Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dr.Prutteklutt's Clubsport FiST

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I know that you 'ring' it's neck on the 'Ring quite often, but that weight 300V is some VERY viscous stuff, and it is not exactly southern Texas where you drive, climate-wise.

Is there a given reason why you use it instead of their 5W-30, or even 0W-40 Trophy? (ALL of the 300Vs are supposedly all but shear-proof! ;) )

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #224
I know that you 'ring' it's neck on the 'Ring quite often, but that weight 300V is some VERY viscous stuff, and it is not exactly southern Texas where you drive, climate-wise.

Is there a given reason why you use it instead of their 5W-30, or even 0W-40 Trophy? (ALL of the 300Vs are supposedly all but shear-proof! ;) )
I used their Eco-Nergy 5w30 for a long Time now and its a great Oil, but i had Temp Issues in the Summer with Temps like 130°C and this is Dangerous!
At this Temperatures the 5w30 is like Water in the Engine and the Pressure sinks also. We have no Issues here with Overheating Coolant (I never every heard of one in the entire EU) but with Oil Temps when the car is modified, its strange.
I also saw that when i hit these Temperatures on the Track, the Engine starts to use a bit Oil. On the road my Engine takes no Oil at all.
I talked to a Motul Technican last Year and he recommended the 300V 5w30 when the Warranty is gone. The 5w40 should not be a Problem.
I do a Oil Change every Season wich is around 10k km anyway, the Technican recommended that also.
This Oil should be very Shear Proof [dunno]

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
I would probably go with 5-40 on track as well.

When I in the good ole Deutschland I ran 5-30 in my e36 and after one lap of the ring I had lifters that thought they were in a percussion band.