Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PerfBlue15's Daily driver Tarmac Spec Rally Theme Build Thread

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #41
Update. The spoiler has been painted body color, and I added euro headlights to the car. I also took it out to willow to try out my new 215 40 17 federal 595rsr tires. All i can say about those tires is for the money your hard pressed to find better. IMHO they out perform the stock tires by far.

That brings us to today. I sold my race car recently in an effort to go all out on my fist and that's what I fully intend to do. I will be picking up on ATP turbo kit on Monday for the car since dead hook would not reply to my PM, (no biggy I will spend my money with people who want it). Stay tuned for updates.

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #44
Awesome! did you decide on the 2560?
I think he posted the GTX2863...
I decided on the 2560 after seeing robs numbers with the 2554. I'll probably go ported manifold at the same time to try to help spool as well. I want an honest 280-300whp out of the car on e30

I decided on the 2560 after seeing robs numbers with the 2554. I'll probably go ported manifold at the same time to try to help spool as well. I want an honest 280-300whp out of the car on e30
I've been eyeballing the GT28R (same) for a while too...

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #47
I've been eyeballing the GT28R (same) for a while too...
Nice. I'm torn between it and a 2860gtx
I also have federal 595 RSR tires... Love them! For about $75 a pop how can you beat them
Haha right they are up to 89 each but screw it they grip like glue

Hey Perfblue, you able to post a video on what that exhaust sounds like? looks really good. almost like big money. nice idea!

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #51
Hey Perfblue, you able to post a video on what that exhaust sounds like? looks really good. almost like big money. nice idea!
Thank you i will post a vid once i go big turbo. It is a full 3 inch system as well. No 2.25 bottleneck.
Well on that note i ordered one today.
Glad you got your wing paint matched, looks much better.
Thank you sir i like it much more painted as well.

Update. I ordered my gt2560r kit today. I plan to order a forge bov sometime this week and hit up matt at panda for some tuning goodness. 280whp or bust.

Thank you again [MENTION=3244]STeve[/MENTION] for all the advise on turbo selection

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #55
Ok So I'm gathering the odds and ends for the turbo install. One last question for other big turbo owners. What bov did you go with and why?

I'm highly considering the turbo smart vee port pro and the forge 1 inch flange bov. I know the forge is direct fit and I will have to get my charge pipe modified for the turbosmart to fit.

Thanks for the input guys the bov Is the last piece of my bt build.

I decided adam [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION] will be my tuner as well

Look forward to working with you.

I recommend the Synapse DV. It works great for smaller turbos that tend to have a good amount of surge. Personally I use the factory BPV and a Turbosmart BOV on MAP's charge pipe kit in conjunction. The part throttle is handled perfectly by the factory BPV, then big boost is handled by both. It sounds awesome too haha. I will be moving to a straight Synapse DV in the future.

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #57
Ok orders have been placed. I got my ghost cam e40 tune from Adam today and ordered my turbo Smart Vee port pro BOV as well. I just couldn't justify $300+ for a bov. My turbo should be here Tuesday and installs should start happening soon after that.

I've been thinking about that 2j cowl intake and was wondering how the install went. Also I saw that you had the dry bag around it, does that keep it completely dry in heavy rains? Love the look to the car!

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #59
Update! My car is now proudly tuned by @<a href="http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/member.php?u=3805" target="_blank">Tune+</a> now. I cannot speak enough about his customer service. (I will post a full review soon) We got my tune pretty much hammered out for the stock turbo in 6 revisions and the result is
[video]https://youtu.be/D6jdfWuHQUk[/video]
I cannot speak enough about how happy I am with my Tune+ Casper cam tune and cannot wait to tune my big turbo set up with Adam and make some real power. Until then his stage 3 E40 tune will hold me over. The big turbo install will happen next weekend.

Count on a few daytime launch vids tomorrow.

Thank you for the mention. It was great working with you. It makes it easier to have a 2015 Fiesta ST of my own to just run out and do some testing on haha.

Oh yea btw. BEWP BEWP BEWP BEWP BWWWWWAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH