Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 21 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Swift Spec-R Springs Installed
126 Likes

Senior Member 121 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

3 Likes

Talking Swift Spec-R Springs Installed

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So I learned about Swift springs, read the how and why and was sold. They're for performance. They lower only as much as benefits a lower CG but without impacting suspension geometry. They only use linear spring rates so you always know your rate. No guessing from progressive rates. They dyno the stock dampers and match the spring rates to those.

I installed my springs at a friend's house on Friday and the improvement was felt immediately. The drop seems to be about 1" or maybe a hair more. I didn't measure because I didn't care.

On the road small bumps feel less bouncy. Body roll is almost completely gone (I do have a TB Performance rear torsion bar). Ultimate grip is way up and the car is now tail happy again. (It lost some of that with the stock springs and the addition of the TB Torsion bar).

This morning I had a great blast through twisty roads with a Cayman S, Mitsu Ralliart and 3 modified Focus STs. The car performed flawlessly. My custom (built by myself and Boostbumps) e20 tune was rock solid with +6 corrections all around and the suspension was on point.

I love it.

Photos:

---
    2014 Performance Blue Fiesta ST, Recaros, Nav, no Sunroof
    Mods: Cobb AP, Custom e20 Tune, CP-E wrinkle black Intake, CP-E Catted DP, MBRP 3" 409 Exhaust (modded for full 3" flange), Mishimoto Factory Fit Black Intercooler, Swift Spec-R Springs, TB Performance Torsion Bar, Pierce Motorsports 2-point lower front stress bar, Garageline Pedal Spacer, Rota Grid Race 17x8 et40 in hyper black, Dunlop Direzza Sport ZII Star Spec 215/40R17 tires, Triple R Composites front splitter, custom 395g round performance blue shift knob

Senior Member 165 Rep Points Kip2MyLou's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love how flush those wheels look. And which intercooler is that? Didn't see it in your signature.

And how'd you take the bars off of your lower grill? I've heard different ways.
    2014 Tuxedo Black
    16x7 Slipstreams w/ 225/45 BFGoodrich KDW

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Kip2MyLou View Post
    Love how flush those wheels look. And which intercooler is that? Didn't see it in your signature.

And how'd you take the bars off of your lower grill? I've heard different ways.
    The wheels are 7.5 et42 and that's a Mishimoto J-Line Intercooler. Definitely not bolt on and go but worth it for 260 bucks. Charge temps only rise 3 degrees F for a full 3rd gear pull at 24.5psi.

There's 3" hidden up top and another 1.25" hidden down low. Huge intercooler.

The lower grill cover just comes right off. It clips on the back side of the upright supports so if you spread gently it just comes right out.
    ---
    Mods: Cobb AP, Custom e20 Tune, CP-E wrinkle black Intake, CP-E Catted DP, MBRP 3" 409 Exhaust (modded for full 3" flange), Mishimoto Factory Fit Black Intercooler, Swift Spec-R Springs, TB Performance Torsion Bar, Pierce Motorsports 2-point lower front stress bar, Garageline Pedal Spacer, Rota Grid Race 17x8 et40 in hyper black, Dunlop Direzza Sport ZII Star Spec 215/40R17 tires, Triple R Composites front splitter, custom 395g round performance blue shift knob

Senior Member 165 Rep Points Kip2MyLou's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's one way I heard too. Thanks. I'll be doing that when I get my dhm intercooler installed.

And car looks great man. Wish I could keep mine clean.

And made you choose these springs over the others? You might be the only one I know who has these.
    2014 Tuxedo Black
    16x7 Slipstreams w/ 225/45 BFGoodrich KDW

Member #
    Medals
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Boostbumps reminded me that my 3rd gear rise isn't 3 degrees in the summer. It's more like 7 in the current state of tune. 3 degrees was when ambient was 60.

I chose the Swift Springs because they're linear rate, tuned for the stock valving and 25% stiffer than stock, not 5% like most others.
    ---

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I mentioned on Facebook, looks great. What did they run you if you don't mind? The reason a lot guys don't have these yet is because they are pretty new, right?
    2014 Performance Blue Fiesta ST

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice! Been waiting for these.

Member 163 Rep Points Fiesta ST of the Month Winner Sirsinclair's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Where you stock before or on coils?

Member #
    Medals
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsinclair View Post
    Where you stock before or on coils?
    I was stock before.
    ---

Member #
    Medals
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
    As I mentioned on Facebook, looks great. What did they run you if you don't mind? The reason a lot guys don't have these yet is because they are pretty new, right?
    I don't mind at all. They're very new. I pre-ordered mine before they were available for purchase.

I paid $345.
    ---

Page 1 of 21 12345678911 ... LastLast