Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dave's 2014 OW build

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thanks Zach!

Nice! Did you figure out what to do with your oil cooler?
Sorry to thread jack. I, the Mishimoto oil cooler is a pain to make fit with the DHM bar and intercooler. I had to downgrade to a 10 row cooler and i used roll bar accessory clamps to mount the cooler to the crash bar.

This was the first time I mounted it. The only difference is i use the roll bar clamps to mount it now. I hope this helps heres a photo of the 19 row that comes with the mishi kit when I tried to mock it up

I hope this helps

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

koozy

3000 Post Club
Nice! Did you figure out what to do with your oil cooler?
most likely it will be up for sale, are you looking for an oil cooler to add to your set up, haha? [party]
I'm not willing to reduce the oil cooler size to make it fit and more than likely be getting the radiator, so take good notes during your install, lol. Russ suggests that all I need is the colder thermostat as it's been working wonders for him and a few of his customers, but after looking at what's involved to replace it I just don't want to entertain it, lol.

I love the wheels.
I like your dog.

I've NEVER seen the tacho in a FiST go like this!

I did a 1st - 3rd gear pull last night. I'm loving that DHM power!

[video=youtube;Q-1Huw8CZZQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-1Huw8CZZQ[/video]
My 2.5T i5 did, with a GT3071R fitted, but not my subsequent FiST. [loveboost]

how comfortable are you shifting at 7500? If I have learned anything over the years. RPM kills engine quick!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I did a quick review of the mishimoto radiator yesterday

[video=youtube;U4TsLEcXCeo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=U4TsLEcXCeo[/video]
Is the Mishimoto radiator so good that it could even help out the factory oil to coolant heat exchanger, almost to the point of NOT needing an aftermarket, air to oil, stacked plate cooler??! (Or not really?)

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #171
Well, I traded the FiST in today after spending the last week getting in back into complete stock form. I went to Carmax first, they offered me $14k. I am OCD about my cars so it looked just about as good as it did when it first rolled of the lot. It was a 2014 base model with 17,500 miles and brand new tires. I then took it to BMW and after some negotiation, they ended up giving me $14,600. I was happy with that. I got rid of the FiST to save some money for the time being. I got a 2016 328i on an incredible lease special, lowing my payment by over $100 a month with all maintenance covered as well as a $5000 credit towards anything that the car may need at the end of the lease (including tires). I really enjoyed my 2 1/2 year ownership of the FiST. To date, it was by far my most reliable tuner car I've owned.

Here's the FiST all back to stock (before I washed it)

New 328i

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm guessing that an M2 would have run close to $250.00/month MORE than the FiST payments, correct?

If I were to go to the Bayerische marque, that would be the only one I could consider, as I like it even more than all of the other, much higher priced, M's. [driving]

But yes, congrats and best of luck/motoring pleasure with the new ride. :)

DHM1

1000 Post Club
[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji22][emoji22]

My favorite Fiesta ST is gone but never forgotten!

Thanks for being an awesome customer Dave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad to see you go, but that's a nice BMW.

With all the take-off parts you sold, your car kind of lives on, thanks for the intercooler!