Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Satellite Radio Antenna

Does anyone in high heat areas have this issue with the antenna not sticking to the windshield? This happens multiple times a day when driving or parked?

Would it be best to just use the glue for rear view mirrors or maybe something else?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
In my experience once it falls it will never glue on solid without new tape. I went to a windsheild place for the good stuff.

Good luck

OP
redsilvy
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up.. Maybe I'll just do that. It looks like the same stuff they use to attach credit cards to paper in the mail lol

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I just went out to the garage to check mine....So far no issues here with the heat...And its been in the 115's F for the past week here....

But thanks for the heads up....I'll keep an eye out...

OP
redsilvy
Thread Starter #5
It's been going on since it got to the 90s now. What's really annoying is that it's heavy enough to move the mirror so I have to adjust it every time it happens or when driving it makes you jump a bit from the noise.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Take it back to the dealer, it will be fixed.

BTW it is a GPS/NAV antenna not satellite radio.

Dave

OP
redsilvy
Thread Starter #7
Oh haha I'll swing it by this week then. I just don't want them to use the same stuff.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Oh haha I'll swing it by this week then. I just don't want them to use the same stuff.
What difference does it make what the use.
They will use the proper item that FoMoCo tells them to use.
The bottom line is that you get it fixed under warranty.

Dave