Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PerfBlue15's Daily driver Tarmac Spec Rally Theme Build Thread

Haha i think you were the last person to see it stock. After i got home that night with the AP V3 it was all downhill from there. I ordered my intercooler that same night. As you said its a slippery slope, but luckily this car is a really fun break from my race car and grudge racing
Does the j line fit without modding?

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
The only thing you honestly need to modify is the shield below the intercooler. It's just a little bit of trimming though, I am throughly happy with my $300 DIY mishimoto intercooler.

So it wasn't that hard? Are u running stage 2 now. Dude I absolutely love your car. The front end is perfect

Is there a guide on how to mod it to fit? I might pick it up? Did u guys use the stock piping?

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
I don't think there's a guide and personally I am not willing to write one. I have been building and modifying cars for over 15 years so this stuff is second nature to me. The mishimoto J-line install was a super simple and completely straight forward install. You just need to fabricate intercooler brackets and find a way to attach said brackets to your crash bar. Going in completely blind. I used all the factory hoses and the only parts you need beyond the ic are, 6 t camps 2.5 inch, 2 2.5 inch 90 degree silicone couplers and 2 2.5 inch aluminum joiners. I did the job in 4 hours while taking breaks to work on customer cars.

Yea I'm not sure if it's outside my comfort zone or not until I can see it. Because fabrication usually makes it much easier to screw up

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
Oh and I'm running a stage 3+ E40 tune I wrote myself.

I host install days about once a month for the sfv members/meet Group if you need help that may work out pretty well for you

Izzy

I don't think there's a guide and personally I am not willing to write one. I have been building and modifying cars for over 15 years so this stuff is second nature to me. The mishimoto J-line install was a super simple and completely straight forward install. You just need to fabricate intercooler brackets and find a way to attach said brackets to your crash bar. Going in completely blind. I used all the factory hoses and the only parts you need beyond the ic are, 6 t camps 2.5 inch, 2 2.5 inch 90 degree silicone couplers and 2 2.5 inch aluminum joiners. I did the job in 4 hours while taking breaks to work on customer cars.
Here's a link...this is the 1st of a 6 part video series on installing it. It was invaluably good reference, but I did not have to cut nearly as much as he did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CP0ZpCUP9U

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #35
Just to clarify why did u not have to cut as much
Yeah you really don't you just need to cut the raised areas on the lower intercooler shield. I only cut my bumper for looks I did install mine with out cutting the actual bumper.
Simple "L" brackets with pressure washers is all you need. Not hard at all just measure twice cut once.
This X's 10000 they are stupid simple to fab up
Here's a link...this is the 1st of a 6 part video series on installing it. It was invaluably good reference, but I did not have to cut nearly as much as he did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CP0ZpCUP9U
Wow there is an install vid good to know.

Izzy

Just to clarify why did u not have to cut as much
Honestly I don't quite know. Perhaps it has to do with the J-line being askew. Meaning the inlet & outlet are not centered. If you flip the IC they will be closer into the car and clear most of the small plastic around the hoses. However, I also used 4" HPS cuplers and not the OEM as the don't reach quite right along with Cobb IC pipes. I cut the 2" off the top to expose more of the IC; quite worth it IMO as the car looks even more aggressive. A Rotozip/Dremel is essential as is shown in the video. I used his clamps idea to hold the IC while fabing the brackets which I banged into submission with a small sledge hammer against an anvil. I did mask as he did and held my aluminum ruler with clamps as the tape did not work for me. Use the video as a template, but adapt to your needs.

Honestly I don't quite know. Perhaps it has to do with the J-line being askew. Meaning the inlet & outlet are not centered. If you flip the IC they will be closer into the car and clear most of the small plastic around the hoses. However, I also used 4" HPS cuplers and not the OEM as the don't reach quite right along with Cobb IC pipes. I cut the 2" off the top to expose more of the IC; quite worth it IMO as the car looks even more aggressive. A Rotozip/Dremel is essential as is shown in the video. I used his clamps idea to hold the IC while fabing the brackets which I banged into submission with a small sledge hammer against an anvil. I did mask as he did and held my aluminum ruler with clamps as the tape did not work for me. Use the video as a template, but adapt to your needs.
So just to clarify again did you flip the intercooler around? Does that matter for its operation?

It was just a lot of fitting cutting, the hatch of the car, cutting the base model spoiler that the RS spoiler bolts to, more fitting trimming and cutting, then the prep for paint. Honestly painting it was the easy part. [MENTION=879]D1JL[/MENTION] is preparing a write up on the spoiler install as he did a lot of the work mounting my RS spoiler to the base fiesta spoiler. It really is a cool looking part when it's all said in done. I almost feel like a ricer saying this but I swear it is semi functional and i feel it at high speed. (But that's probably all in my head)

I still plan to paint my spoiler like D1JL did his, with the base spoiler performance blue and the sides blue as well and the top center matte black. But that's not till I do some more Performance mods and other things higher on my priority list.
The car looks great and I love the RS spoiler. It's just a shame it takes so much work to fit properly. I'm surprised a company hasn't created a kit with the base spoiler and RS wing that is a direct fit.