Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PerfBlue15's Daily driver Tarmac Spec Rally Theme Build Thread

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #181
I appreciate the support but I think I'm just gonna do Auxiliary fuel & guardian angel. Its gonna come in the spring...hopefully! Ill be following you also...if you have any suggestions on how to make the install or pitfalls hit me up! Good luck! [raceflag] & [cheerleader]
You cant go wrong with more fuel system then your goal requires.

In the coming weeks I'm gonna try to finally upgrade my pump and put this thing on full E85. I have some promising leads as to what pump to use.

Also I'll be shooting some youtube content tomorrow/monday with some more updates as to the story of the car. I may even have some upgrade content. I'm trying to have this thing ready for this years track season.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #182
I worked on the car a bit this weekend and finally got around to installing my [MENTION=235]koozy[/MENTION] spec DHM exhaust manifold heatshield.

And all hidden

I am beyond impressed by this piece of kit it's kind of sad it's a 1 of 2 made. I'll report back as I drive the car more, but I think this is going to help with a lot of this issues I've had with melted wires.

I also swapped out my cobb RMM for a CPE unit. Nothing was wrong with the cobb unit I just wanted more race car feels.

Otherwise, I'm still in the tuning process with JST, the car is making 370ish hp and happy. I should be pushing for 400+ hp soon.

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #184
Random update, my car was mid 2-3 pull when I heard a loud bang and this happened.

My car had been popping a code for the t-map sensor and going into limp mode under heavy boost intermittently. I'm pretty sure it happened when I was on it and the fuel backed up leaving it nowhere to go and the car had a back fire in the intake. Thus blowing up the weakest thing. The manifold. I'm still in the process of putting the car back together. I just wanted to share this.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Random update, my car was mid 2-3 pull when I heard a loud bang and this happened.

My car had been popping a code for the t-map sensor and going into limp mode under heavy boost intermittently. I'm pretty sure it happened when I was on it and the fuel backed up leaving it nowhere to go and the car had a back fire in the intake. Thus blowing up the weakest thing. The manifold. I'm still in the process of putting the car back together. I just wanted to share this.

F*$k man....Really! That is just Shit luck for you.....Christ...it makes me re-think Any type of Aux fuel and just doing the Puma speed injectors instead....as much as I like the added benefit of cleaning the valves....this may have solidified my Decision on both Aux fuel setups. Poo-poo man...I'm sorry for you! Wish I was closer I'd come drink a sixer with ya! Have you looked into manifolds yet? Keep us posted man!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

koozy

3000 Post Club
I remember that happening to a few DHM tuned cars who were pushing the envelope, but it occurred at redline beyond 7,500 rpms due to limitations of the access port IIRC at high redline in conjunction with auxfuel still spraying fuel.

Were you able to still drive and limp the car home?

TDavis

1000 Post Club
For the few times I've followed your build, it doesn't seem like you have much luck. Really fucking sucks, hope everything gets resolved for the better.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Sort of makes the case for those alloy intake manifolds (and yeah, I HAVE heard about heat soak) a few companies were displaying way back when, but then again, IF the backfire were bad enough, it would have blown a hole in those as well, or done it's damage to some other MUCH more co$tly/labor intensive 'fuse' in the system. [:(]

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #189
For the few times I've followed your build, it doesn't seem like you have much luck. Really fucking sucks, hope everything gets resolved for the better.
Haha I think this is my last straw. Expect a part out thread soon. Probably the biggest this community has seen.

I have the car running again already I'm just over it and dont trust it.

Part out?! Well that sucks! I’ve enjoy seeing this build over the years... but a local buy for a RS spoiler set up would be nice. Lol still hope you stick with the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Haha I think this is my last straw. Expect a part out thread soon. Probably the biggest this community has seen.

I have the car running again already I'm just over it and dont trust it.

Dont give up man....I dont want to see a pioneer go....get another manifold.....turn down the Hp/boost and enjoy your build for a while. I said the same thing about my Typhoon a while back after I lost the Transmission again and again and again...now that it's good now...I'm happy I didnt throw my hard work into the wind and let it go....I had it restored with paint and body work some years back and it's a 5 footer....still need to Iron some things out....but I usually Drive it every Thursday night to work for Typhoon Thursday I call it....But I am glad I kept it and didnt part it out and sell it. Do as you wish.....I think you should keep it....its a love hate thing for me!

Last edited:

koozy

3000 Post Club
Events like these can be very frustrating, but everyone I know who popped an intake manifold came back stronger and some set records. It seems like you're pretty close to completing your build once the tuning is sorted to all of the sudden walk away.

My thoughts are, don't do it. I know it's also hard and gives you a good reason when you're itching for a new project like the Mustang to move on.

You can't walk until you complete the build, have fun with it tracks, road courses, road trips and do Part Deux with an update on The Smoking Tire! [thumb]

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #194
Events like these can be very frustrating, but everyone I know who popped an intake manifold came back stronger and some set records. It seems like you're pretty close to completing your build once the tuning is sorted to all of the sudden walk away.

My thoughts are, don't do it. I know it's also hard and gives you a good reason when you're itching for a new project like the Mustang to move on.

You can't walk until you complete the build, have fun with it tracks, road courses, road trips and do Part Deux with an update on The Smoking Tire! [thumb]
Part out?! Well that sucks! I’ve enjoy seeing this build over the years... but a local buy for a RS spoiler set up would be nice. Lol still hope you stick with the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dont give up man....I dont want to see a pioneer go....get another manifold.....turn down the Hp/boost and enjoy your build for a while. I said the same thing about my Typhoon a while back after I lost the Transmission again and again and again...now that it's good now...I'm happy I didnt throw my hard work into the wind and let it go....I had it restored with paint and body work some years back and it's a 5 footer....still need to Iron some things out....but I usually Drive it every Thursday night to work for Typhoon Thursday I call it....But I am glad I kept it and didnt part it out and sell it. Do as you wish.....I think you should keep it....its a love hate thing for me!

I can honestly say I don’t want to see you give up. After all of what you’ve been through to give up now would not make sense. I think Koozy has it right!
I'm sorry to say it but I've just had it with forcing this car to do something it's not meant to do. I drove this yesterday,

And it made up my mind. Pending buyers for all the big stuff in my car I'm gonna part out and buy this performance pack mustang.

My mind may change but I'm pretty set in losing the fiesta.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I'm sorry to say it but I've just had it with forcing this car to do something it's not meant to do. I drove this yesterday,

And it made up my mind. Pending buyers for all the big stuff in my car I'm gonna part out and buy this performance pack mustang.

My mind may change but I'm pretty set in losing the fiesta.

So what was the source of all you problems? Does this mean 350-380whp isn't reliable on the FiST?

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #196
So what was the source of all you problems? Does this mean 350-380whp isn't reliable on the FiST?
Completely unreliable Imho. At 300 it was perfect, but when I started pushing 350+ it all went to shit. I still love the car. It's just like a girlfriend you're done with. I dont wanna deal with its shit anymore.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Completely unreliable Imho. At 300 it was perfect, but when I started pushing 350+ it all went to shit. I still love the car. It's just like a girlfriend you're done with. I dont wanna deal with its shit anymore.

Damn, I wonder if anyone else whos 350+ has had any constant issues.

jeff

2000 Post Club

I just want to say kudos to you for admitting this...I would not blame you for getting rid of the car. Move on man, you can't sustain that level of "Matt F loved it and I was on YouTube and it's gonna be faster and faster MOAR POWURRRRR!!" forever. Sell that thing and get something else, lesson learned. Sorry to see you go but you're making the right move.

Damn, I wonder if anyone else whos 350+ has had any constant issues.
Yeah look around, most of them have issues. I know of several high 300/low 400 cars right now, members here....poor Isaac with the HP record hasn't been running in 1.5 years....others can't get their tune to work with the hardware, the car has tons of power but won't run right...is it worth it? If you want more power buy a different car, the FiST wasn't made for this.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I just want to say kudos to you for admitting this...I would not blame you for getting rid of the car. Move on man, you can't sustain that level of "Matt F loved it and I was on YouTube and it's gonna be faster and faster MOAR POWURRRRR!!" forever. Sell that thing and get something else, lesson learned. Sorry to see you go but you're making the right move.

Yeah look around, most of them have issues. I know of several high 300/low 400 cars right now, members here....poor Isaac with the HP record hasn't been running in 1.5 years....others can't get their tune to work with the hardware, the car has tons of power but won't run right...is it worth it? If you want more power buy a different car, the FiST wasn't made for this.
Nah, I know I'll be happy with around 300whp. Just trying to get more advice/info before I get a turbo.

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #200
I'll just leave this here.

It's just a feeler. Once someone or multiple someone's buy the big stuff I'll tear it apart.