Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Team O'Neil Motorsport HEAVY DUTY Skid plate available

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Admins please move to another subforum or delete should I have overstepped.

Okay I have reached out to Team O'Neil Motor Sport for a skid plate for our North American FiST, indicating there are some interest and asking if the had anything Here is the responce:

Hello Stephane,

We do indeed have a skid plate package for Fiesta ST?s. (The also fit standard Fiesta?s) The plate itself is 1/4? aluminum which extends from the subframe, up past the front bumper lip slightly. It is designed to also protect the stock intercooler position. These are the same as we use on our R2 and ST rally cars, so they do offer plenty of protection. At this time we do not have anything lighter duty for sale, but if you think it might be of interest I might be able to work on something.

The whole kit is $750 US and includes the plate, weld on mounts for the rear, a front support bar that gets bolted up by the stock bumper beam and all associated hardware. We also offer a couple upgrades like a foam pad to stop rocks collecting under the oil pan, side flaps to stop rocks and dirt coming in from the wheel wells, and welded on pads on the plate to protect the mounting bolts. Please let me know if you have any questions. Also, at the moment I don?t have any good photos of the kit, but it?s something Im working on anyway and should be able to provide them soon.

Thank you,

Pascal Belperron
Now I have replied back:
Thank you for your reply. I can ask the forum to see if there are others interested. How many of this lighter (bolt on) option would you need to make it a go? I know the forum would have more questions. Maybe you can join as a user? We have a very nice mature community and I know they would have a bunch of questions and suggestions that they would offer.

I hope they join as if there is interest I can see a lot of questions/suggestions. But in case they do not what questions/suggestion would yous all have for a light duty plate? I have:

1- Bolt on (no welding)
2- lighter aluminum (1/8) or 1/16 steel with form stamps to give some rigidity
3- From just behind the bumper deflector to ....
4- would be nice to have access to filter and oil plug via a service hole or easy removal of plate
5- built it bracing (torsion bar) that way you don't have to pick between a brace of a plate (?)

So if interested post up and I can convey the yay/nay. Else I will continue my quest as $750 and welding is a bit much to protect a DD from gravel and snow.

I'd suggest plastic instead of aluminum. It will keep the cost way down as well as the weight.

Pete

I would be interested in the 1/8" plate. I also would like their dimensions being the same from the front of the bumper to the back. Don't want my nice paint getting all scratched up.

Young L

interested also. would have to keep in mind some people have 2,4,6 point braces up front. would be nice if the plate would be able to clear them

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Keep the suggestion comming. I know there is another option from skidplate guy but doing the shotgun approach to see who delivers first.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
An encouraging reply from Team O'Neil
Hi Stephane,

I would be ok developing another skid plate version if I felt there was interest, but wouldn?t necessarily need a certain number of confirmed orders to start. However, we have a lot going on at the moment and it will be a couple months at before that could happen.

I will look at joining the forum to see what preferences people have, and we are also always interested in knowing if there is interest in a product not currently available.

Thanks,

Pascal

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Did the ball get dropped on this? Been looking at skid plates out of curiosity.
Not really they have a very heavy duty skid plate that requires welding and cost about $750. Skid plate guy on face book also has one for around $300 bolt on. That is the one I am running. Those picks of the model car is my car. If you have questions for fitment let me know. I know it save my oil pan a few time in the last week driving in northern Ontario and hitting ice chunks from transports. Nice solid thud but no damage to the car.

Loosen two rear bolts, remove front two, slide forward. Clean skid plate, change oil and filter. Check your bits. Slide into rear two bolts and replace front two. Torque to spec and done. 4mm skid plate goes on and off in less that 5 minutes. I have had one on my Fiesta S for three plus years. Great protection and easy service access.

Skidplateguy
Do you have one in stock I need for Rallycross next weekend
Let me know thank you.
Shoot him an email. I spoke to him on Saturday and he has one in stock.

On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 3:24 PM Skid Plate <skidplateguy@gmail.com> wrote:

385.00 plus s/h
4mm Aluminum
includes all hardware for easy no drill install
One kit in stock

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have The Skid Plate Guy one as well, and I can vouch for it's functionality/effectiveness in anything short of a full rally stage speed 'hit'. [wink]

The only advantage I can see to the Team O'Neil one for less than full-on, high speed, gravel stage rally use is the heat evacuation vents Timo cuts into his plates. ;)

Ford Community Posts