Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

A new recall possibly coming on the FiST

This says only certain Fiestas are in the recall. No clarification past that.

"Ford issues safety recall for certain 2014 Ford Focus, Edge, Escape and Transit Connect vehicles and 2014-15 Ford Fiesta vehicles in North America for fuel pump issue Ford is issuing a safety recall for approximately 50,000 2014 Ford Focus, Edge, Escape and Transit Connect vehicles and 2014-15 Ford Fiesta vehicles in North America (actual 50,157) for an issue with the nickel plating on the fuel pump, which may cause it to seize. If the fuel pump seizes, a vehicle may not start or may stall while driving. An engine stall without warning while driving increases the risk of a crash.

Ford is aware of one allegation of an accident that may be related to this condition.

Affected vehicles include certain Ford Focus vehicles built October 26, 2013 ? May 22, 2014 at Michigan Assembly Plant; certain Ford Edge vehicles built April 30, 2014 to May 21, 2014 at Oakville Assembly Plant; certain Ford Escape vehicles built Feb. 14, 2014 to March 7, 2014 at Louisville Assembly Plant; certain Ford Transit Connect vehicles built Nov. 11, 2013 to Aug. 29, 2014 at Valencia Assembly Plant; and certain Ford Fiesta vehicles built April 10, 2014 to June 17, 2014 at Cuautitl?n Assembly Plant.

There are 45,505 vehicles in the United States and federalized territories, 4,618 in Canada and 34 in Mexico.

Dealers will replace the fuel delivery module at no cost to the customer. "

Thank you for sharing this. Guess time will tell if any of our cars are affected. My FiST was built 06/14 and Ford hasnt issued anything on it...yet.

OP
Natedogg
Thread Starter #4
I doubt it. Have you gone to the dealer yet? Mine has never stalled, either after a fill up or because of my own error.

I haven't actually.. But it seem to remedy the problem by tilting the pump nozzle for about 5 seconds after each fill up. Maybe it had to do with excess gas trapped in the tank

me32

1000 Post Club
So the part number on the st is the same across the board. So what was different between them?

Probably there was a shipment of defective parts (i.e. wiring, sensors, or screws) were put into certain number of fiesta's fuel pumps during certain period of time.

OP
Natedogg
Thread Starter #8
Yeah. Most likely found a batch that the plating comes off. Not a Ford issue, but a supplier issue that has been identified as already fixed in later batches.

me32

1000 Post Club
Yeah. Most likely found a batch that the plating comes off. Not a Ford issue, but a supplier issue that has been identified as already fixed in later batches.
I have an early st built in 07/2013.

Hey guys,

Here's a great tool you can use to check your VIN for any listed recalls. You may also always shoot me a PM with your VIN, and I'll gladly take a look. You know where to find me if you need anything! :)

Nick