Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Catch Cans

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

I'm no expert, but I think they are both separate systems. With most systems you just get the PCV catch can. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

I'm no expert, but I think they are both separate systems. With most systems you just get the PCV catch can. Someone correct me if I'm wrong
That is correct. You'd need 2 cans.

I'm not sure a CC is necessary on the CCV side, to be honest. My hose on that side has always been bone dry and another vendor who had a can on the CCV had next to no accumulation.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #144
To be honest, most of the oil you are going to catch will be through the PCV side of things. We are offering the CCV side catch can as well for anyone who doesn't want to take any chances.

If your Fiesta has say 77,000 km on it will this still be an effective mod for longevity of the engine?

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #146
If your Fiesta has say 77,000 km on it will this still be an effective mod for longevity of the engine?
A catch can will help any engine run longer. The engine will not have as much oil vapor entering the intake when using a catch can. This helps the valves stay cleaner and the car run more efficiently.

You've likely already coated your valves with sludge. A catch can will dramatically slow further buildup. Walnut blasting the gunk out costs anywhere from $300 to $600 depending on where you are, so the $180 (guess) you spend on this will be a good buy in comparison.

Plus the sound symposer delete needed for fitment of Boomba's can.

if you have or planning to get the intake spacer the it doesnt push the manifold out enough to be in the way of the catch can does it? I would assume yall already thought of that.
Yeah, I was thinking about that too. The spacers are in my future plans.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #153
Nice too see the location!!

Do you use the same location for the PCV side and the CCV side?
Nope. Two different locations. That way someone could run two set-ups if they so desired.

if you have or planning to get the intake spacer the it doesnt push the manifold out enough to be in the way of the catch can does it? I would assume yall already thought of that.
Don't worry, the picture above is fitted on a car with the spacers. They fit with no issue :)

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. The spacers are in my future plans.
100% compatible with or without the spacers!

Young L

Nope. Two different locations. That way someone could run two set-ups if they so desired.

Don't worry, the picture above is fitted on a car with the spacers. They fit with no issue :)

100% compatible with or without the spacers!
word. holy hell i just realized my grammer is way off on that one lol

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #159
Isn't the pcv on the left side of the engine? That's the one catching most oil.
It must be the picture and the way the hoses are routed. You are correct that the PCV side will catch a majority of the oil.

When I have the final install guide released, you will see what I am talking about.