Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Did you choose the Recaro Partial Leather-Trimmed Seats?

Did you choose the Recaro Partial Leather-Trimmed Seats?

• RECARO Partial Leather-Trimmed Seats

Votes: 268 68.5%
  • Cloth Front Sport Seat with ST Logo with 60/40 Split Rear Seat

Votes: 123 31.5%

• Total voters
Fist Recaros totally not comfortable for me as a DD. Not all Recaros are created equal. I've had very comfortable Recaros, and then some not so much. The ones on the Fist, as well as my EvoX, are my least favorites. I was stuck with the Evos, but I made sure I drove some with the Fist's before making a decision to go with the plain janes.

Recaro look a lot better, and are great for track driving for me but that's about it. It all comes down to personal preference.

Really wanted the Recaros, but the only cars close by that had them were black and I'm not a fan of black cars (when they're clean they're beautiful, but keeping them clean is a chore). Got my kona blue with base seats, and do not regret it one bit.

Fist Recaros totally not comfortable for me as a DD. Not all Recaros are created equal. I've had very comfortable Recaros, and then some not so much. The ones on the Fist, as well as my EvoX, are my least favorites. I was stuck with the Evos, but I made sure I drove some with the Fist's before making a decision to go with the plain janes.

Recaro look a lot better, and are great for track driving for me but that's about it. It all comes down to personal preference.
I have the opposite experience.

I was in a Fiesta rental for a week (seats are the same as base seats in the ST, except ST has the 'ST' stitching on the seats). The seats were horrible! They seat bottom was too short, didn't have enough horizontal space to rest my legs. They were very flat and had pretty much zero support. Yes, they were easier to get in and out of, but not by that much. When you get out, you still feel a hard plastic edge of the seat (maybe related to the seat frame) on your bum.

I was very happy to return to my Recaros. By far, much much more comfortable. Only a slight hassle to get in and out of the Recaros, as you don't want to drag your butt on the high thigh bolster. Treat your seat well and it'll last longer!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Treat your seat well and it'll last longer!
I did EXACTLY that (and THEN some), and the Recaro SPD (forerunner of their current 'Speed' seat) I had in my 2000 Z28 DISINTEGRATED within 3 years time (suspension broke and dropped out of the frame, Avus material wore clean through to the cushions even in LOW wear areas, and the cushions themselves crushed and deformed) and Recaro refused to either warranty it, OR even sell me the covers/cushions to repair it myself. About $800.00 plus a $175.00 Wedge base adapter thrown away. [mad]

Now granted, Recaro may care a bit more about their OEM contracts than the aftermarket, and therefore take much more care in materials and build quality, but they have lost me for LIFE as a customer, so NO, I REFUSE to pay a $2000.00 premium for their name on my seats! [nono]

I will eventually install my OWN seats in this car (Status Spas in alcantara, which I am told will be made in THIS country in the very near future, Cobra Daytonas in alcantara, OR Sparco, OMP, or Racetech shells IF I decide to go that way) once I figure out how to get around the air bag s**t.

Here's a random seat thought.......If I could put the seats from my Fusion Titanium in my Fist, I think it would be perfect. They are MUCH more comfortable than either option in the Fist, and the bolstering is in between the Fist standard and Recaro seats, which is what I'd really like to have. I know its not a real option, but the thought just crossed my mind reading this thread.

5'11'' 170lbs ... The Recaros are a perfect fit for me. Most comfortable seats I have experienced by far.

If you guys ever knew what good seats feel like. Recararo should never be allowed to put their name on some....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a random seat thought.......If I could put the seats from my Fusion Titanium in my Fist, I think it would be perfect. They are MUCH more comfortable than either option in the Fist, and the bolstering is in between the Fist standard and Recaro seats, which is what I'd really like to have. I know its not a real option, but the thought just crossed my mind reading this thread.
I have the clothies. I drove a mid-level Focus rental while they fixed my air conditioner, and I was jealous. Softer with more bolstering. What the heck...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You have to search around in here, but there was someone who installed focus st seats in his fist so I know it's possible.

6'4" 200lbs, and the Recaros were a must-have for me. The only thing I worry about is wear on the thigh bolster from getting in and out of the car. Anyone have any advice?

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
6'4" 200lbs, and the Recaros were a must-have for me. The only thing I worry about is wear on the thigh bolster from getting in and out of the car. Anyone have any advice?
Yes, hold the upper bolster with your left hand and use that to protect it by sliding your butt over the back of your hand instead of scraping on the upper bolster and the thigh bolster. This helps on cars with prominent bolsters or low cars where otherwise your whole body weight is sliding across the edge of the seat.

Are the Recaros not available without Leather in the States?!
I have the non Leather Racaros in grey, because i dont like Leather that much...

About how much weight would you estimate you dropped with your partial interior gutting/delete (rear seats, back panels, etc.)? [dunno]
I dont know cause i dont have weight the single Parts, but i will weight my Car in April, should be around 2425lbs = 1100kg.
The 3 Door Version is a bit lighter than the 5 Door i think :)
The Papers say a stock Fiesta ST Dry Weight is 2557lbs thats 1160kg.