Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dr.Prutteklutt's Clubsport FiST

So I've been wondering...what are your times like for the Nordschleife? I've only been once so far and it was my first time on any track. I managed a 10:22 but I saw HUGE room for improvement so I was wondering if you dipped into the 8s?

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #104
I dont take Times anymore because i push myself to beat the Time every Lap and I dont want to crash, and this is what happens when you push to hard.
The last one I take the Time was 8:45 and that was over a Year ago with less Modifications :)
I drive for having Fun and the Time is not important for me, slow laps in the Rain are the most Fun and its perfect to practise your driving.
Are You at the Ring on the Weekend? We could met if You want.

XuperXero

Did you find a way to make your windshield washer fluid bottle fit in? I want to do the brake ducting mod too...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Roughly how long does it take to install that part?

The whole turbo does not have to come off of the manifold to do this, correct?

That pretty 'bit o' kit' is most definitely on my very short list of boost related mods for this car's first year of life, along with a CP-E IC. [wink] [biggrin]

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #110
^^^Roughly how long does it take to install that part?
I did it today in about 20min.
Jacked the car up on the Right Side and take the Wheel of.
A 1/4 Rachet with 2 long extensions and a universal joint with 5 Inbus and you have to not laying under the Car.
You can do it though the Wheel housing [wrenchin]

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #112
After I test drove the new Valve yesterday, I dismounted it and did a little check today.
I reoiled the Piston and the two O-Rings and assambled it now with Loctite on the Screws.
I am happy with it and it seems like the Boost loading is now faster. The Sound is also a bit different.
I did some Pictures too :)

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #113
Because of my seasonal licence Plate from first of April till end of October, the ST stands still since Tuesday this Week :/
But now the Start of the Stage 2 Build has began.
I deleted the Stock Downpipe in the Garage in about two and a half ours with the Car only lifted on the Driver side.
I was astonished about the three Turbo to Downpipe Bolts that became lose very easy with a bit of WD40.
Had to bend the Manifold Headshield a bit to remove it, maybe i will order a new one because i want to refit it.

Next Week i want to install the HJS Downpipe. I got three new Turbo to Downpipe Bolts and a new Gasket.

I also got a Mishimoto Catch Can with the V2 Bracket. I drilled a third Hole with a M4 Thread and bolted it with Stainless Steel Bolts, Stainless Steel Hose nozzles are ordered too.

The Stage 2 ECU Flasher from Peron will come next Year.
The rear Windshield Wiper with Motor is removed. I painted the Head of a M8 Coach Bolt and tightened it from the inside against the Rubber.

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #114
I installed the Downpipe yesterday.
I wraped the Pipe with Heat Protect Wrap and put the Exhaust Manifold Headshield back on.

Next Step is too weld a bigger 70mm Flange on the Injen Exhaust to fit the Downpipe Flange.

I did it today in about 20min.
Jacked the car up on the Right Side and take the Wheel of.
A 1/4 Rachet with 2 long extensions and a universal joint with 5 Inbus and you have to not laying under the Car.
You can do it though the Wheel housing [wrenchin]
Is that drivers side or passenger side? I got one on the way too.

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #117
The Mishimoto Catch Can i bought had a worn out Plate inside because it was mounted with the V1 Bracket on the Engine Mount befor.
I bought The Can only, without Hoses and stuff. The Can itself is new cause the Owner befor taked the new Plate inside for his already installed Catch Can to replace the worn Plate.
So there was this new Can with a worn Plate for a very good friendly Price.
The needed Material like Hoses and Nozzles are already here so i will install the Catch Can in the next Week.
Now with the V2 Bracket the vibration Problem is solved but i needed a new Plate, so i made one myself.