Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PerfBlue15's Daily driver Tarmac Spec Rally Theme Build Thread

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I purchased the 1.6 component kit from mountune for $1,000 and short block from ford for $750. I then paid Jimm gurbb Motorsports $450 to gap the rings and install the forged pistons in the block for me. (I just didn't have time to do it) I then did the rest of the engine assembly and transferring of parts from there.
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ah...I see...got ya!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

koozy

3000 Post Club
Why not get a long or short block from Copart?

Your new short block had internals or was it just the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #163
Why not get a long or short block from Copart?

Your new short block had internals or was it just the case?

It was a block with the rods pistons and crank. I wanted a new crank and block. So I didn't have down time at a machine shop. After all I had been through I was not going to settle on not having a forged motor. I found this to be the cheapest and quickest route. My job at the time in Santa Clarita was closing. I had a new job pending in temecula but had to get my car reliable again.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Okay, I get that you wanted forged internals, just didn’t understand why new as opposed to used if it had to be gutted anyways. But new crank and no machining.

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #165
Okay, I get that you wanted forged internals, just didn’t understand why new as opposed to used if it had to be gutted anyways. But new crank and no machining.

Yeah I just needed a functional car as quick as possible and I know how machine shops take forever to do anything lol.

I Updated the big post with all the photos I could find from the build from hell. It was a really painful part of my life. a lot of what i had got deleted.

koozy

3000 Post Club
you got an updated parts list break down somewhere? I recall you had a Mishi Rad and Oil cooler, still running those? got a colder thermostat?

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #167
you got an updated parts list break down somewhere? I recall you had a Mishi Rad and Oil cooler, still running those? got a colder thermostat?
You know I really haven't given a break down of everything on my car in a long time.

So here goes,

Performance mods:
Mountune Internal kit, and oil control, ARP head studs, DHM 360R Gen 2 turbo kit, race intercooler and sound symposer delete, CPE cold air Intake, Stratified port auxiliary fuel(Bigger bigfer injector option)and Guardian angel v3, Mishimoto oil cooler and radiator, Radium catch can, cobb access port V3, Whoosh silicone boost hoses, Turbo smart Vee port pro bov and boost reference adapter, Tial MVS EWG, [MENTION=235]koozy[/MENTION] spec turbo oil drain and turbo heat shield, bosch 3.5 bar T-map sensor, Vibrant high temp silicone vacuum hose, 3 inch custom exhaust with summit straight though muffler and 4 inch tip built by @CMbuildzracing
Custom tuning done by JST for CA 91 and E50 (until a there's a LPFP ugrade then I will go E85)

Drivetrain mods:
CPE rear motor mount, TTR engine and transmission mounts, whoosh transmission cable bushings, Spec aluminium flywheel

Chassis /suspenion mods:
Bilstein B18 coil overs, Pierce strut tower brace, and 4 point chassis brace, Autopower 4 point roll bar, TB subframe brace, tunnel brace and non production mid chassis braces

Interior upgrades:
Ortiz pillar gauge pod, Hoonigan Autometet Boost, Oil pressure and water temp gauges, Innovate ethanol content gauge, ATI vent gauge pod, full Recaro interior swap, full led lighting swap with Phillips bulbs, Billetwerkz shift knob, 600wRms amp and DVC subwoofer (I forget which brand)

Exterior/lighting:
Euro headlights with DRL wiring, yellow fog lamp bulbs, mountune front splitter, Maxxton fiesta RS wing, Track spec motorsports hood vents, Shark fin antenna cover, Ventilated bottom side of wiper cowl for engine cooling.

Braking/Wheels and tires:
TDR Pro race 1.2 15x8 wheels, 225/45R15 Toyo R1R tires, Mountune Street brake pads and stainless steel lines, ARP extended wheel studs, Muteki open end lug nuts

That's everything I can come up with at this point. I may have missed a thing or two. Everything except assembling the short block was done by me. I built this car entirely myself with the help of some of my friends and family.

The only things I want for the car at this point are: to make my seat heaters work and to get a new LPFP that can handle full E85. The current pump option really doesn't fit well enough for me or the vendor that used to list it for sale to trust it. Otherwise I'm done, I may change up the BOV or something but I want to enjoy my build at this point. I plan to take it on cross country rallies and to many tack days.

koozy

3000 Post Club
wait, so you maxed out the upgraded Bosch 3.5 bar(45psi) T-map sensor, which is why you went with the Guardian Angel? I thought you maxed out the stock OE T-map sensor and got the G. Angel instead of getting the 3.5 tmap sensor.

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #169
wait, so you maxed out the upgraded Bosch 3.5 bar(45psi) T-map sensor, which is why you went with the Guardian Angel? I thought you maxed out the stock OE T-map sensor and got the G. Angel instead of getting the 3.5 tmap sensor.
I maxed out the manifold sensor. When I explained my power goal of 400whp to Brian@JST. He wanted me to upgrade the manifold sensor as well as the T-map. He told me it helps make for better drivability. He said something about it helping the computers part throttle and full throttle calculations.

I loved my deadhook tune, but the drivability always left something to be desired. JST so far has been perfect. So, if he says upgrade something I do it lol [emoji12]

If only I could find a fuel pump. Then I could be done messing with all this stuff lol

koozy

3000 Post Club
I had a bit of a fiasco with Spec clutches not fitting at all. They then got me a disc that fit but, it made a noise like a rod knock with my clutch pedal let out. I have since Installed an OEM clutch and ended that nightmare as well. (another $400.00 lesson about vendors and manufacturers, and a clutch disc in the trash). We are aiming for around 400whp in the coming weeks, at which point I am done with modding this car. I plan to take some epic road trips and enjoy this car that i have gone through hell to have.
The OE clutch made by AP Racing is very stout all things considered.

I will mostly go with stock again or the ST200 upgraded OE clutch kit also made by AP Racing.

Hard to go wrong with OE quality. I got no time for silly games.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

I will mostly go with stock again or the ST200 upgraded OE clutch kit also made by AP Racing.

AGREED! [thumb]

More so because Spec has a HORRIFIC rep, even going back to my LSx Z28 days of yore. :(

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #175

Yeah the stock clutch with a lightweight flywheel feels amazing. I had heard from a friend the disc was made by ap racing. That's why I wasn't afraid to go back to a stock clutch. If this doesnt hold I think that upgraded ST200 clutch will be my next step as well.
AGREED! [thumb]

More so because Spec has a HORRIFIC rep, even going back to my LSx Z28 days of yore. :(
Yeah their customer service was horrible. They called me a liar and then made me take my car down 2 weeks to prove they sent they wrong disc and for them to get me a correct one.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
So that was you on TheSmokingTire. I thought your voice sounded familiar on the Guardian Angel video. I guess you decided to ditch the 2j intake? How fun was the car with 330whp?

Also, you're still having heat problems even with the Mishi rad?

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #177
So that was you on TheSmokingTire. I thought your voice sounded familiar on the Guardian Angel video. I guess you decided to ditch the 2j intake? How fun was the car with 330whp?

Also, you're still having heat problems even with the Mishi rad?
I ditched the 2j when I got the 2860 Gen 2. I am happy to be rid of that thing and the GT2 turbo noises. It was fun @320-330whp but I wanted more. I honestly think my car was the most fun to drive at that power level.

I do have heat issues in my engine bay, my exhaust manifold has been cooking a lot of wires on the back side of my engine. I've had to replace 3 pigtails because of it. In the coming weeks I'm gonna make a video of all the measures I'm taking to solve the issues. Including the wiper cowl I cut up to let air out of the engine bay.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I ditched the 2j when I got the 2860 Gen 2. I am happy to be rid of that thing and the GT2 turbo noises. It was fun @320-330whp but I wanted more. I honestly think my car was the most fun to drive at that power level.

I do have heat issues in my engine bay, my exhaust manifold has been cooking a lot of wires on the back side of my engine. I've had to replace 3 pigtails because of it. In the coming weeks I'm gonna make a video of all the measures I'm taking to solve the issues. Including the wiper cowl I cut up to let air out of the engine bay.

This is the number I wanna shoot for with Auxiliary fuel....and be done with the FiST modding....step back into SyTy world and take the engine out and start a re-fresh!

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #179
This is the number I wanna shoot for with Auxiliary fuel....and be done with the FiST modding....step back into SyTy world and take the engine out and start a re-fresh!

You can do it safely with wmi and the stock fuel system as well. Though I do recommend aux fuel so you have more room to grow.

I told myself long ago I was done with the FiST yet I keep getting sucked back down the rabbit hole. I just wanna build a bad ass 347 powered SN95 mustang already lol.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You can do.it safely with wmi and the stock fuel system as well. Though I do recommend aux fuel so you have more room to grow.

I told myself long ago I was done with the FiST yet I keep getting sucked back down the rabbit hole. I just wanna build a bad ass 347 powered SN95 mustang already lol.

I appreciate the support but I think I'm just gonna do Auxiliary fuel & guardian angel. Its gonna come in the spring...hopefully! Ill be following you also...if you have any suggestions on how to make the install or pitfalls hit me up! Good luck! [raceflag] & [cheerleader]