Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Did you choose the Recaro Partial Leather-Trimmed Seats?

Did you choose the Recaro Partial Leather-Trimmed Seats?

• RECARO Partial Leather-Trimmed Seats

Votes: 268 68.5%
  • Cloth Front Sport Seat with ST Logo with 60/40 Split Rear Seat

Votes: 123 31.5%

• Total voters
RECARO Molten Orange. But I wish the head rests would tilt back a bit. I feel like I'm being forced to lean forward. I've even extended the headrests all the way up to try to get some relief.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Yes,
I got the Recaro seats.

Not because they look fantastic.
Not because they provide excellent support.
Not because they are extremely comfortable.

But because they are PUPPY APPROVED!

Dave

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
How about cloth but Recaros. Aussie FiSTs have no options and the spec'd Recaros don't come in leather but fully cloth. I still think they're rad!
Interesting. I wonder if you can get cloth Recaros in the US? I'm guessing not.

Recaros here with 220 mi. Wouldn't have it any other way, but the seats are a total ball-squisher. I have to arrange "my junk" before or while climbing into the car.

Once you're in you're ready to do work, but its like new paint... all about the prep work.

6 foot 185 btw

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
No choice for me, Recaro's are standard in Canada
Actually quite a lot is standard in Canada. Only real options to pick is the moonroof, nav and painted wheels, oh and colour of course. Everything else is there, including the block heater (yay!)

They only had one FiST in town with the White Oxford exterior that I wanted, and it had the Recaros. It gets HOT here in South Texas, so I wanted cloth b/c leather gets sticky. I'm nearing 1k miles and I couldn't be happier that I had no choice in seating and got 'stuck' with the Recaros! I'm 6'3" 200lbs, but my legs think I'm 6'6" with my 36" inseam. My waist is 32" but my upper body is very muscular with wide shoulders (think swimmer) and the Recaros are snug on me. My lats don't really slide inside the upper bolsters, but I LOVE these seats! Now when I sit in regular seats, I feel like I'm floating on a piece of particle board in the middle of the ocean; I'm sliding around and having to use my core to keep myself in place. The bolsters on the Recaros keep me comfortably in place, but it did take a while to get adjusted to the feel. Now, I've been spoiled to non-racing seats. I'll never go back! Oh, I never thought I'd use them but the heater has been great in the morning with our extended cold fronts. Bonus: I didn't have to pay the extra $2K for them!

I have a Euro spec car, my Recaro's are all cloth. I haven't seen many cars with the same seats. For Euro cars, what options dictates if the car gets half-leather or full-cloth Recaros?

SPhilli911

I didn't get to sit in either the standard seats or the Recaros, I made the decision to get the Recaros based entirely on the fact that I will be autocrossing the car. Also that they are heated, which will be nice in the winter.

Really wishing I would have gone with them for autocross events but I plan on buying some type of seat for it.

Went with standard cloth, and absolutely love them. So comfortable on the long and short drives, easy to get in and out. and man that lumbar is wicked.

im 6"3 and I LOVE them so much.

I recently broke in my passenger seat (and suspension) with one of my coworkers who is nearly 400 lbs. Yes the door closed. No he couldn't put his seat belt on.[clap]

went with the recaros, had them in my evo and these are even more bolstered then they were, haha i love them

I love good seats, so of course I got the Recaros. They are more comfy than the Recaros in my old Evo X to me and hold me just as well. The basic seats felt like your standard junky parkbench-style seats in an cheap econobox, only reason to pick them is if you are too large for the Recaros IMO. I'm 6' and ~185lbs for the people comparing.

The Recaros were one of the things I was really hoping to get when looking for a FiST, and fortunately the single ST that our local dealer had on the lot was equipped with not only Recaros, but the moonroof as well. I've always liked well-bolstered seats, and then there's the whole Recaro thing... And I was relieved to find that the Recaros fit me just fine and feel great. In fact, my main concern was that my wife would find them comfy as well, and glory be, she does. I haven't had the ST on a long road trip yet (only had it a few days), so I'm looking forward to seeing how the seats do over the long haul. Ours are the leather with grey inserts. I'd like to have had the Orange, but it wasn't that big a deal... The car was sitting there and available, so what the heck. :)

I didn't think my fat ass would fit in the Recaros, but lo and behold it does! They were perhaps a bit too tight at first, but they've broken in after a couple weeks. I wouldn't want to go back to the stock seats my regular Fiesta had.