Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil Catch Can Comparo Thread

Which OCC did you install?

• Mishimoto

Votes: 48 30.4%
  • Boomba

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • James Barone Racing

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Damond Motorsports

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • "Custom"

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 18 11.4%

• Total voters
I understand the concept of an oil catch can, but why not vent what's left - the air back into the atmosphere, instead of routing it back into the intake tract?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Venting to atmosphere is illegal and the fume sucks especially during the summer time. And proper vent to atmosphere will give check engine light.

Thanks for all the info, I just bought a Damon Catch Can. Can't wait for all my new parts to come in!!!!

I understand the concept of an oil catch can, but why not vent what's left - the air back into the atmosphere, instead of routing it back into the intake tract?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Polar bears. And, supposedly, negative pressure from boost helps with crank case ventilation. Just what I've read. Not sure why that would be important, as N/A cars get by without it.

For you guys with the Damond OCC, how much of a PITA is it to get to the drain valve and what process do you actually do to drain the OCC? Does the drain hose extend down by the wheel well?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
For you guys with the Damond OCC, how much of a PITA is it to get to the drain valve and what process do you actually do to drain the OCC? Does the drain hose extend down by the wheel well?
Not all a PIA....I ran the hose down so when I Turn the steering wheel to the right I just hang or have someone hold the bottle and push the drain valve lever down....easy as pie.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah the provided drain hose is about 36-48” long so you have plenty to work with. I forgot to run mine some where and I hope it is still there >.<

Thanks, guys...how hard is it to reach the drain valve on the bottom of the OCC? Would it be easier to relocate the drain valve more towards the end of the drain tube or is that not recommended?

anticon

Thanks, guys...how hard is it to reach the drain valve on the bottom of the OCC? Would it be easier to relocate the drain valve more towards the end of the drain tube or is that not recommended?
Not too bad, I have bigger hands and I can cram them in there to turn the valve.

I think that would be a horrible idea. You'd be relying on a thin plastic hose to hold vacuum (which it would not). Keep the valve where it is, it's super easy to reach in and turn the valve 1/4 turn to drain the can.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
The ONLY thing I don't like about the Damon OCC is how the hoses route. It seems its going to be constantly rubbing against the coolant reservoir and other misc. items. I didn't get the sleeves but quickly discovered its really needed for the longevity of the kit so I ordered some from Amazon.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I did not install the drain hose.
I just remove the OCC when I do an oil change which is every 5k miles.
That seems excessive....removing the OCC when you do an oil change....but hey I guess Different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Apex228

I would also like to know if anyone has experience with the CCV side catch cans and whether or not they are worth the money in any way?