Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PerfBlue15's Daily driver Tarmac Spec Rally Theme Build Thread

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
The issue with Stephen's car was a change with the new Cobb software. It moved a few things around and I had to track it down. On top of that I had an issue with my Cobb key and had to sort that out and rewrite his tune from scratch after we were 4 revisions in.
Ouch...rewrite his tune from scratch...that had to be frustrating!

Yeah that new AT revision COBB recently released changed quite a few things...Thankfully COBB's new map comparison feature helped identify everything that was changed but I'm sure it still took some time to change and move things around...

I'm just trying to get a feel here for how long the re-tune process for a turbo upgrade will take on average and really appreciate the efforts you guys are making...

Ouch...rewrite his tune from scratch...that had to be frustrating!

Yeah that new AT revision COBB recently released changed quite a few things...Thankfully COBB's new map comparison feature helped identify everything that was changed but I'm sure it still took some time to change and move things around...

I'm just trying to get a feel here for how long the re-tune process for a turbo upgrade will take on average and really appreciate the efforts you guys are making...

That would of been great if I could of used the map compare feature but that wasn't an option. The "old" map was on a different Cobb key so you can't open them with any other key.

All sorted, no issue now.

To put a more sold answer to your question. I would say 1 day of a steady back and forth is what it would take to knock out a tune for the upgrade. I would say about 4 or 5 revisions now that I compiled a strong basemap for 91, I can use it on any fuel and make changes from there.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
To put a more sold answer to your question. I would say 1 day of a steady back and forth is what it would take to knock out a tune for the upgrade. I would say about 4 or 5 revisions now that I compiled a strong basemap for 91, I can use it on any fuel and make changes from there.
That's very good to hear! And I have plenty of flat open roads out here in the low desert (ALT = -13ft) to get this accomplished...Once I settle on which turbo kit to go with I'll let ya know!

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #85
Blasphemy!%&#^

I really like my 2560R but it is laggy. Wee will see what adam can do with some tuning magic. I got a new map today I will try to snap off some quick Vdyno's on 91 before I go back to ethanol. Then we see if this turbo can support my goal of 300whp

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #87
so, what headlights did you use and where did you get them? :D
I'm running oem euro fiesta headlights. I got them from ford UK directly.

Also Vdyno's will be coming soon I'm finally close to happy with the numbers the car is making after the next revision or 2 i will post the results. The amount of time it has taken to nail down my tune has mainly been because I work ridiculous hours (dealershop service advising sucks lol) and can never send logs during Adam's operating hours. I am very picky about my car and the power I want it to make as well so I will not release anything till I'm happy. Right now we are at about 280whp and climbing.

I'm running oem euro fiesta headlights. I got them from ford UK directly.

Also Vdyno's will be coming soon I'm finally close to happy with the numbers the car is making after the next revision or 2 i will post the results. The amount of time it has taken to nail down my tune has mainly been because I work ridiculous hours (dealershop service advising sucks lol) and can never send logs during Adam's operating hours. I am very picky about my car and the power I want it to make as well so I will not release anything till I'm happy. Right now we are at about 280whp and climbing.
the projector lights with LED running light? around 184 euro?

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #90
I'll just leave this here. This is still not the final number and from last revision adam is still turning it up. But for those that want to see the boost curve and what not of the atp kit. This is only on 21-22psi.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I'll just leave this here. This is still not the final number and from last revision adam is still turning it up. But for those that want to see the boost curve and what not of the atp kit. This is only on 21-22psi.
thanks for sharing!

And this is the gt2560 kit?

The curves look good with nice linear hp ramp up with smoothing set to 6.... Curious what curve looks like set to 3?

Also appears that you now reach 20psi @ ~ 4600rpm (kinda surprised to see this for a 2560)....how does it feel / compare with additional lag added?

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #93
thanks for sharing!

And this is the gt2560 kit?

The curves look good with nice linear hp ramp up with smoothing set to 6.... Curious what curve looks like set to 3?

Also appears that you now reach 20psi @ ~ 4600rpm....how does it feel / compare with additional lag added?
This is a 2560 kit. The curves are nice and as the curve tells you power delivery is extremely linear. I love it. Personally it drives like I always wanted the car to. It screams from 3500ish to 6500 and pulls like a small 4 cylinder should. Yes it is a little laggy and you do have to relearn how to drive the car.

I took the car on the first canyon run since the turbo install today. It feels phenomenal you just have to row the gear box and drive it like a true tuner car. There is still a bit of boost timing and horse power left on the table. Once we reach my goal of 300whp I will post some more graphs and what not.

I just wanted to show you guys what the atp kit is really like. I know a lot of people have bashed the kits for being laggy and cheap. Personally I am extremely happy with it and very happy I did not spend twice as much money on a dhm kit. I would like to thank adam [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION] again for being patient with me and my unique needs in a tuner.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
This is a 2560 kit. The curves are nice and as the curve tells you power delivery is extremely linear. I love it. Personally it drives like I always wanted the car to. It screams from 3500ish to 6500 and pulls like a small 4 cylinder should. Yes it is a little laggy and you do have to relearn how to drive the car.

I took the car on the first canyon run since the turbo install today. It feels phenomenal you just have to row the gear box and drive it like a true tuner car. There is still a bit of boost timing and horse power left on the table. Once we reach my goal of 300whp I will post some more graphs and what not.

I just wanted to show you guys what the atp kit is really like. I know a lot of people have bashed the kits for being laggy and cheap. Personally I am extremely happy with it and very happy I did not spend twice as much money on a dhm kit. I would like to thank adam [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION] again for being patient with me and my unique needs in a tuner.
Appreciate you posting this!

I've been going back and forth and still have not decided yet whether the 2554 and 2560 would be a good fit for my own personal goals...

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #95
Ok here are a few more v dynos and an acceleration video.
I apologize for the sloppy shifting(it's hard to shift and record) and tcs being on in adavance.
[video]https://youtu.be/Jwcf3AKYAd4[/video]
Here are the promised v dynos. I always use the same street but they are all over the place lol. Vdyno sucks. As you can see though the car hauls ass no dhm $4k turbo kit needed here.

@<a href="http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/member.php?u=688" target="_blank">Sourskittle</a> @<a href="http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/member.php?u=1333" target="_blank">BoostBumps</a>

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #97
Looks good, I like the traction control flashing at you all the way through 3rd.
Right?! Traction issues in third is a fun problem to have. Thanks again for killing it with the tune.
I am gonna get some track times soon and see if my driver mod still works. I got a piar of slicks and rims. Maybe, we can get this ghetto ATP kit into the 12s lol.

C. love

wow cool stuff going on here. Maybe I missed it or its an inside joke whys the ATP kit Ghetto as you say?

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #100
wow cool stuff going on here. Maybe I missed it or its an inside joke whys the ATP kit Ghetto as you say?
It's a joke between Adam and i. The ATP kit is not the greatest quality in the world. It's functions perfectly but isn't the prettiest kit in the world lol.