Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil Catch Can Comparo Thread

Which OCC did you install?

• Mishimoto

Votes: 48 30.4%
  • Boomba

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • James Barone Racing

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Damond Motorsports

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • "Custom"

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 18 11.4%

• Total voters

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Holding capacity for Damond OCC ~250ml

[HR][/HR]
[HR][/HR]

Edit..table (below) updated thanks to [MENTION=2843]tjd_tdi[/MENTION] !!

[HR][/HR]
[HR][/HR]

OCC Kits Installed (pics below)

JBR OCC Kit

View attachment 6672

Damond OCC Kit

View attachment 6671

Boomba OCC kit

View attachment 6670

Mishimoto OCC Kit

View attachment 6669
Thanks for an update and how are you liking your JBR? And what made you choose that one, again?

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thanks for an update and how are you liking your JBR? And what made you choose that one, again?
Your welcome...

And yes I'm still very pleased with JBR kit...It checked all the boxes for me which I think I mention the reasons why earlier in this thread...

Honestly any of the kits currently offered will do the job more than adequately...

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Your welcome...

And yes I'm still very pleased with JBR kit...It checked all the boxes for me which I think I mention the reasons why earlier in this thread...

Honestly any of the kits currently offered will do the job more than adequately...
Another quick question, what does "No; must re-use stock fittings" mean under the plug-n-play box on the table? Might be a dumb question but I don't quite know what that means.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Another quick question, what does "No; must re-use stock fittings" mean under the plug-n-play box on the table? Might be a dumb question but I don't quite know what that means.
simply means quick connect plugs from the PCV / IM OE hose need to be reused and plugs themselves are not included in the kit...

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
simply means quick connect plugs from the PCV / IM OE hose need to be reused and plugs themselves are not included in the kit...
That's not necessary a bad thing though, correct? Because you'll just be reusing the stock hoses and stuff? I just don't want to have to buy anything extra or cut or modify anything? But I don't necessary mind reusing stock hoses.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
That's not necessary a bad thing though, correct? Because you'll just be reusing the stock hoses and stuff? I just don't want to have to buy anything extra or cut or modify anything? But I don't necessary mind reusing stock hoses.
I feel like I know you well enough by now so please allow me to make this decision easy for you ... If I were you I would either choose the Damond or Mishimoto OCC kit simply for ease of installation ...Can't go wrong with either... :)

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I feel like I know you well enough by now so please allow me to make this decision easy for you ... If I were you I would either choose the Damond or Mishimoto OCC kit simply for ease of installation ...Can't go wrong with either... :)
Haha. I like the straight answer. Thanks man. Appreciate it!

Ordered the Mishimoto unit last week. IMO it's the best/easiest location for install and serviceability. I fabbed together a drain kit from Home Depot identical to the optional Mishimoto offering for less than $10.

Guess I'll be going with the Damond now since mishi went up to $260!

Edit: may just be everyone's beta tester and not do any occ.

Those with the Mishi kit, are you running a check valve? If so please post pics and specs as to which unit you're running. Trying to see my options. Thanks!

OP
tjd_tdi
Thread Starter #154
I would also like to see the mishi with a check valve.
Not sure what there is to see... just cut the silicone line that runs to the IM and put your check valve in. You might want to buy a spare length of tubing and cut that, so that you can save the nice hose that comes with the kit.

I run one with my Mishi can, but it's a home brew setup I put together before the kit was available.

I'd like to see it and get more info because I'm not too familiar with check valves. I called Mishi to ask if they could recommended a check valve to use with their oil catch can, but they said they weren't able to offer any sort of aftermarket recommendation. They also mentioned that the stock PCV check valve should be good at stock boost levels.

mishimoto1

I'd like to see it and get more info because I'm not too familiar with check valves. I called Mishi to ask if they could recommended a check valve to use with their oil catch can, but they said they weren't able to offer any sort of aftermarket recommendation. They also mentioned that the stock PCV check valve should be good at stock boost levels.
Hi there!
That information is correct, we do not recommend adding a check valve to our kit because we found that in our testing the stock valve is more than sufficient with stock boost, as you mentioned. Some chose to add an aftermarket check valve in addition to the stock valve which can be done by adding it to our existing hoses. Of course you are welcome to add an aftermarket check valve, we just can't speak to the quality of any aftermarket product that we haven't tested ourselves. I am sure there are more than a few good options to choose from if you would like to run one. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Thanks!
-Sara

I think I'm going to go with the Boomba check valve. I'm going to cut the silicone hose and plug it right in before the IM.

Fitting sizes are 3/8 right?

Not sure what there is to see... just cut the silicone line that runs to the IM and put your check valve in. You might want to buy a spare length of tubing and cut that, so that you can save the nice hose that comes with the kit.

I run one with my Mishi can, but it's a home brew setup I put together before the kit was available.
Hey, I've been trying to PM you with a buyers number for the intake, not sure why I can't get through but PM me your number so I can get you two to contact each other...

I was also deciding between Damond and Mishi as I didn't wan't to cut the PCV hose. I was leaning toward the Damond due to price but found a distributor selling the Mishi OCC for the pre-sale price! I was a bit wary of it and scrutinized part numbers but ordered it on Fri and ended up having to call them on Monday as I didn't get much communication. They told me that it would ship Tues and be here either today or Thursday. I'll provide an update when it comes in.

Hope this helps those on the fence.
http://www.brothersperformance.com/ecoboost/2014-2015-fiesta-st.html