Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #442

Attachments

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I have the same Maxton front splitter on my 14. PM me your number and I’ll explain my install. Acceljunky and I are local to each other as well.

felopr

I have the same Maxton front splitter on my 14. PM me your number and I’ll explain my install. Acceljunky and I are local to each other as well.

I bought the same splitter and haven't installed it yet, or taken out of the box for that matter.
Is it hard to install at all? thanks

felopr

Well, what should have been an EASY day of transformation for my silver bullet turned into a loooong, albeit frustrating day.

Took the car to Discount Tire and had some new DII Star Specs mounted and balanced, new TPMS sensors..... only to find that the two rear center caps could not be installed due to the hub studs sticking out too far. I'm going to guess that this is a common issue. Got home jacked the car up and removed both rear wheels. Machined down the threaded stud that holds the nut with a dremel tool. While I was doing the rear right, I had set the wheel/tire upright and it fell over on the face onto the concrete messing up the outer part of the rim. I tried to touch it up, but that's going to be an expensive mistake as I will have to replace it. [shameful]

Finally got it all done and took a few pictures....

Car is starting to grow on me. The ROTA Titans really change the look of the car. So far ZERO rubbing... weighed the ROTA Titans before the install. They all weigh 17 to 17.2 pounds each. The 17x7.5 XXR 527s weighed 18.5 pounds each.
I am planning to buying this rims for my 2015 performance blue fist, i am going with gold since i dont like dark color rims. My question is, is your problem with rear center caps something that was unique for your car or everyone who has installed this wheel?
Thanks and liking the build so far

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The Titans in gold (is that a standard available color? [dunno]) would look SICK great on a PB car. [like] (As would most other wheels in that color. ;) )

Most (everyone?) on here has had to grind to get the Titan rear center caps to work on their FiST as far as I can remember.

felopr

The Titans in gold (is that a standard available color? [dunno]) would look SICK great on a PB car. [like] (As would most other wheels in that color. ;) )

Most (everyone?) on here has had to grind to get the Titan rear center caps to work on their FiST as far as I can remember.

yeah they are

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #448
I am planning to buying this rims for my 2015 performance blue fist, i am going with gold since i dont like dark color rims. My question is, is your problem with rear center caps something that was unique for your car or everyone who has installed this wheel?
Thanks and liking the build so far
You will have the grind the threads down where the hub nut is. It protrudes into the center cap hole and prevents the center cap from being pushed on. Once you do that you can install the center caps. Not hard at all, but just tedious.... takes about 20 minutes per wheel with a dremel tool.

felopr

You will have the grind the threads down where the hub nut is. It protrudes into the center cap hole and prevents the center cap from being pushed on. Once you do that you can install the center caps. Not hard at all, but just tedious.... takes about 20 minutes per wheel with a dremel tool.
Thanks for the info mate

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I bought the same splitter and haven't installed it yet, or taken out of the box for that matter.
Is it hard to install at all? thanks
It isn’t difficult. You’ll just need to take your time and plan to make a few spacers for the front. I used three jackstands to line up and support the splitter. When I had it centered and even at each wheel well, I tacked the left and right sides with self tapping screws. Next, I moved to the center section. You’ll see what I mean about needing spacers. I used old brake hose. The center spacer is slightly thicker than the right/left. I used a bolt in the center and self tapping screws everywhere else. It’s held on without issue on the track. These pics suck, but it’s all I have at the moment:

felopr

I guess your titans are 73mm hub right? if so, did you use hub rings or cant use them cuz of center caps?

jeff

2000 Post Club
Hey mate, it’s been over a month....how is the car running, did you ever hit the Dyno, and what were the results???

Thanks. I LOVE how the hyper black looks different in different light. [like]

I don't think I'll be doing too much more to this car past the Ksport coil-overs and maybe some braces and a Braille battery and possible other weight saving mods. I'll be looking for a new splitter to replace the Maxton.

Car is running great on the Pumaspeed X47R hybrid with Adams tuning, just waiting to start the process with E30 revisions now and some dyno tweaks in a couple weeks. Although I know the estimated hp and torque on the AP isn't all that accurate, it did hit 294hp and 287 pft on my last datalog. That's a big jump in power over my stage 3 as a comparison, although I am most certain I am easily putting over 300pft torque to the wheels. As a comparison, the BEST E30 stage 3 numbers I ever saw were 235hp and 283pft on the AP. I'm not certain how these parameters are calculated through the ECM. Can't wait to get some real dyno numbers for my Fiesta ST.

Thanks for the kind words! [driving] Yeah, I made 304whp/344wtq on a regular X47 on Adam's dyno. I've since (with the help and garage of [MENTION=7869]Mortont1[/MENTION] ) installed Strat's aux fuel and Guardian Angel and am running E50. Adam's e-tuning it for now until he's got time to put it back on the dyno. V-Dyno has me in the low 350'swhp, so I'm probably actually somewhere in the 330's. Traction in 3rd gear has definitely become an issue. LOL!
Any updates on numbers with an x47 and aux?

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #457
Well this was unexpected...

A blown head gasket in June 2018 resulted in having to get a new long block from Ford (no not covered under warranty). [:(]

Fast forward 7 months, car is almost back on the road thanks to Growler Motorlabs (in Plano, Texas) and Ron Miller [MENTION=337]whoosh[/MENTION] Motorsports.

I've added a VUDU ported exhaust manifold, a Spec clutch (stage 2), Fidanza lightweight flywheel and a bunch of other smaller items (euro LED tail lights, clear third brake light, Diode Dynamics LED fog lights, Ti lugnuts etc).

Definitely going to do an aux fuel soon. I don't like how on the edge the fuel system is.

Something of importance: The fuel injectors on these cars get really dirty, mine were pretty bad. I'm getting all new ones with the long block. Only 48,000 miles on the odometer. I do run E30 most of the time and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

A blown head gasket in June 2018 resulted in having to get a new long block from Ford (no not covered under warranty). [:(]

Fast forward 7 months, car is almost back on the road thanks to Growler Motorlabs (in Plano, Texas) and Ron Miller [MENTION=337]whoosh[/MENTION] Motorsports.

I've added a VUDU ported exhaust manifold, a Spec clutch (stage 2), Fidanza lightweight flywheel and a bunch of other smaller items (euro LED tail lights, clear third brake light, Diode Dynamics LED fog lights, Ti lugnuts etc).

Definitely going to do an aux fuel soon. I don't like how on the edge the fuel system is.

Something of importance: The fuel injectors on these cars get really dirty, mine were pretty bad. I'm getting all new ones with the long block. Only 48,000 miles on the odometer. I do run E30 most of the time and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.
How come no warranty?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Do/did you ever run an aftermarket, high PEA content, fuel additive (Red Line SI-1, Techron, Gumout Regane, Amsoil PI, etc.) through the system occasionally, or not?