Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dave's 2014 OW build

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #21
I just placed another order with ModBargains for a cat-back. I went with the 3" Injen single tip w/the RAW finish. The exhaust is on back order until the middle of next month. I'll be able to take some pictures as soon as I get it installed.

This is the only picture I could find.

FIESTAINJEN.jpg

haste

1000 Post Club
I had my Injen catback installed and took a quick start-up/light rev. video. I'll make a better video once I have my downpipe on.

[ideo=youtube;msXAjfruIVM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msXAjfruIVM[/video]
Sounds good. So many choices for exhaust it is tough to decide which one to purchase.

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #25
Injen corrected the mix-up today and I installed the raw finish exhaust. I took a few pictures and made a slightly better video than the one before. I have to say, I was a little disappointed with the look of the "titanium finish," but the raw finish is by far my favorite looking exhaust on the market. I absolutely love the look and sound!

IMG_1918.JPG

IMG_1913.JPG

IMG_1914.JPG

IMG_1915.JPG

IMG_1916.JPG

IMG_1917.JPG

IMG_1919.JPG

IMG_1920.JPG

Looks and sounds really good man! What all is required in removing the horizontal trim in the IC grill? Anything irreversible?

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #28
Looks and sounds really good man! What all is required in removing the horizontal trim in the IC grill? Anything irreversible?
Thanks! It's all one plastic piece. You just need to tug on it, starting on one side working towards the other. It will snap right back on when you're ready.

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #31
Any updates as of recently, car is clean!
Thanks! I have an appointment with COBB SoCal on Aug 12th. I'm getting a downpipe to finish off stage 3 and a pro tune.

I keep going back and forth with whether or not I want to go big turbo. Although I love almost everything about this car there are a few things I don't like(can't/difficult to fit a large tire, FWD, needs a LSD if I go big turbo.) The RS has definitely caught my eye and I'm not sure if I want to be another $6ishK+ into the FiST then just decide to go with the RS.

Thanks! I have an appointment with COBB SoCal on Aug 12th. I'm getting a downpipe to finish off stage 3 and a pro tune.

I keep going back and forth with whether or not I want to go big turbo. Although I love almost everything about this car there are a few things I don't like(can't/difficult to fit a large tire, FWD, needs a LSD if I go big turbo.) The RS has definitely caught my eye and I'm not sure if I want to be another $6ishK+ into the FiST then just decide to go with the RS.
Be sure to post up a dyno sheet! Jon at COBB SoCal tuned my car and Tom's (Boost Bumps) car with great results (both stage 3). I face the same dilemma every day in trying to decide which direction to go. Downpipe + Pro Tune will keep you happy for at least a little while =)

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #39
Gotta let us know what those things weigh when you get them as I am curious :)
Will do! [:)]

Wow those rota grids look awesome. Where'd you get them if you don't mind me asking?
http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/pr...=7449&osCsid=5ed4541274bd23ea37016c08c975b3a9

Then I had a third party powder coat them.

I hate you. I've loved the tarmac since they came out and love the look of them on the ST.
Yeah I have been a huge fan since the first time I saw them.

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #40
COBB:
What a long day! I got to COBB SoCal this morning right when they opened at 9am. My downpipe was installed before 11:30am, and then I sat and waited until about 2:30pm before my car to finally made its way onto the rollers. Tuning wasn?t completed until 6pm right when they were closing their doors for the day.
Obviously they like to take their time and be thorough, which is fine by me!

Power:
Final numbers: 214whp 289wtq

I went from stage 2 with an OTS map to stage 3 with a protune. The low and mid range power feels much stronger than before. Of course there is still a major lack of top end power. I was hoping the top end would feel a little stronger than it does. The car definitely has a more ?tunerish? feel to it as compared to stage 2. I have some cool pops and backfires now that I didn?t have before. Do I think it?s worth it and would I do it again? Probably not? IMO there really isn?t much of a driving feel difference from stock to stage 3. Stock, the car is all low to mid range power just like it is with stage 3. Granted there is more of it now, but in my eyes it isn?t worth the cost. I?m not trying to deter or discourage anyone that has a desire to mod his or her car; I?m just giving my honest feedback.

IMG_2239.JPG

IMG_2240.JPG