Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Swift Spec-R Springs Installed

its not bad at all, they do feel stiffer than stock but it took alot of the "sharpness" out of bumps on the road, also the car does corner noticeably flatter and cornering grip seems higher, even with my weak all seasons on the car

LILIKE16ST

its not bad at all, they do feel stiffer than stock but it took alot of the "sharpness" out of bumps on the road, also the car does corner noticeably flatter and cornering grip seems higher, even with my weak all seasons on the car
This is the kind of reviews I like hearing...man I cannot wait to get these on the car...just waiting a few weeks till warmer weather moves in so I can do this at the same time I swap my summer 15x8 pro race 1.2s. Back on the car. Should make a great combo :)

Youll like them, like i said the car is stiffer but its not what i would call uncomfortable. The main upside is the car does feel more planted and cornering grip feels higher. Obviously if you still hit a pothole its going to be a little bit rough but the trade off is worth it! Also the car looks so much better with them on! The drop is about perfect for this car, i would have to say wheels with a different offset (stock ones look like they tuck in a bit much) would complete the look and if the wheels are lighter the gain is that much better!

LILIKE16ST

Youll like them, like i said the car is stiffer but its not what i would call uncomfortable. The main upside is the car does feel more planted and cornering grip feels higher. Obviously if you still hit a pothole its going to be a little bit rough but the trade off is worth it! Also the car looks so much better with them on! The drop is about perfect for this car, i would have to say wheels with a different offset (stock ones look like they tuck in a bit much) would complete the look and if the wheels are lighter the gain is that much better!
Yes these wheels are 8 inch wide and +35 so they def are much more aggressive than stock as far as offset (the outside part of the wheel is about an inch more outward so it's similar to having stock wheels with 1 inch spacers to give you an idea) it looks really good and with these springs it's gonna look that much better I'm pumped.

Any pictures of your car after you installed them?

I installed mine 2 weekends ago. The ride does definitely feel a bit more solid. They don't have that recoil feel of the stocks. The drop is quite noticeable though. Really happy with these, haven't been able to hit the canyons yet because of tires but awesome.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Anyone on swifts with 15x8s that tracks or autocross? Just wondering if have any rub. I had swifts on 15x7s with no issue but not sure if 8s would rub during autocross.

LILIKE16ST

Anyone on swifts with 15x8s that tracks or autocross? Just wondering if have any rub. I had swifts on 15x7s with no issue but not sure if 8s would rub during autocross.
I have 15x8 and I'm about to install swifts soon. I do not autocross but from everything I have seen and read indicates this setup should be rub free in all situations. Judging by the fender to tire gap on stock suspension there should easily be enough room for a 1 inch drop with no rub. Another thing is these springs are a decent amount stiffer so in theory there should not be as much suspension travel vs stock springs so that aids even more in our favor. It depends on the tire too...if you're running most 205/50 I'm sure you'll be fine and the 195/55 bfg I am currently running should be fine too. Even 225/45 tires would probably be ok as they have a slightly smaller overall diameter vs stock wheel and tire setup. If you were running 205/55 or 225/50 that is closer to 24 inch tall vs 23.4 of stock tires there may be rubbing issues I would say as long as your overall diameter of your tire don't exceed stock overall diameter you should be in the clear...just my .02
Michael

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I have 15x8 and I'm about to install swifts soon. I do not autocross but from everything I have seen and read indicates this setup should be rub free in all situations. Judging by the fender to tire gap on stock suspension there should easily be enough room for a 1 inch drop with no rub. Another thing is these springs are a decent amount stiffer so in theory there should not be as much suspension travel vs stock springs so that aids even more in our favor. It depends on the tire too...if you're running most 205/50 I'm sure you'll be fine and the 195/55 bfg I am currently running should be fine too. Even 225/45 tires would probably be ok as they have a slightly smaller overall diameter vs stock wheel and tire setup. If you were running 205/55 or 225/50 that is closer to 24 inch tall vs 23.4 of stock tires there may be rubbing issues I would say as long as your overall diameter of your tire don't exceed stock overall diameter you should be in the clear...just my .02
Michael
Hopefully you get those on soon! I’ve been thinking about getting Swifts + 15x8 + 225/45/15 myself. Looking forward to the feedback!

LILIKE16ST

Hopefully you get those on soon! I’ve been thinking about getting Swifts + 15x8 + 225/45/15 myself. Looking forward to the feedback!
I will definitely be installing them within the next 2-3 weeks or so I'm just waiting on this March cold spell to go away here in southwest va so I can throw my summer shoes back on the car and these springs :) ultra exited is an understatement lol

DaveG99

Been thinking about installing a set of these springs on my fiesta. I wonder how much lowering the car with these springs affects the handling. In theory keeping the weight lower should have a big effect.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Been thinking about installing a set of these springs on my fiesta. I wonder how much lowering the car with these springs affects the handling. In theory keeping the weight lower should have a big effect.

I really loved them. They helped a bunch.

Swift springs on stock struts 15x7s on my pos. Figured the thread needed a pic.

The grip does seem to be improved even with my semi crappy all seasons, cant wait tp get my summer tires back on, also the car looks noticeably better! the only thing is if you are on stock wheels you can really tell the offset isint as good as it could be LOL

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I really loved them. They helped a bunch.

Swift springs on stock struts 15x7s on my pos. Figured the thread needed a pic.

Is there some MAJOR league down force acting on your car in that pic (is that a very high speed straight you're on?)?
I ask because that car sits waaayyyy lower than almost any others I've seen with the Spec-R springs installed. [dunno]

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Is there some MAJOR league down force acting on your car in that pic (is that a very high speed straight you're on?)?
I ask because that car sits waaayyyy lower than almost any others I've seen with the Spec-R springs installed. [dunno]

It definitely wasn't high speed as was at autocross. I think there was some stuff going on right before pic was shot and suspension was compressed on drivers side lol. That was a few years ago and can't recall.It definitely sat little higher lol.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I think there was some stuff going on right before pic was shot and suspension was compressed on drivers side lol. That was a few years ago and can't recall.It definitely sat little higher lol.
OK, THAT would definitely explain the compression of the suspension. ;)