Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dave's 2014 OW build

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #82
Hopefully end of the month or early March, I am going to visit DHM in Michigan :)
Nice man! I wish I was closer to DHM.

Nice congrats on the delivery. You should definitely post a bunch of pics of the install.

I'm seriously jealous of you. I'm hoping to have my DHM retrofit done by the end of this month if all goes well.
Thanks dude! Haha you'll have yours soon enough.

Awesome build so far! We're enjoying following along.
Thank you!

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #83
Day 1 of install complete. My buddy and I spent a solid 8 hours today. We will finish up tomorrow morning, should be done in less than an hour. Just have run the vacuum lines (which is simple, I have to go buy more line in the morning) and put the car back together: intake, headlights etc. We weren’t able to take any helpful pictures, we simply followed [MENTION=688]Sourskittle[/MENTION] turbo install guild (thank you for that, extremely helpful). Couple of issues we ran into: Getting the coolant hard line mounting bracket off was kind of a PITA, the biggest problem (most time consuming) was that we had to clock the turbo. We didn’t have the proper tool for the clip, went to AutoZone and they didn’t have it so we ended up buying some 90 degree needle nose pliers. It wasn’t fun, but we got them to work (definitely a 2-man job if doing it this way, buy the proper tool). And everything is TIGHT we are both bigger guys so we had quite a bit of trouble dealing with the tight fitment of everything (it’s just a tiny car). Other than that, it is a straight forward install. Everything is clearly labeled and if I had any questions Russ would answer his phone right away (called about 10 times).

My forearms got pretty tore up

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Looking good guys !!
Doing a second time would take you 60% less Time :)

Feel free to add anything to the "how to" that you think I may have forgotten or that maybe helpful :)

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #86
All finished!! The 2 of us put a good 9 hours in. The most difficult/time consuming thing was clocking the turbo and getting it mounted up, it's 2-man job for sure. I guess if you had a lift and a telescoping jack to hold the turbo in place while you mounted it and tightened the clip it would be possible with one person. Russ was right by his phone whenever I called with questions. Now I just have to do some logs for the tune and I'll be set.

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #88
Thought you guys might want to see the vdynos. Russ has been awesome with the tuning, we spent most of last night sending datalogs/tunes back and forth. I'm very happy with the numbers on 91 oct. The car feels SO much better/stronger now. I'm sure some of you have seen me post on here about how much I dislike the stock turbo. [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION]'s "quick spool" kit exceeded my expectations, this is exactly what the car needs IMO. No more stupid spinning the tires at 2k then falling on its face. The car is actually fast now, I love it!

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #91
I had a minor exhaust leak where the downpipe meets the catbback due to the huge "step-down" flange on the Injen 3" catback. I went to a local performance exhaust shop and had them cut off about 1-2" of the catback and add 3" SS pipe and flange. Problem solved, MUCH better fitment now and no leaks. I also just placed an order for a set of G-Force sport comp 2's off TireRack.com

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I had a minor exhaust leak where the downpipe meets the catbback due to the huge "step-down" flange on the Injen 3" catback. I went to a local performance exhaust shop and had them cut off about 1-2" of the catback and add 3" SS pipe and flange. Problem solved, MUCH better fitment now and no leaks. I also just placed an order for a set of G-Force sport comp 2's off TireRack.com

You won't be disappointed with those tires. Great stuff.

I only wish they made them in 225/45 size. I still stuck with BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW though, so I'm happy about that.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Impressive! 91 octane @ 24psi. I imagine it will get better with more boost. [thumb]
I wouldn't want to go with much more boost on 91. That is already a lot.

Seriously though your numbers are nice. That's about what I safely make on E30 with my ATP kit.

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #94
You won't be disappointed with those tires. Great stuff.

I only wish they made them in 225/45 size. I still stuck with BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW though, so I'm happy about that.
I had a puncture that couldn't be repaired about 1k miles ago so I have been running on mismatched tires. I'm looking forward to having a full matching set [biggrin]

I wouldn't want to go with much more boost on 91. That is already a lot.

Seriously though your numbers are nice. That's about what I safely make on E30 with my ATP kit.
I guess I'm at 296whp according to my latest log, we are still tuning. I'm hoping that after my next set of pulls tonight my 91 oct map will be finalized. Then we'll move on to e30, Russ thinks theres another 30ish whp with the ethanol.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I had a puncture that couldn't be repaired about 1k miles ago so I have been running on mismatched tires. I'm looking forward to having a full matching set [biggrin]

I guess I'm at 296whp according to my latest log, we are still tuning. I'm hoping that after my next set of pulls tonight my 91 oct map will be finalized. Then we'll move on to e30, Russ thinks theres another 30ish whp with the ethanol.
Haha i was at 300hp tapping out of fuel on eth. Seriously your making me excited to get this kit. 300ish hp on 91 is bad ass

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #96
2nd Gear Pull
[video=youtube;-tG7Ri5FXU0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tG7Ri5FXU0[/video]

3rd Gear Pull
[video=youtube;mFDLMvCRYjU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFDLMvCRYjU[/video]

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #98
Started e30 tuning. This is after the first revision. Russ says there's still more on the table. Man, does this thing MOVE now. It feels like a crazy increase over my 91 oct map.