Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Alignment settings

C. love

I found no results for this using the search function. I know this has to have been discussed; or maybe not.

Time for an alignment and being as I have very little done suspension wise (lowering springs and a rear
bar) I assume like so many cars nearly stock cars Im limited to some camber and of course toe. So on to the question what settings are optimal in my narrow settings range.

What are people using for their settings and just as important what are you doing with your car (street, auto-x, road race).

dyn085

2000 Post Club
The only setting I would be concerned with is toe, and I would set it to zero. Assuming you use the car mostly for a daily driver, this will give you added longevity to your tires. I don't think you have adjustment anywhere else without added work/parts.

OP
C

C. love

Thread Starter #3
usually you can squeeze a tinge more camber out especially after lowering. As far as what I do 90% daily 7% canyon driving and 3% autocross/drift car chase vehicle lol.

I am interested in what auto-x and road course guys do. Especially on the toe settings. I wont say tire wear isnt high on my list but heck they last 1.5 years anyway a small amount of toe wont kill them much quicker

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I know these are posted somewhere on this forum.
Anyway here they are again.

AlignSpec

Dave

I do 1.5? camber and 1/8" toe in up front. I daily my car with about 5-6 track sessions a year.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Generally a slight bit of toe out will help a car turn in better on track, with some toe plates and two tape measures it can be set for track, autocross, street, back and forth in just a few minutes. A bit of toe in helps keep the car from wandering for normal driving, 1/16th may be plenty.

If you have a camber gauge or even using a level and some DIY tricks you can change to more camber for events and back to a more street friendly setup by marking where you want the track and street camber and quickly set it if you have the right adjustment parts installed.

Changing the camber always changes the toe and you can mark the tie rod threads to get it really close and just fine tune it.

I have done this more times than I can remember and have had it down to just a few minutes.

Another level was adjusting ride height for events as well, again pre marking the parts, takes a bit more time but with coilovers pretty easy, better if they are height adjustable without changing the preload but can take a bit longer.