Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dr.Prutteklutt's Clubsport FiST

Just noticed your rear diffuser; is it black? Did it come that way or did you paint it?

On my Oxford White US version it is body coloured; I like the contrast with the black rear valance in between it and the bumper cover!
It was originally white. First post shows white then somewhere along the way he painted it

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #163
The Original White Diffuser was burned down because the Stock Exhaust was hitting it on the Track.
Ordered a new prepainted one from Ford and gave it to a Car Painter.
I wanted Matte Black and i am happy with it how it looks.

Why did you change to custom coolant hose?
What do You mean exactly? the Custom Coolant Hose i made because of the Catch Can?

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #166
The Stock Coolant Line would hit the Catch Can Hoses so i modified that.
This Catch Can Setup is not to buy anywhere, its Custom made.
Only the Catch Can and the Bracket are from Mishimoto, the whole Tubing and the Fittings are Custom.

RooT

I've just read through your whole topic, wow. I love how you custom fabricate most of your mods!
We should meet at the Nurburgring sometime.

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #172
Rear Engine Mount has a Black Powerflex Bushing so there was a Vibration in the Idle anyway, but its a bit more now and my Headshilds under the Car are vibrating now when i start to drive in 1st Gear.
I will fix that on a Lift these Days but when your driving there is now Problem,but you can feel that the Engine is completely stiff now, i want to Upgrade the Transmission Mount in the Winter to. Maybe its too much for a Daily Driver.

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #173
How much more noticeable is the idle, and 1st gear launch 'rumble' with that bushing?
Rear Engine Mount has a Black Powerflex Bushing so there was a Vibration in the Idle anyway, but its a bit more now and my Headshilds under the Car are vibrating now when i start to drive in 1st Gear.
I will fix that on a Lift these Days but when your driving there is now Problem,but you can feel that the Engine is completely stiff now, i want to Upgrade the Transmission Mount in the Winter to. Maybe its too much for a Daily Driver.

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #176
Today i changed the Tappet Assy under the High Pressure Fuel Pump to a new one.
Its a common Problem with a ECU Tune and higher Fuel Pressure that these ones can be damage the Camshaft if they are not in good Condition.
Mine was fine but for the little Price of a new one i changed it [wrenchin] safety first.

You can see the Camshaft after i pulled the Tappet Assy

With the new one installed

The High Pressure Fuel Pump

The Used One, its in good Condition

The New One

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #177
Now as the Car is unregistered over the Winter till April 2018, its time for Maintenance and new Parts.
So today this arrived [like]
When the Adapters for the Battery Terminal arrive i will start to mount it to the Car and make a Spacer for the free Place.
This Battery is around the half of the Weight of the Stock Battery, i ordered the one with the Metal Jacket for Heat Resistance.

Also ordered a KW V3 Suspension and i want to change the Front Suspension Bushings to Powerflex Black ones aswell.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
A lot (most??) of the states here require a current registration (and in some states, even a current/valid INSPECTION sticker) for the car to be even parked on the street, and most insurance companies require a current/valid registration in order to keep even comprehensive coverage on the car, as well as in most states which require insurance, the DMV will cancel your registration if you do not keep current, continuous minimally mandated insurance on the vehicle.

You are lucky that your country allows you to do this.

I will eventually go with either one of the Odyssey, or Dyna Bat/Braille type light batteries, or one of the even lighter yet, (but co$tly) lithium setups. [thumb]

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #179
With my Type of Registration, the Car is still covered for Theft and Damages like Hail or something like this.
You only have to park the Car in a Garage or on a Private Property wich is completely fenced. You dont have to Pay for that.
I only Pay the Month i drive with the Car from April to October, and you have to Pay the Taxes also only for that Time.
So You Can work on the Car when you dont use it, its covered and you save Money, thats why i do it like this :)

So the Adapters came in yesterday and i connceted the Battery to the Car.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
NICE! [thumb]

IF you ever start the car in the cold with that Odyssey, please let us know how well it cranks after sitting a while.
Do you have the dedicated Odyssey/Schumacher charger for it?
Which weight oil do you leave in the sump for the winter storage period?