Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Going through "Truck-Guy" withdrawl...

HELP!! I've had my new FiST since February. I love my ST, I really do. It's just that I was a "Truck-Guy" for 15 years, which is essentially all of my automotive life. I thoroughly enjoy being behind the wheel, snug in my Recaros, sliding through those buttery gears. I just find myself wishing it was all happening inside a truck. For the last 10 years, I didn't drive some big beastly off-road-mobile, I had an '05 Colorado Xtreme 4-door. It was a gorgeous truck, man. I like the look of my ST, but I liked it a lot more before I got one. I think it's just as simple as this: I miss my truck. I need truck AA. Tell me I'm not alone...

I have an old truck, 94 f150, for when I want/need that feeling and for yard work and projects.

Don't feel too bad man.

I miss my corvette occasionally. I wasn't driving it as often and needed something with 4 seats so I got the Fiesta... but it doesn't mean I don't miss it. Hot hatches are fun and look cool... but not nearly as cool as sportscars. With that said, this car will do exactly what I need it to do for as long as I have it. I could see myself owning something more practical like a Tacoma/ chevy Colorado, but i'll be buying used next time and will be waiting at least 5 years when I need something bigger and not as peppy. Dat #daddylife brah.

TheStig

I am sort of in the same boat but for other reasons. My true passion in life is offroad racing, quads to be exact since i have no balance and dont fool with dirtbikes. This posses a problem when you have a little car. Ive had cars since i was 17 and a truck for my few years before that, just drive ALOT so needed cars for the fuel economy and fell in love with the power, handling and overall fun of imports prior to getting my Fist, which IS technically an import too lol.

Ill be combing craigslist in the near future for a Chevy K1500 to use as my work/hauling steed, those trucks are bulletproof. Especially given that the one i learned to drive in is a 94 Z71 4x4 with around 375k miles all original, still my parents back up truck and runs great.

Id suggest you buy something used as your truck fix when you need it, rainy day, muddy day, want to go offroading, take out ole beater truck.

Sounds like you should get some kind of truck, even if it's a beater.

I have owned both small cars and trucks, so I love having both. I haven't owned a truck in 16 years, but I have owned a few SUVs through the years. That said, I still miss my trucks, so when the lease is done on the Explorer, I am making a bee line to the dealer and getting an F-150. That time can't come soon enough and even my wife is counting down the days. So I will have an F-150 and the FiST...Best of both worlds.

I really missed my IS300 until I got the FiST. The FiST fills the hole the IS300 left, except for not being able to hang the ass end out all day long, but the FiST makes up for it in other places.

I got my f150 for 1000 bucks. 4x4, solid runner with 113k miles. Now I dumped 3k into it because I rebuilt the body and some odds and ends but it didn't "need it". Cost of a 2nd car isnt high. Like 150 in insurance plus your state registration. So worth it. Plus I dropped my rental coverage from insurance.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have owned one or more trucks at the same time for most of the last 47 years, beaters and all the way up to the 2012 LTZ Duramax dually I now have and considering a 2016 GMC dually Denali. I will always have a truck but if I could not have one at least I would have a utility trailer which I have had a few and many others, sometimes 3 trailers at the same time.

You can get a hitch and 4x8 low weight trailer for well under $1k and no added insurance, in some places no license needed...I setup one for my daughters Mazda 3, 5 door, it works out great but sure looked funny towing behind a dually from UT to AZ:)

My last little truck was a 96 Taco, it went from stock to a 7 page mag feature, work horse, air time, and now being totally rebuilt into a street/show truck by my best friend(besides my wife), business partner and manager as he has known the truck all these years and loved it so had to have it. It has led a hard life and still solid as a rock with only 220k miles and no major repairs.

If you want something bigger the earlier Chevy, and Fords, and some of the Dodge's, damn fine trucks.

I cannot even imagine life without a truck in it.

Rick

rexdriver85

Just grab a little beater truck. That's what I did. 89 GMC S15, basically a Chevy S10. The 4.3 is dead reliable, but if it does need anything it's super easy to work on and parts are readily available pretty much anywhere. I love this little thing. Haha.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I had old Datsun, Toyota and Ford Courier trucks for years, all were incredibly reliable, could haul a huge amount of weight, not bad on fuel, I miss having one!

Never had a Chevy since the 53 5 window I had back in 1971, which loved.

On my third duramax and considering a 2016 Denali dually right now but when I buy some property I will also get a beater truck as love having one:)

rexdriver85

That 53 must have been a hoot huh? My buddy just built one at the hot rod shop he works at to showcase his work.

Beater trucks are just plain awesome, though. Haul around your crap for cheap and not worry if something happens to it.

I've worked on many Duramax in my career. The early LB7s especially. Can't even count how many injector jobs I did on those, haha.

They are nice engines though, and it seems most of the truck pulls I've been too the Duramax always seems to come out on top vs. the Cummins and Powerstrokes. Plus, you get the wonderful Allison transmissions.

Actually saw pictures of a 2016 GMC 3500HD Dually a few days ago, what a nice looking truck. Can't even imagine the price tag though. hahaha. [emoji106]

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
For some reason the Duramax, not sure what year but recent model, out pulled the higher power rated other guys up a mountain pass.

It might have to do with the trans more than the power.

I have had an 07.5 LMM dually with Banks tune, 06 LBZ with Rob Coddins EFI tune and now have a 2012 LML stock to keep the warranty, it is a dog compared to the others.

GM is supposedly going to up the power a bunch for on the 2016 but unable to confirm it so waiting to see what they do.

I have towed 30k lbs at 7500 ft at 45 MPH to conserve fuel but no doubt it could do 65 up those grades with the 2012, I want more power so waiting to see that 2016 models bring.

I have a brand new Banks IQ2 but not installed while waiting on the 2016.