Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

E46 M3 V.S. Ford Fiesta ST

Good morning,

I found a nice little comparo video this morning. The two cars are worth about $25000, one is new and one is used.

Enjoy

[video=youtube;Gbcj-zE7gBw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbcj-zE7gBw[/video]

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Sad thing is in a few years the Bimmer will still cost $20k and our cars will be in the $16k range lol.

I don't understand what he was talking about, when he said the FiST had a lot of torque steer. I've never noticed any, and I'm pretty frequent about accelerating hard. Hate to see his reaction to driving a MS3. That thing would snatch the steering wheel out of your hands. Almost wrecked my old one on the test drive! :)

I don't understand what he was talking about, when he said the FiST had a lot of torque steer. I've never noticed any, and I'm pretty frequent about accelerating hard.
I've noticed some torque steer when accelerating hard and the steering wheel is turned slightly. Not so much with the wheels pointed straight ahead.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
hehe I posted this same video yesterday. There is a little bit of torque steer for me on hard shift from first to second.

OP
F
Thread Starter #6
Personally, I notice the torque steer when you put the car in sport mode or t/c off. In normal mode, I don't feel any.

MK, I agree that our cars will be worth less in 5 year than an M3. However, if Ford plays their card right and don't produce too many of them, the value will stay up. Also, the reason why we are so lucky to get this beast on this side of the planet, is because of Mullaly ''One ford'' plan. If he retires this year, who knows if we will get another generation of ST's.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents about it.

Also, we made the ''future classic'' list from Hagerty. http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/07/hagerty-2014-hot-list-future-classic-cars/

Any one planning to keep their cars 25+ years? :p

I'm going to try and keep it that long. I'm keeping mine stock and not going crazy with the mods, so that should help. Although the way I drive it I'm not sure it'll last that long :p

Perry

The question might not be whether I keep the car 25+ years, but whether I'm still kicking that far down the road. At the moment, though, my plan is to have fun driving this thing and treat it like a treasure, with few (maybe no?) mods. My favorite classics are always those that are close to, if not pure, straight stock.