Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Has anyone tried installing the Kicker sub from the regular Fiesta?

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I wanted to see if anyone plan to or thought of installing the Kicker sub?

It's part number CE8Z-18808-A
$T2eC16V,!zkFJC3d(LJ!BScno(bznQ~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-FORD-SPEAKER-SUBWOOFER-FORD-FIESTA-11-14-CE8Z18808A-/221308591142

PART NUMBER CE8Z18808A

FITS

2014 Ford Fiesta S Sedan

2013 Ford Fiesta SE Sedan

2014 Ford Fiesta SE Sedan

2013 Ford Fiesta Titanium Sedan

2014 Ford Fiesta Titanium Sedan

2012 Ford Fiesta S Sedan

2014 Ford Fiesta S Hatch

2012 Ford Fiesta SE Sedan

2014 Ford Fiesta SE Hatch

2012 Ford Fiesta SEL Sedan

2014 Ford Fiesta Titanium Hatch

2011 Ford Fiesta S Sedan

2014 Ford Fiesta ST Hatch

2011 Ford Fiesta SE Sedan

2013 Ford Fiesta S Sedan

2011 Ford Fiesta SEL Sedan

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
This is a great option for the hatch.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Didn't even know it was available, good find. I know sweet fa about sound systems, anyone know whether you need to run a AMP?

OP
rooSTer

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Didn't even know it was available, good find. I know sweet fa about sound systems, anyone know whether you need to run a AMP?
It has a built in amp

I'm tempted to give it a shot. Steve over at Tasca has it for $477.00 plus shipping and the 5% "FiestaST" coupon can be used on it. I had him send me the directions to install but I'll probably wait until spring as I don't have a garage.

install instructions:
http://www.64systems.com/sub-install.pdf

Doesn't look that hard.
Not at all, as long as it fits - standard sub install, run power to the battery, no remote, I was excited for a minute thinking there was going to be a sub output somewhere - but they're just tapping into the front right speaker wires for signal.

Well good thing I double checked. The dealer I got my car from says Fiesta Sedan only. Does not fit the FiST.

OP
rooSTer

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Well good thing I double checked. The dealer I got my car from says Fiesta Sedan only. Does not fit the FiST.
That stinks, I even asked that ebay seller and he said it fits the Fiesta hatch.

STooge

It would fit a tank if you want it to. All you have to do is take care with the install and try to use factory fasteners or at lease close too then hide your wiring and it would work fine. I wish I had a picture but I installed my audiophile sub and amp from my SVT Focus in my fianc?es sedan focus. No one would be able to tell unless I told them.

OP
rooSTer

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
Did a little bit more digging around and found another one listed under a 2011 Fiesta Hatch.
Part Name: Speaker Box and Speaker Assembly
Part Number: 18808

rear-subwoofer-box.jpg

Might have to do with the 'different height' levels of the cargo space. regular fiesta vs st. If you put the floor in the lower position then maybe?

Its too bad ford accessories doesn't provide more information regarding the kicker. Its fairly high priced (I assume due to the limited market); but from the one picture I've seen it seems to not intrude on cargo space.

I was looking at the kicker bass station, infinity basslink, and rockford fosgate p300-10 as viable powered subwoofer options but they all take up prime cargo space.

STooge

Might have to do with the 'different height' levels of the cargo space. regular fiesta vs st. If you put the floor in the lower position then maybe?

Its too bad ford accessories doesn't provide more information regarding the kicker. Its fairly high priced (I assume due to the limited market); but from the one picture I've seen it seems to not intrude on cargo space.

I was looking at the kicker bass station, infinity basslink, and rockford fosgate p300-10 as viable powered subwoofer options but they all take up prime cargo space.
Check this out. Awesome idea to save some space.

Space saving install

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
My friend with a FoST is doing a "space saver" install by reversing the spare tire in the floor and putting the sub in the space freed by inverting the tire, but that thread is damn impressive

My friend with a FoST is doing a "space saver" install by reversing the spare tire in the floor and putting the sub in the space freed by inverting the tire, but that thread is damn impressive
Thats exactly what I did in my Volkswagen.

The sub is in a box that I built below the floor with a circular bottom that fits perfectly in the VW wheel. The VW wheel didn't need to be inverted as it was face-down already. I hope its not hard to do on the Fiesta. The easiest way for me to move this setup over when I get my new car would be to try fitting the existing box in the fiesta spare wheel. If it doesn't fit, I'll have to build a new box, but I don't want shallow mount subs. That VW setup is an Alpine type-R 10" with 600 watts rms going to it. It was fantastic.

I've done a couple of my own sub setups haven't decided yet what to do uploadfromtaptalk1390109615565.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1390109653515.jpg