Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Catch Cans

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

MOFiST

It seems strange to me you'd call stage 2 the PCV side when it's the side most would do first. I like the placement of the PCV can but it will alienate some buyers in having to remove the symposer. It does fit into the balls out racing theme of your products so I understand the rationale.

I'm not keen on having to unscrew a plug to empty it. Am I suppose to buy and install a fitting plus a hose for that?

masonsturbos

They want you to buy more- symposer delete- to fit their can. There does seem to be a lot of extra plumbing for the pcv side. Most others seem they will be mounting the can on the shock tower. The ccv side isn't even plugged in and it's right there.
From what I'm seeing, this kit seems for more show than anything. There is plenty of room closer to the pcv side.
And MOFiST- I agree. Pcv should be stage 1 as its most important. Ccv will probably only be necessary on big turbo cars or running high boost.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #169
As far as the whole "stage 1" v "stage 2" it is really just a naming thing. Sure, the PCV side is going to catch more, but some people also wanted to run a CCV can, so we are giving them that option.

For anyone saying it is "just for show", these cans are proven and will work and catch just as much as any plug and play system.

The reason it is mounted on the symposer location is because of the size of the can. We wanted a can that would have to be serviced less so this resulted in a bigger can, severely limiting mounting locations on the FiST. The bracket the can fits in is easily loosened which allows you to slide the can up and access the drain plug very easily. It is a 1/8" NPT thread so if someone wanted to replace it with a quick drain valve or something, they can do so. However it is more intended to just be slid up and out of the bracket to be drained.

Anywho, we are live for anyone that is interested!

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...ailable-with-Intro-Pricing!?p=99806#post99806

I for one like the location. Seems easier to get to. I don't own a heat gun so I wonder how hard it would be to get the fittings into the stock hoses with out one. Guess I could borrow a hair dryer lol.

I for one like the location. Seems easier to get to. I don't own a heat gun so I wonder how hard it would be to get the fittings into the stock hoses with out one. Guess I could borrow a hair dryer lol.
Don't bother with heat. Just use a razor blade and carefully cut the hose directly above the fitting.

Can anyone speculate how often the PCV side will need to be emptied, every tank of gas, every oil change, or once every 10k miles? Thanks for the info.

Young L

Can anyone speculate how often the PCV side will need to be emptied, every tank of gas, every oil change, or once every 10k miles? Thanks for the info.
its up to you really. there's a sight glass so if it get up to that point i would definitely empty it then.

[MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION] Will i need to delete the symposer to fit this can?
yes, but you dont have to buy one of those delete kits. just buy a rubber expansion plug I bought a Dorman 1-1/4" - 1-3/8" expansion plug from autozone for $12. had to have it ship overseas. You could prolly get it cheaper in the store or even find something at lowes or home depot.

I want to know if you fixed the problem with black anodized stuff fading super fast.
this. I asked the same question in the intake/throttle spacer thread and was kinda blown off from whoever at boomba responded.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #176
I want to know if you fixed the problem with black anodized stuff fading super fast.
Yes the problem has been addressed and fixed. The issue we had was very isolated to a small batch of original wing risers. The person we were using for anodizing at the time failed to use sealant on the parts, resulting in the items fading quickly. We have reached out to anyone that has had issues. Since then, we have switched anodizers.

[MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION] Will i need to delete the symposer to fit this can?
Yes, a symposer delete is necessary.

this. I asked the same question in the intake/throttle spacer thread and was kinda blown off from whoever at boomba responded.
Didn't mean to blow you off! We must've not seen the question. Sorry for not responding. Please see our reply above ^^.

[MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION] my question was Can anyone speculate how often the PCV side will need to be emptied, every tank of gas, every oil change, or once every 10k miles? Thanks for the info.

[MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION] my question was Can anyone speculate how often the PCV side will need to be emptied, every tank of gas, every oil change, or once every 10k miles? Thanks for the info.
Definitely not every tank of gas. The Boomba can is actually quite large (350ml vs. Mishi's 60ml can). It will almost certainly be fine to change every 5k.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Yes the problem has been addressed and fixed. The issue we had was very isolated to a small batch of original wing risers. The person we were using for anodizing at the time failed to use sealant on the parts, resulting in the items fading quickly. We have reached out to anyone that has had issues. Since then, we have switched anodizers.

Yes, a symposer delete is necessary.

Didn't mean to blow you off! We must've not seen the question. Sorry for not responding. Please see our reply above ^^.
My wing risers are faded as well just thought thats what happens to them

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #180
Really strange, our response to your comment didn't post.

You'd probably be looking at 5-8k miles every time to empty. This does depend on a lot of factors though such as tune, climate, and driving habits.