Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Will Work for Beer Thread

Coming from the VW TDI community, we had a ton of local people that graciously offered their tools/expertise/garages for DIY installs, maintenance, etc. Not sure if we have a critical mass here, but thought I'd try to get a thread going to list people who are ready and willing to help wrench.

I, for one, am happy to lend a hand, though I make no guarantee about my mechanical expertise or knowledge. I can offer:

• A relatively flat driveway with a car port
  • Floor jack and jack stands
  • Ramps
  • A shitty-but-gets-the-job-done impact wrench
  • A full 1/2" and 1/4" drive ratchet set
  • Dremmel with a bunch of accessories
  • A questionably-accurate torque wrench

rexdriver85

Good idea!

I was in the same community. The VAGCOM map was awesome. I met with a guy close to me, he was so cool he let me TAKE IT for a whole week. I returned it after I was done doing some logging. That was very trusting and to be honest I'm not sure I would have been that open to it myself lol.

I am a diesel technician by trade, I have just about any tool that would be needed for a job. All types of lubricants, anti seize, loctite, etc etc. You name it. I've been buying tools off the Snap-On man for 10 years now. There's not much I don't have at this point. Good tools make a big difference sometimes.

However I cannot host at this time since I live in a small apartment on a stone lot.

If anyone ever needs help in the area don't hesitate to ask, get a few guys together for an install day or something like that. Beer... Pizza... Bloody knuckles... [emoji106][emoji13]

kevinatfms

I am willing to help. Full 2 car garage(steep driveway though) but with a full assortment of tools, jacks/jackstands, air compressor and full air tools. Worked for Ford as a tech from 2004-2011 and as a Kia, Hyundai tech for sometime during that stint also. Large house to host gatherings and cool neighbors that dont mind a little noise from the garage(they may even come to hang/help). Oh and i love to drink some beer.

Just PM me if you ever need any help or want to set something up. Ill add some pics of the garage setup later for anyone interested.

JasonHaven

Awesome thread and idea :) (I know nothing* and live in an apartment)

* ok not nothing, but not enough to be helpful anymore, I haven't worked on cars in like 15 years.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I wouldn't mind giving some local guys a hand, but I can't work on other peoples cars in my fathers driveway he's a PITA. But I wouldn't mind coming out to give somebody some help for a 6 pack of coors light :)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I have always tried to help fellow car enthusiasts.
But I don't drink beer.

Dave