Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TheStig

hahaha... that wouldn't give proper results now would it? [nono] hehe
yeah i know but i love me the smell of some race gas. We usually run MR8 or C16 in our race quads. Anywhere from 13.5:1 to 15.1:1 static compression depending on how much we deck the head and the piston we run.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #82
That's why I love Lake Havasu in October... if you get what I mean... [:I]

Peloton, any chance on some 0-60 and quarter mile times? And I'm sure the 30-50 and 50-70 numbers are nuts with all that torque...my god, is this really a four banger?

TheStig

That's why I love Lake Havasu in October... if you get what I mean... [:I]
Lake Havasu in October...? Is there one of the Parker races in October? I know WORCS has done their Havasu race all over the place during the season, but always spring or fall. This is supposedly the last year WORCS will race at Lake Havasu [V]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #85
Lake Havasu in October...? Is there one of the Parker races in October? I know WORCS has done their Havasu race all over the place during the season, but always spring or fall. This is supposedly the last year WORCS will race at Lake Havasu [V]
Close but no surprise... I mean prize. lol. October in Lake Havasu is the personal watercraft "World Finals". i.e. "jet-ski races" heh [wink]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #86
Peloton, any chance on some 0-60 and quarter mile times? And I'm sure the 30-50 and 50-70 numbers are nuts with all that torque...my god, is this really a four banger?
Not until Cobb changes the programming to work off the rear wheel sensors instead of the fronts during acceleration data logging. Since the fronts tend to spin pretty regularly, it messes up the calibration and can't log the runs. I think they are working on this... [:o]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #87
Sound clips of the Scorpion exhaust will be up today, *IF* I can figure out how to get them from the camera to the computer (it's not as easy as it should be with my wife's camera). I need to find a remote area where no one will see what I am doing. I get embarrassed doing silly rev ups and drive by's. LOL

STooge

Sound clips of the Scorpion exhaust will be up today, *IF* I can figure out how to get them from the camera to the computer (it's not as easy as it should be with my wife's camera). I need to find a remote area where no one will see what I am doing. I get embarrassed doing silly rev ups and drive by's. LOL
hahaha. "what is this guys doing, just keeps driving back and forth and revving up his car?"

TheStig

Close but no surprise... I mean prize. lol. October in Lake Havasu is the personal watercraft "World Finals". i.e. "jet-ski races" heh [wink]
Ohhh gotcha, never really got into the water thing. But some of those boats make massive power. Seen afew at Firebird raceway when we would use the old MX track, before the LOORS series turned it into a truck course.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #91
[video=youtube;gphc0GWEQ5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gphc0GWEQ5k&feature=youtu.be[/video]

STooge

Thats good mna, It is alot quieter than i expected, which is good if you ask me. Drone sucks. And not raspy, quite bassy for a 1.6. [twothumb]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Wow like STooge said lot more quiet than i though it would be.. NICE
and no drone you say ?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
[video=youtube;gphc0GWEQ5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gphc0GWEQ5k&feature=youtu.be[/video]
I'm sold barring the dyno results, pelotonracer2 get the GB started lol.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #97
Wow like STooge said lot more quiet than i though it would be.. NICE
and no drone you say ?
It's very "quiet" in cruise mode in any gear. On the highway you don't even know you have aftermarket exhaust. It's when you stomp on it, you hear it! [hihi]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #98
I'm sold barring the dyno results, pelotonracer2 get the GB started lol.
I'm going to see if I can get three dyno runs in either tomorrow or Thursday morning @ Cobb Tuning to check my exhaust against my baseline.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #99
Low and deep with some popping and bubbly mix thrown in. lol NO raspiness and no in cabin drone on the highway. However, it is hard to tell from this video, it is indeed about 12-13 decibels louder than stock. I will try to do a drive away, drive by and in cabin video this evening. I need someone to hold the camera for that. [histerical] Inside the car, it gives you a VERY nice intoxicating exotic "sound". Visceral sound pleasure...

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #100
The Scorpion exhaust get's down right *angry* at 5000 rpm and up. At redline it is an absolutely delicious chorus. The word "frantic anger" comes to mind. While tinny raspiness might be ok say... at WOT, most of the exhaust systems I have heard for our FiST resemble a UPS truck at low rpm.