Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FearTheSnail's ST

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Which Kit did you Order ?? Also have you given any thought to a LSD. The 2J intake is funny how it or at least mine whistles till it goes positive on the boost the it gets quiet and gets to work .. Nice build so far ..

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Cool build:):) Mine is a bit of a sleeper as well.

I second the motion on the LSD.

And recommend to consider a clutch and or flywheel while at it.

3" exhaust?

Welcome aboard, you are going to love modding this car and seeing how great it really is:)

Rick

What an awesome build. It is so nice to people buying those kits and really pushing this car! I have to comment on DHM, Russ is AWESOME! His workmenship is amazing. I just got their catless downpipe, and let me tell you, it is BEAUTIFUL! Russ is a great guy, always answers all your questions, and REALLY knows his stuff. GREAT!!! Choice on going with their kit! I am excited to see how yours turns out!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Likely the DHM one will but not out yet, maybe he can work it into your build?

I thought somebody made one.

I made my own with fewer bends and less angles, 5" SS core resonator and Borla race muffler with Vband so I can put a straight pipe on for the track, it was a lot more work than any exhaust I ever built but has to flow about as good as anything could. I have a single outlet, Vibrant oval, it had a rounded in edge I cut off to make it even better, oval for a bit of style, I really like the looks, low weight and better flow of straight 3" all the way through.

I was asked to duplicate it but just to tight a fit and lots of tweaking mounts, etc to keep from hitting anywhere.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I contacted Russ directly and went with the same GTX kit that you have. I have thought about a mechanical LSD. I am curious to see how it puts the power down without it. If it becomes a huge issue I will order an upgraded clutch and LSD at the same time so I'm not spending too much time messing with the trans. The biggest issue I see right now is going to be the tires. Were you running 205's before your 225's? If so, would it break loose in third when pushing it hard?

My intake is the same way as yours. Makes a load of noise just cruising, but when you get on it, it quiets down a bit.
The tire Russ had on the car while tuning were 205/45/17 mich AS3 great 3 season tire but not a max summer tire and they gave up traction pretty easy anytime over 4500 rpm in the first 4 gears the 225 seem to hold better but once past 4k rpm you need to be driving the car as it just pulls like a freight train and with my set up it feels like the cars is wiggling back and forth as it flies forward be interesting to hear of your experience with it maybe it is just the TV or some left over E-dif brake function. only time will tell. But boy does it haul the mail to north of dbl the legal posted limit.. You will love the noises this thing makes it is just fun to here it flutter and then if you want a pop bang and snarl show on the long decel .. My young Son was with me and said "is this the part where the flames shoot out the back" I said yup it is ... lol kids eh ..

As mentioned ask Russ about the forth coming super light weight exhaust he has in mind..

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #11
The tire Russ had on the car while tuning were 205/45/17 mich AS3 great 3 season tire but not a max summer tire and they gave up traction pretty easy anytime over 4500 rpm in the first 4 gears the 225 seem to hold better but once past 4k rpm you need to be driving the car as it just pulls like a freight train and with my set up it feels like the cars is wiggling back and forth as it flies forward be interesting to hear of your experience with it maybe it is just the TV or some left over E-dif brake function. only time will tell. But boy does it haul the mail to north of dbl the legal posted limit.. You will love the noises this thing makes it is just fun to here it flutter and then if you want a pop bang and snarl show on the long decel .. My young Son was with me and said "is this the part where the flames shoot out the back" I said yup it is ... lol kids eh ..

As mentioned ask Russ about the forth coming super light weight exhaust he has in mind..
I can't wait for this! lol...

Russ told me he had an exhaust in mind, I wasn't sure if he had mentioned it to people or not yet. I am waiting patiently like a little kid before Christmas. Haven't been this excited for anything in years.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
You going WMI or just waiting for the 5th injector ? I hear tell he is making progress on it.

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #13
You going WMI or just waiting for the 5th injector ? I hear tell he is making progress on it.
I run into a big issue with fuel in Idaho. The highest octane we have available at most gas stations is 91. We do have a SunCo that sells 110 octane. I will most likely end up with meth injection, but would like to wait for the 5th port injection.

In the MazdaSpeed3 I have the luxury of being able to upgrade my fuel pump and run a ethanol mix.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I hear ya on fuel its like that here too 91 pure or 93 with a 10% E mix.. And I still need to drive 20 min to find 93 at that.. also we do have a E85 selling gas staion chain so I'll push Russ to get the 5th Ij going or I'll send him my kids LOL

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #15
I hear ya on fuel its like that here too 91 pure or 93 with a 10% E mix.. And I still need to drive 20 min to find 93 at that.. also we do have a E85 selling gas staion chain so I'll push Russ to get the 5th Ij going or I'll send him my kids LOL
I will have to do some checking around. I know at one point they had slapped 93 stickers on about 20 different pumps. Then about a month later they were back to saying 91. Sad day. 5th port will be our friend.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am going to wait for the 5th injector setup so I can skip the added parts, hassle, etc of WMI. It works when done right but I have had far less hassle with a 5th injector.

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #17
Then comes the question, would I run out of fuel quicker with ethanol free 91, or 91 with 10% ethanol mixed in. hmmmmm

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
My plan is to run just straight 91 and see if I get the power I want out of the EFR which should be easy as 300WHP is the goal and probably more than I need. I did not think of running E30 as E85 is 100 miles from me but leaving Utah in July for good, I will be all over the place so finding E85 might not be easy and probably not needed, at least I hope so:)

I recall Rodmoe's car making 325WHP on 93 octane, not sure if any ethanol in the fuel, just stock injectors and pump so 300 should be obtainable on 91 I would imagine. On the street much more than that could be a real handful and you will certainly want and LSD to use it more effectively.

Speculations here of course, we will know soon, hopefully very soon on the 5th injector setup!

Awesome build going. I'm highly considering the Dhm 320 kit and replacing the apporiate parts from the cobb stage 3 with the parts from the kit such as the intake pipe which looks like i can attach to the first part of the cobbs intake the Dp and Hardpipe, I'll have to email Russ again to see. I'll keep a eye out for updates.

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #20
Awesome build going. I'm highly considering the Dhm 320 kit and replacing the apporiate parts from the cobb stage 3 with the parts from the kit such as the intake pipe which looks like i can attach to the first part of the cobbs intake the Dp and Hardpipe, I'll have to email Russ again to see. I'll keep a eye out for updates.
The downpipe certainly won't fit. the turbo has a vband flange which will not bolt to the flange on a stock DP. The kit comes with a dp that will however work. Essentially all you would need is a big FMIC and 3" catback.