Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sequoia National Forest Drive Friday the 19th? Roughly around Bakersfield for those of you unfamiliar

Hey guys,

I'm planning to go for a nice drive Friday the 19th up in the Sequoia National Forest, essentially my adopted backyard. Doing a loop that starts and ends in Kernville CA.

Drive to trail of 100 Giants, bad ass big sequoia trees.

See things like this from the road

Finish the drive with a trip to the Kern River Brewing Company for some tasty beer, easily one of my favorites for good beer, and I've lived in San Diego for a period of time in the past 3 years.

I figured I'd throw an invite out there for anyone who may be interested. Right now it's just myself and a friend and his wife in their Focus ST. If there was any interest I can add some info.

OP
Brick
Thread Starter #3
[MENTION=2532]MegaBuster[/MENTION] , [MENTION=2863]TruConspiracy[/MENTION]

[MENTION=2532]MegaBuster[/MENTION] , [MENTION=2863]TruConspiracy[/MENTION]
Man, I would love to go. unfortunately I dont ever get fridays off. I get 3 wknds off a month with 1 being a 4 day wknd. Keep me in mind whenever you go. Hopefully one day Ill be available. And I love KRBC. Havent been there in awhile. Thanks for the invite tho

OP
Brick
Thread Starter #7
Today was a pretty great time. I can't believe how on rails the fiesta st is. Overall, about 180 miles of twisty roads. We went to trail of 100 miles and to Peppermint Falls. Some solid B-roads up there make for some good fun.

It got toasty, especially on the way back to the high desert. Kernville was about 102 when we left.

pveoq

Hey, I'm new to the forum so I just saw this thread. I went to Sequoia on 7/17! I'm not familiar with the area so I'm not sure exactly where I was. I road tripped from San Diego with my college roommates. I think we were in Kings Canyon. Anyways, those are the best roads I've driven. Very fun. Temps were in the upper 90s that weekend and I had 4 people in the car yet the Fiesta had no problem going up the mountains. I did have to give it a rest after the drive though, let it catch its breath

[video]https://youtu.be/Xv6RY9hiWQs[/video]