Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dave's 2014 OW build

Waterfan

Do you even have traction under 60 mph? :)

(Am I blind/ignorant, or is this currently the most impressive e30 BT build on our boards at the moment?)

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #123
Do you even have traction under 60 mph? :)

(Am I blind/ignorant, or is this currently the most impressive e30 BT build on our boards at the moment?)
I seem to have more traction now than I did with the stock turbo. The stock power band is awful for real speed IMO. Having 300lbft from 2600-2700 RPMs, other than feeling cool/quick, is pretty pointless.

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #129
I'm trying to master my virtue of patience, haha.
I do however wish I could run straight e85, e30 is kind of a pita. The car runs so much better on ethanol. I'll most likely only run 91 if I have to go on a far drive.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I do however wish I could run straight e85, e30 is kind of a pita. The car runs so much better on ethanol. I'll most likely only run 91 if I have to go on a far drive.
Try 91 and water methanol injection. It's a lot easier then E30. You just have to keep water meth on hand. I make roughly the same power I made on e30 on 91 and water meth. Plus I no longer have to mix fuels and pray the pump has true e85.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I have an ethanol content analyzer which takes a lot of the uncertainty out of the equation when not waiting for the tank to run empty to fill up. Easy to hook up. My car has more miles on ethanol blends than without.

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #132
Try 91 and water methanol injection. It's a lot easier then E30. You just have to keep water meth on hand. I make roughly the same power I made on e30 on 91 and water meth. Plus I no longer have to mix fuels and pray the pump has true e85.
Yeah I like the idea of not having to deal with mixes, but I'm really not a fan of methanol. For my needs/goals it would be a temporary fix, assuming at some point we will be able to run e85, and I rather put that money elsewhere.

I have an ethanol content analyzer which takes a lot of the uncertainty out of the equation when not waiting for the tank to run empty to fill up. Easy to hook up. My car has more miles on ethanol blends than without.

I actually put together a kit, but ended up selling it to a forum member. My thought process was: I'll sell it and put that money towards a turbo kit that will make more power on 91 than my stock turbo running e30. Now I regret selling it and might be buying another kit unless DHM's new(not finished) aux fuel will allow us to run e85.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I actually put together a kit, but ended up selling it to a forum member. My thought process was: I'll sell it and put that money towards a turbo kit that will make more power on 91 than my stock turbo running e30. Now I regret selling it and might be buying another kit unless DHM's new(not finished) aux fuel will allow us to run e85.
Russ told me it's a few months out for the multiport aux fuel. It will be released for the Focus ST first, then the Fiesta ST shortly afterwards. Each runner will have a fuel injector that sprays to both valves per port. If you plan on filling up with straight e85 then no problem, but if you want to run anything in between e10 - e85 it's still helpful to know exactly what's in the tank, until Cobb releases Flex Fuel options and support for Ford Ecoboost products like they recently did for Subaru's.

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #134
I received my Pierce motorsports track package today and did a little unboxing video. I ordered it Thursday so it got here pretty quickly! I'm looking forward to the install and seeing how much of an improvement it will be.

[video=youtube;muNXvIhoCUk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=muNXvIhoCUk[/video]

I'm excited to hear your thoughts on the Pierce Motorsports package. I want to buy a few of their suspension products myself!

Chris G

I received my Pierce motorsports track package today and did a little unboxing video. I ordered it Thursday so it got here pretty quickly! I'm looking forward to the install and seeing how much of an improvement it will be.

[video=youtube;muNXvIhoCUk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=muNXvIhoCUk[/video]
Pierce stuff rocks!

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #137
Hey guys, Tj Hunt just posted a review of my FiST. I thought that some of you might want to check it out.

[video=youtube;7qqu0jBu9kQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qqu0jBu9kQ[/video]

twolf

Niiiiiiiice! He didn't seem to like it too much though. What are your feelings?

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #139
Niiiiiiiice! He didn't seem to like it too much though. What are your feelings?
Filming took about 2 hours and the whole time he seemed super stoked on the car and told me how close he came to buying one. Then the last 5-10min was him driving the car, right when he got in his demeanor changed. He might just be biased towards his car. A large portion of his fan base are BRZ/FRS owners.

masonsturbos

Agreed, lots of the downsides of the car he said aren't really bad, and he didn't even take it on any curvey roads where the car really shines.