?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Fog lights need to be lower and the lower half of the grill is blocked off anyway so putting them there does not reduce air flow to the radiator;)

High up and close together looks like buck teeth to me[hihi]

-----------------

Since I will probably use the fog light holes for brake ducts I was just considering some different fogs today like a wide but short LED setup down low somewhere.

If doing round ones like those I would widen and lower them as far as they would go in that area of the grill.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I have a set of round LED driving lights.
I would like to put them behind the grill however I have been too lazy to do it.

Dave

Do it. I will be

My plan: round driving lights in front of the top grille. Somewhere in the 4-6" range. Aimed down and out. These will be wired to the current fog light switch. The current fogs will be replaced with LED bulbs and wired to hot so they are always on.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Do it. I will be

My plan: round driving lights in front of the top grille. Somewhere in the 4-6" range. Aimed down and out. These will be wired to the current fog light switch. The current fogs will be replaced with LED bulbs and wired to hot so they are always on.
I'll be looking forward to this ..

I was thinking about mounting 2-2x2 LED driving beams behind the grill. I like the look of the front end unless I'm going to do a pod.

I do a lot of night driving, and I find the stock high beams kinda suck. I'm not a huge fan of LED's as you get a lot of light scatter, not as focused.

For TSD rallies, I'm thinking of setting up light bar, that can easily be removed after events.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I was thinking about mounting 2-2x2 LED driving beams behind the grill. I like the look of the front end unless I'm going to do a pod.

I do a lot of night driving, and I find the stock high beams kinda suck. I'm not a huge fan of LED's as you get a lot of light scatter, not as focused.

For TSD rallies, I'm thinking of setting up light bar, that can easily be removed after events.

That Bar would be SWEET !!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Back in my 510 days, 10 years, early 70s to early 80s's, I ran autocrosses and in the winter would raise the car and run TSD events and do a ton of practice runs all over the incredible back woods roads in far Eastern WA State. I would install 2 big Hella pencil beams and 2 fogs. For headlights I ran all years with dual 7" high and low beam Hellas. I had a big battery in the back in the trunk in winter and a smaller one in summer.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If you are going to use boost much with lights in the grill at least consider some mods to get more air in, see my threads about it....and/or get the 2jr radiator, you are going to need it.