Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PerfBlue15's Daily driver Tarmac Spec Rally Theme Build Thread

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Okay so i finally decided to post a build thread on my car since i feel it has finally amassed enough mods to warrant a build thread.

week 1 I purchased the car in january 2015, Promptly after i discovered i melted 3 pistons on my then DD at the time 96 mustang GT Fondly known as the black Mamba.The car was a Rescue story for me, i purchased it with a bad motor from a customer that was sending it to the wreckers (in hind sight i should have let him)I had built then engine in the car from scratch i was a mark VIII aluminum teksid block with ported PI heads, Mild cams and full bolt ons. It made 300hp to the tires all day and was an awesome hoon mobile/DD. With the stock gears and a hurting automatic trans the car would go high 13's @106ish and hurt a lot of F bodies feelings from a roll. I still think if it had 4.10s and a decent tire it would have gone 12's. but like everything good this car too came to an end, as i was making a freeway pull vs one of said F bodies the engine startedd to break up, smoke and then she all out died. Long story short A bad batch of CA 91 gas melted 3 ring lands in my motor. Yay 91 octane and 11:1 compression.

Enter The Fiesta ST, AS i work full time and needed to get to work the next day(after discovering My DD was dead) I began search for a new daily driver. I had been watch the smoking tires review of the fiesta st and was interested in the car, so i made my way to the ford dealer found the least optioned out Fist they had in stock (I wanted Green Envy) and ended up in my Performance blue 2015 Ford Fiesta ST 1. Here are some pics from about a week after i got her, Right after the first time i washed her and decided i love this little car.Backwhen i swore she was gonna stay stock. (little did i know how bad the good ol mod bug would bite me again)

About a week after i did this phot shoot a deal on a used APV3 came up and the madness began. I swore up and down i would not mod this car and i would focus on my race car but as with every fiesta ST owner, the mod bug bit me hard locked its teeth into me and at that point i decided it was time to go stage 3 or go home. a week later my mishimoto J-line intercooler showed up. Being the DIY modder that i am i promptly started ripping the front end off my car and fabbed up mount for the inter cooler and had it back on the car running by then end of the day. While i was working on customers cars in between (i am a service advisor/ auto tech by trade) The gain from stage 2 was Minimal at best, and i was still hungry for more power.......
Initial install with no lower shield

After taking some time and trimming i re installed the lower bumper shield/intercooler air diverter

then the final step of cutting out the bars in the lower bumper and going for that exposed intercooler/race car look

My next step Was lowering the car which i set about doing with a set of Used H&R Springs that i got on this forum for a price i could not turn down

After that the 2jRacing intake was released, and i had to have one. IMHO it is the only true cold air for our cars on the market and it is the most reasonably priced intake on the market for our cars. So i pre ordered one, along with some DEI Alumnim heat wrap and matte, along with a K&N Dry shield for my filter. While i had the cowl open i fabbed up a boot from a mustang lower shift boot to seal the intake tube to the lower cowling and better issolated the intake air from then engine

After this i went on an appreance mod spree, Adding a Vinyl to the hood(thanks again D1JL) a Triple R front splitter that i picked up used and re-finished, i also painted the center of the front bumper black and i painted my rims black the car was finally getting noticed because it looked angry.
Some pics from mullholland DR with a good buddy of mine

After getting tons of repect on mullholland for A, the car looking amazing and B, the fact that it really moves in the twisties i set my eye back on the prize and went back to adding power mods, I purchased an ATP catless down pipe(from mod bargains, will not do again) and an MBRP cat back. I then finally installed my full exhaust and went Stage 3, and honestly the car was still slow to me. So i did what any car guy would do, i talked to sour skittle purchased Access Tuner Race and proceeded to write my own E40 tune with great results. Which leftly semi satisifed power wise but still wanting more.

(This is off a fairly recent log, after about a HUNDRED tune revisions. I know these are not real numbers but guides as to where i sit powerwise)

Sorry no pics of my exhaust as of yet, I will get some When i revisit my exhaust and convert it to a full 3 inch set up.

Since my car was finally on the level power wise i set about making it handle better, and purchase all of D1JL's old Chassis bracing, Which included: A pierce 4 point lower brace, TB performance front engine cradle brace, TB perfomance Mid Chassis/ Exhaust brace and Lastly a set of D1JL Custom lateral Chassis braces. In the first pic you can see the custom [MENTION=879]D1JL[/MENTION] fabrication lateral Chassis Braces which tie directly into a tb midship brace he modified as well.

And in this one you can see the pierce 4 point brace and tb k member brace

This left me extremely happy with the way the car handled and literally devoured corners, at this point i am done suspension wise expect from the possible addition of a true rear sway bar like the Eibach.

So as i stated in the title of the thread i have been going for a Tarmac Rally Car theme with my car, So i purchased a Fiesta RS spoiler from Maxton Design in the UK. The spoiler Was a TON of work to make fit right and i DO NOT RECCOMEND IT to the Average DIY modder.

I also took the liberty of shortning my antenna DIY style at the same time as it was hitting the spoiler. Appreance wise at this point im pretty much done sans a few things heres a few pics from Yesterdays D1JL Vinyl Emblem/Overlay install

That leaves us at today, As of now my only planned mods are;An Eibach Rear Sway bar, Matte black C stripes, XXR 521 rims or rota Grids, and an ATP 2863 GTX Kit. As this car is my DD my realistic goal once i go big turbo around September is to make a reliable 280-300whp and run high 12s all day on a Street tire.

Thanks for tuning in and keep checking for regualr updates. I will add more here and there for all the smaller mods i have done like my LED conversion, Subwoofer install, and whatever new mods pop up on the way.

I'm probably the the last person who saw your car "stock" (you dipped your wheels though). I sold you the AP. Congrats on the monster you built.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Liking your progress.

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Can I ask what your bad experience with ModBargains consisted of?
just a severe lack of comunications, no shipping info, with late delivery after calling 5 or 6 times to make sure i would make a track day and never getting a tracking number til a month after my parts arrived. I'm sure others have had better experiences, but that was my first and last dealing with them.

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I'm probably the the last person who saw your car "stock" (you dipped your wheels though). I sold you the AP. Congrats on the monster you built.
Haha i think you were the last person to see it stock. After i got home that night with the AP V3 it was all downhill from there. I ordered my intercooler that same night. As you said its a slippery slope, but luckily this car is a really fun break from my race car and grudge racing

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Jurrian at mod bargains seemed butt hurt when I brought up that his communication was sub-par. Good to see it's not just my abrasive attitude affecting things!

Car looks great - I do love black on blue.

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Op updated with chassis bracing pics

Also, after weeks of my exhaust leaking and rattling I found the culprit after some heavy abuse in the canyons of so cal today

I'm interested to see how mbrp handles this, but either way I'm going to convert my exhaust to a true 3 inch, and order this stuff.

I also took a few pics of the car before it broke.

Pete

I really like the look of the RS spoiler. How much work was involved in getting the right fit? Did you have to add more fiberglass, shave it down some? That way anyone else thinking of doing the same thing can kind of have an idea how much work is involved. :)

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
I really like the look of the RS spoiler. How much work was involved in getting the right fit? Did you have to add more fiberglass, shave it down some? That way anyone else thinking of doing the same thing can kind of have an idea how much work is involved. :)
It was just a lot of fitting cutting, the hatch of the car, cutting the base model spoiler that the RS spoiler bolts to, more fitting trimming and cutting, then the prep for paint. Honestly painting it was the easy part. [MENTION=879]D1JL[/MENTION] is preparing a write up on the spoiler install as he did a lot of the work mounting my RS spoiler to the base fiesta spoiler. It really is a cool looking part when it's all said in done. I almost feel like a ricer saying this but I swear it is semi functional and i feel it at high speed. (But that's probably all in my head)

I still plan to paint my spoiler like D1JL did his, with the base spoiler performance blue and the sides blue as well and the top center matte black. But that's not till I do some more Performance mods and other things higher on my priority list.

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
So my Summit Racing Stainless steel muffler (Magnaflow clone) showed up today along with the 4 inch tip I got for it and some piping/flanges to convert my exhaust to a true 3 inch with a muffler at the back. I have a feeling this is going to look great and be unique to my car! Also I get the benefit of going to a true 3 inch exhaust for when I go big turbo/ possible cyborg

Siestarider

Cool build. Love to know how you like the muffed MBRP, I am thinking of putting mine back on with hope drone is reduced with a similar approach.

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
Update, I added another photo of my chassis bracing to the op, and today with the help of Chris from CMBuildz racing we installed my Summit Racing muffler, 4 inch tip and deleted the MBRP resonator from my exhaust. Overall I'm more then impressed with the look and sound. It is much quieter then the MBRP cat back was but it's a much better tone expect some video soon. I'm also happy to have anything with an MBRP logo off my car after that muffler failure I just can't trust their products on my daily driver.

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
I like that a lot. The single tip looks better than dual if you ask me.
Thank you I've never been a fan of the dual tip look so when my resonator broke I decided it was time to make the exhaust what I want it to be lol
Thank you sir.

The only real downfall to this set up is its really quiet. Expect a exhaust clip today