Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I would dumbfounded if it were anything other than a positive result. The car is running so freakin good!
Wait till you couple it with the intake.
I finally drove my car with the FSwerks intake on it today. It sounds great, feels like it takes less effort to get up to speed, and (it could be my butt dyno) it feels like it pulls a little longer up top before it falls off.. Both of those combined I'd venture to say youll be in the 21X whp range.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Obviously a custom tune to your car will yield you the best results.
You'll still see power gains from bolt ons since these cars a speed density tuned (in the states at least)
I would say get a tune when your absolutely 100% done with power adders

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Obviously a custom tune to your car will yield you the best results.
You'll still see power gains from bolt ons since these cars a speed density tuned (in the states at least)
I would say get a tune when your absolutely 100% done with power adders
One of the reasons why I was hoping SCT would have the strategy codes that work for the Fiesta ST. You'll get more tuners on board offering custom tuning for each customer.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
One of the reasons why I was hoping SCT would have the strategy codes that work for the Fiesta ST. You'll get more tuners on board offering custom tuning for each customer.
Well as soon as Cobb releases the Accesstuner Racer program, there will be a good number of tuners I think.
Over on the mazdaspeed forums, some guys got so good at tuning, they ended up becoming vendors on the site and did e-tunes for people. Thats kinda what I'm hoping will happen for our cars..

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #133
That's my question as well, will cobbs map need to be tweaked to get the best results from an intake and exhaust...
If the gains from the exhaust system and intake are less than expected then I'd say yes. OTS maps are for a stock vehicle. However, the exhaust system has been tested already on a stock MAF car in the UK and gained 11 hp @ the WHEELS. That's approximately 14 flywheel hp. With that said, the same gains on a stock car don't always equate into the same gains on a more modified vehicle. I'd be happy with a slight horsepower and torque gain with an OTS tune. I'd even be happy with a horsepower gain and no loss in torque. A gain in hp and a loss of torque wouldn't be so good, as would a loss of power and torque over what I had LOL. Honestly, I don't know what to expect. If I go by how the car feels and drives, I'd have to say there was an increase in power (but butt-dynos lie). 10 hp is hard to "feel". LOL

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #134
Well as soon as Cobb releases the Accesstuner Racer program, there will be a good number of tuners I think.
Over on the mazdaspeed forums, some guys got so good at tuning, they ended up becoming vendors on the site and did e-tunes for people. Thats kinda what I'm hoping will happen for our cars..
I was one of those people who tweaked an OTS Cobb map on the MS3. I can't wait to get the Racer Access software. There are indeed some areas that can be improved, even with the stock OTS map on a stock vehicle. Subtle tweaks, nothing too radical.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #135
Wait till you couple it with the intake.
I finally drove my car with the FSwerks intake on it today. It sounds great, feels like it takes less effort to get up to speed, and (it could be my butt dyno) it feels like it pulls a little longer up top before it falls off.. Both of those combined I'd venture to say youll be in the 21X whp range.
The engine already zings to red line effortlessly. There is no where in the power band where it seems to fall off anymore. I'm not as worried about peak power as I am under the curve. The Cobb set-up gave me 29-30 hp more than stock at 6350 rpm. Oh and I verified I am reaching 63 mph in 2nd gear now. As soon as Cobb recalibrates the wheel sensors to pick up on the rears, I'll see what my 0-60 times are. Keep in mind, the Cobb dyno has me at 172hp/247 pft @ the wheels. I'd pass out if I gained 30 hp with the exhaust/intake combo, but I REALLY don't expect that at all. I am hoping for at least a 9-10 hp gain @ the wheels with the Scorpion exhaust system and an even flatter/fatter curve up top. [burnout]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #139
I am VERY disappointed in the Scorpion exhaust dyno results today. I'm not going to post the results until I can talk to a Scorpion Engineer. Something weird is happening and it's just not adding up. [sad]

Harvick

1000 Post Club
I am VERY disappointed in the Scorpion exhaust dyno results today. I'm not going to post the results until I can talk to a Scorpion Engineer. Something weird is happening and it's just not adding up. [sad]
Sorry to hear about the results, keep us posted