Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TheStig

Im still far too young and immature to have something this quiet. But i think a slightly lounder and more raspy exhaust and then a cutout for shenanigans will work just fine. Great looking exhaust though.

Yeah dude, this sounds nice. Not all raspy like oh so many 4 poppers. Nice choice.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #103
Im still far too young and immature to have something this quiet. But i think a slightly lounder and more raspy exhaust and then a cutout for shenanigans will work just fine. Great looking exhaust though.
Try a de-catted downpipe with it... lol. It will be very naughty. lol

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #104
Yeah dude, this sounds nice. Not all raspy like oh so many 4 poppers. Nice choice.
Thanks buddy. The sound it makes turns heads... and I can live with it when I have to drive 100 miles round trip on the highway to pick up my kids. hehehe

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #105
heh, ~grins~ [wink] How old are you? When I was 20 years old, I owned a brand new black 1988 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 "notchback" that I ordered "factory stripped". Back in those days you could order a car "a-la-carte". There were no standard equipment. Power door locks, power windows, air conditioning, power mirrors even the radio, all options. Anyways, I ordered that car with just a radio/cassette deck, nothing else. Heck, I'm guessing Ford knew this would be a race car because they conveniently "forgot" to even put sound deadener anywhere. So back in the those days, I just had to have FoMoSpo off road exhaust (which deleted FOUR cats) and 40 Series Flowmasters. I loved that noise back in those days. Today, not so much. lol

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
It's very "quiet" in cruise mode in any gear. On the highway you don't even know you have aftermarket exhaust. It's when you stomp on it, you hear it! [hihi]
Low and deep with some popping and bubbly mix thrown in. lol NO raspiness and no in cabin drone on the highway. However, it is hard to tell from this video, it is indeed about 12-13 decibels louder than stock. I will try to do a drive away, drive by and in cabin video this evening. I need someone to hold the camera for that. [histerical] Inside the car, it gives you a VERY nice intoxicating exotic "sound". Visceral sound pleasure...
The Scorpion exhaust get's down right *angry* at 5000 rpm and up. At redline it is an absolutely delicious chorus. The word "frantic anger" comes to mind. While tinny raspiness might be ok say... at WOT, most of the exhaust systems I have heard for our FiST resemble a UPS truck at low rpm.
Ok I just messed in my .... Dang that sounds SEXY !! [woot] I'll rep ya when i get more ;)

Perry

I like the sound, but the 10-12 dB sound increase in the cabin is more than I'd like. I actually like how little sound comes through into the cabin during regular driving. I get to enjoy my tunes!

I'll admit though, that the sound of that thing is sweet, no doubt. Were the added sound just a little less, I'd wanna go for it.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #108
I like the sound, but the 10-12 dB sound increase in the cabin is more than I'd like. I actually like how little sound comes through into the cabin during regular driving. I get to enjoy my tunes!

I'll admit though, that the sound of that thing is sweet, no doubt. Were the added sound just a little less, I'd wanna go for it.
That's 10-12 db outside with a gauge set to 15 feet, not inside the cabin. With the windows up it is barely louder than stock. I like it now because I don't even have to look at the tach to gauge revs, the exhaust is audible, but by no means loud inside the car. Driving down the road at 40 mph in 4th gear or on the highway at 70-75 mph, it is whisper quiet. Absolutely no drone, no increase in NVH. I can guarantee you this... it is MUCH quieter than the other systems for our cars that you can hear sound clips for on youtube. Milltek is louder, MRT is UPS truck loud. FSWERKs sounds good but is a bit louder. All those systems use smaller diameter piping.. [:p]

That's 10-12 db outside with a gauge set to 15 feet, not inside the cabin. With the windows up it is barely louder than stock. I like it now because I don't even have to look at the tach to gauge revs, the exhaust is audible, but by no means loud inside the car. Driving down the road at 40 mph in 4th gear or on the highway at 70-75 mph, it is whisper quiet. Absolutely no drone, no increase in NVH. I can guarantee you this... it is MUCH quieter than the other systems for our cars that you can hear sound clips for on youtube. Milltek is louder, MRT is UPS truck loud. FSWERKs sounds good but is a bit louder. All those systems use smaller diameter piping.. [:p]
Peloton, is the sound symposer still intact?

Perry

That's 10-12 db outside with a gauge set to 15 feet, not inside the cabin. With the windows up it is barely louder than stock.
Ah. I think I didn't read closely enough. Sorry. But now you're describing something that's--well, my wife isn't gonna like this, but, . . . . [twothumb]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #114
Ok thanks...and I see no short shifter...does that imply you are satisfied with stock shifter?
I may go with a short shift plate like Mountune's one day. I'm kinda hoping someone else comes out with a cheaper variant. $249.00 for a small, cut aluminum "plate" is somewhat ridiculous. I used one on my MS3 that was VERY similar and it sells for $90.00 at SURE Motorsports. I'm satisfied with the stock shifter at the moment...

I may go with a short shift plate like Mountune's one day. I'm kinda hoping someone else comes out with a cheaper variant. $249.00 for a small, cut aluminum "plate" is somewhat ridiculous. I used one on my MS3 that was VERY similar and it sells for $90.00 at SURE Motorsports. I'm satisfied with the stock shifter at the moment...
If I can get a template, I can machine one in a CNC milling machine...anyone have any measurements for the Mountune short shifter?

If I can get a template, I can machine one in a CNC milling machine...anyone have any measurements for the Mountune short shifter?
Looks pretty straight forward....3 tapped holes...standard bolt with slot & sleeve...socket head cap screw...I can make this..but what is that trailer hitch looking thing? That connects it to the linkage? I need a gear head please [wrenchin]

TheStig

heh, ~grins~ [wink] How old are you? When I was 20 years old, I owned a brand new black 1988 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 "notchback" that I ordered "factory stripped". Back in those days you could order a car "a-la-carte". There were no standard equipment. Power door locks, power windows, air conditioning, power mirrors even the radio, all options. Anyways, I ordered that car with just a radio/cassette deck, nothing else. Heck, I'm guessing Ford knew this would be a race car because they conveniently "forgot" to even put sound deadener anywhere. So back in the those days, I just had to have FoMoSpo off road exhaust (which deleted FOUR cats) and 40 Series Flowmasters. I loved that noise back in those days. Today, not so much. lol
I am an entire 24 years of age sir. But maybe once we have decent intakes and BOV's out, ill enjoy the sound of the intake so much ill get a quieter exhaust. LOL

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #118
I am an entire 24 years of age sir. But maybe once we have decent intakes and BOV's out, ill enjoy the sound of the intake so much ill get a quieter exhaust. LOL
Just changing the intake will give you the blow-off "sound" you want. I'll have to get another sound clip of the exhaust system on the dyno. It's plenty loud at WOT under load at high rpm. I just like the fact that when you are cruising around and driving normal, it isn't obnoxious.

TheStig

Just changing the intake will give you the blow-off "sound" you want. I'll have to get another sound clip of the exhaust system on the dyno. It's plenty loud at WOT under load at high rpm. I just like the fact that when you are cruising around and driving normal, it isn't obnoxious.
Yeah it may grow on me who knows. And as I said if I really wanna go loud at times ill just get a cut off installed with a turn down. Straight pipe like a baus.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #120
Dyno session booked for this Wednesday (for exhaust system comparison against my baseline). It's the moment of truth for the Scorpion. lol