Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Swift Spec-R Springs Installed

Do the eibachs have less of a drop than the swifts? Im looking for a spring with the least amount of drop. I have 17x8 rota grids like iso100 with 215/40/17 federals and I do not want to rub lowered at all.

LILIKE16ST

Do the eibachs have less of a drop than the swifts? Im looking for a spring with the least amount of drop. I have 17x8 rota grids like iso100 with 215/40/17 federals and I do not want to rub lowered at all.
The ride may be better under normal driving with the eibach because they're progressive rate but the predictability and turn in of the linear rate swifts are what make me want to go with them. I think drop is fairly even between the two despite what the advertised drop is on them. Don't go with the eibach just because you think it won't rub in comparison to the swift spec r because they're probably very very close in overall drop. I would make your choice based on which you like best overall for yourself as I don't think you should experience much if any rub with either. Don't be scared off by these people saying they have slight rub at full lock. That's only going to happen at slow speeds normally in parking lots or on u turns or something you won't notice this when sprited driving. Plenty of people running your size with these springs no issues. Good luck

My car has 3500 miles on it. Am I good to just throw some swift springs on it and get an alignment, or do I need to get brand new struts to pair them with?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
My car has 3500 miles on it. Am I good to just throw some swift springs on it and get an alignment, or do I need to get brand new struts to pair them with?
add Swifts, stock shocks and struts and love your car
best springs for the Fiesta ST hands down
There are other good options out there

But I sell 8-10 sets of these to every 1 set of Eibach, H&R, ST, etc spring set....
Everyone raves about these once installed

So I should still buy new shocks and struts along with the springs? I was hoping to just be able to get the springs.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
So I should still buy new shocks and struts along with the springs? I was hoping to just be able to get the springs.
I'm very sorry for not being more clear
you do not need to buy new shocks and struts

Just add Swift Spec-R and you're good!
[driving]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Swift actually BUILT these springs around the valving of the factory dampers, so in essence they are MORE suited to stock dampers then they are to any aftermarket ones. [:)] [thumb]

(One of the reasons I want adjustable Koni Sport dampers to pair with them, IF I don't go the GC coil over conversion route. [wink])

I read that about them as well, I was just hoping my car had low enough miles on it that I didnt need to pair them with brand new shocks and struts

Question to you Ron, or anyone else who wants to add, I have these Swift Spec R springs & though my car is fairly new(1050miles), I want to eventually upgrade to 205/45/17 tires. Does anyone have Swift springs with the 45 series setup? Do you rub? Like, at all? Thanks in advance for the info.Here's what my car looks like dropped(pic below) and stock(pic above).

Attachments

Question to you Ron, or anyone else who wants to add, I have these Swift Spec R springs & though my car is fairly new(1050miles), I want to eventually upgrade to 205/45/17 tires. Does anyone have Swift springs with the 45 series setup? Do you rub? Like, at all? Thanks in advance for the info.
i run a 215/45/17 for my race wheels and they rub like crazy, and even sitting still they rub on hard turns, they are 24.6in tall, im going back down to a 23.8in tall tire. the spec r's are great but are too low for that tall of a tire

Question to you Ron, or anyone else who wants to add, I have these Swift Spec R springs & though my car is fairly new(1050miles), I want to eventually upgrade to 205/45/17 tires. Does anyone have Swift springs with the 45 series setup? Do you rub? Like, at all? Thanks in advance for the info.Here's what my car looks like dropped(pic below) and stock(pic above).
I run B8 / swift combo with 205/45/16’s and there’s no rub but 17’s might be to close for comfort

neeqness

1000 Post Club
It also may depend on which tire you use whether you will rub, because tires may vary in actual measurements a bit even when they are the same size.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

Oh but you went taller and wider. I just want to go taller
It depends on the width and offset also. On stock wheels you may be ok whereas if you were to run 8 inch width and 40 mm offset it may rub the fender more with that size. On stock wheels you may be ok but I can't guarantee it not having any personal experience with this setup. I do know 215/45/17 is a little taller than a 205/45/17 and it's obviously wider too within the same tire (all tires vary even within the same manufacturer) so it would be best to look into the particular tire spec that you plan on running.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
It depends on the width and offset also. On stock wheels you may be ok whereas if you were to run 8 inch width and 40 mm offset it may rub the fender more with that size. On stock wheels you may be ok but I can't guarantee it not having any personal experience with this setup. I do know 215/45/17 is a little taller than a 205/45/17 and it's obviously wider too within the same tire (all tires vary even within the same manufacturer) so it would be best to look into the particular tire spec that you plan on running.
+1

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I'm very sorry for not being more clear
you do not need to buy new shocks and struts

Just add Swift Spec-R and you're good!
[driving]
Would this be the same for 2017 cars? I've read that there was a 30% reduction in damping and spring rates for the late 2016-2017 cars. Since Swift specifically matched these to the stock shocks on the earlier(stiffer) models should I assume that my best bet would be to get some B6 or B8 shocks to go with these springs on my 2017?