Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Swift Spec-R Springs Installed

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That wide and you're not rubbing at all?
It's less the width of the wheel, and much more the 24.3" overall diameter/height of those 205/45s that amazes me as to how they do not rub with a (supposedly) 1 full inch lowering spring. [???:)]

Maybe their (significantly higher than factory and most other lowering springs') high linear rate keeps them from letting the body roll/dive enough to rub? [dunno]

Last edited:
For you guys that already have your swift springs on, are you still able to drive onto a set of Rhino Ramps without issues?

For you guys that already have your swift springs on, are you still able to drive onto a set of Rhino Ramps without issues?
I am able to as long as I am not sloping downhill onto them when they are on a level surface, I.E. my driveway into the garage.
As long as I'm level, it's fine

So I learned about Swift springs, read the how and why and was sold. They're for performance. They lower only as much as benefits a lower CG but without impacting suspension geometry. They only use linear spring rates so you always know your rate. No guessing from progressive rates. They dyno the stock dampers and match the spring rates to those.

I installed my springs at a friend's house on Friday and the improvement was felt immediately. The drop seems to be about 1" or maybe a hair more. I didn't measure because I didn't care.

On the road small bumps feel less bouncy. Body roll is almost completely gone (I do have a TB Performance rear torsion bar). Ultimate grip is way up and the car is now tail happy again. (It lost some of that with the stock springs and the addition of the TB Torsion bar).

This morning I had a great blast through twisty roads with a Cayman S, Mitsu Ralliart and 3 modified Focus STs. The car performed flawlessly. My custom (built by myself and Boostbumps) e20 tune was rock solid with +6 corrections all around and the suspension was on point.

I love it.

Photos:

I love the result, I recently installed the same springs on my fiesta st but it hardly lowered my car at all. They have been on for 2 weeks now, and dont get me wrong the performance feels amazing, right now I'm running the seifts with bilstien struts, and DNA racing bars for the front and rear, she handles like a dream! However the front only dropped like a quarter inch and the rear didnt drop at all. Did you have the same issue? Maybe the springs need some time to settle in?

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I love the result, I recently installed the same springs on my fiesta st but it hardly lowered my car at all. They have been on for 2 weeks now, and dont get me wrong the performance feels amazing, right now I'm running the seifts with bilstien struts, and DNA racing bars for the front and rear, she handles like a dream! However the front only dropped like a quarter inch and the rear didnt drop at all. Did you have the same issue? Maybe the springs need some time to settle in?
The drop is subtle but you should definitely have a drop in the rear. I changed my rears out first and while it wasn't that noticeable to the eye, as soon as I sat in the driver's seat, it felt like it was tilted backwards.

Got mine in over the weekend. Quite happy with the turn out. Not sure why I didn’t take any pics of the fronts installed. I didn’t measure yet to record the actual drop. I did take measurements before so I have the data to compare to. Then got it aligned this morning at Marlo’s Frame and Alignment. If SoCal peeps are near the San Fernando I highly recommend him. He’s a Ford guy and knows his stuff. His rack is all old school analog too.

Attachments

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Got mine in over the weekend. Quite happy with the turn out. Not sure why I didn’t take any pics of the fronts installed. I didn’t measure yet to record the actual drop. I did take measurements before so I have the data to compare to. Then got it aligned this morning at Marlo’s Frame and Alignment. If SoCal peeps are near the San Fernando I highly recommend him. He’s a Ford guy and knows his stuff. His rack is all old school analog too.
PLEASE post up the actual measured drop whenever you get the chance. [wink]
Still on factory dampers?

THANKS in advance. [thumb]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, stock 8900 mile dampers.

And when I do need new ones I think I'm gonna go Koni. Don't want any of that pressurized car-lifting nonsense.
That 'car lifting nonsense' is EXACTLY what I need, so yeah, I wish someone would post up the same measurements which you did, for a B6/Swift setup, after any 'settling'. [wink]

I love the result, I recently installed the same springs on my fiesta st but it hardly lowered my car at all.... right now I'm running the swifts with bilstein struts....the front only dropped like a quarter inch and the rear didnt drop at all.... Maybe the springs need some time to settle in?
Nope, it's the Bilsteins, pressure in these is high enough acts as gas "spring." I did the install with both stock struts and B8s. Stock gave the advertised level drop of 1 inch at both ends. Bilsteins lowered approx. half of that with the rear very slightly higher.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Nope, it's the Bilsteins, pressure in these is high enough acts as gas "spring." I did the install with both stock struts and B8s. Stock gave the advertised level drop of 1 inch at both ends. Bilsteins lowered approx. half of that with the rear very slightly higher.
THANK YOU for that info! [twothumb]

Now you have me wondering if the B6es with the Swifts would gain me even a slight bit more ride height than that, or not. [dunno]

Business6

THANK YOU for that info! [twothumb]

Now you have me wondering if the B6es with the Swifts would gain me even a slight bit more ride height than that, or not. [dunno]
That's the real question.

I still haven't done suspension work because it's such a pain in the ass dealing with my condo's entrance, and it has only one, where it crowns so much I can tripod and scrape even at low speed.

Now we're about to close on a house and the driveway apron isn't nearly as dramatic but still scrapes even with my higher-riding snow tires on. Even my wife's Elantra GT is at risk of scraping.

At least I can contact the city now and ask what will or won't net me a fine if I install some metal plates or rubber chocks to ease that transition. Hopefully it's something simple as I'd love to do the swifts and bilsteins for a minimal drop.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, I am looking for ~0.25" drop AT MOST, as that I could 'live with' to gain the higher linear rate of the Swifts, along with the better damping of the B6es, and still clear my 24.1" tall winter/rally worker wheel setup, and possibly even my 225/45-16 A052s on the Dekas, without worrying about/bothering with custom, one-off, coil overs.

While not tearing the bottom of the car off on rough rally stage roads when working on those events. [wink]