Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Winter Wheels and Tires

Picked up my ST on Friday and spent Saturday morning putting on my new winter wheels. It looks so good I may actually make these my summer wheels and use the Rado Grey ones for the winter.
As you can see winter tires are a must around here. The wheels are 17 X 7.5 and the Blizzaks are stock ST size.
Just after this photo was taken I went for a trip to Ukranian Tire to get a clear license plate cover. Arrived at the store in the blazing sun and emerged about 20 minutes later in a blizzard. [:(!]
Car doesn't look quite so clean now - but the tires worked like a charm.

Attachments

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
What wheels are those? Heck I would have used these for the summer and use the stock ones for the winter haha.

OP
scottiemac
Thread Starter #3
They are Sport Edition SE-16 - got them from Tire Rack.
I went through all the wheels available and use their "view on vehicle" feature. These looked the best, to my eye at least. [coolsmile]

OP
scottiemac
Thread Starter #5
Did you check them out on Tire Rack? Mine are pretty disgusting now due to the blizzard. I'll try and post a bit later.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Those look great, reminds me a lot of the BBS CH which are like $400 per wheel lol.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Here's a close up shot of the wheel. They look really good - the finish has lots of metallic so when they are clean they really look great.
Thanks for the picture, exactly what I wanted to see...I just prefer a real picture than the generic ones on Tirerack hehe.

Perry

Looking good, scottiemac! I am expecting Tuesday delivery of similar--SE16 (15") with Pirelli Winter Carve tires in 185/60 instead of 205/40/17 stock. (On theory that narrower, deeper profile tires grab through snow better.

I like LOTS of wheels better than the Rado Gray option. TR listed 32 that were guaranteed to fit the FiST. Almost all I liked better than the Rado Gray. But I do like the red-painted calipers. Might do that yet.

OP
scottiemac
Thread Starter #11
Thanks for the picture, exactly what I wanted to see...I just prefer a real picture than the generic ones on Tirerack hehe.
No worries. Sorry they are so dirty. I know what you mean though - these things look a lot better in person than in the TR pics.

OP
scottiemac
Thread Starter #12
Looking good, scottiemac! I am expecting Tuesday delivery of similar--SE16 (15") with Pirelli Winter Carve tires in 185/60 instead of 205/40/17 stock. (On theory that narrower, deeper profile tires grab through snow better.
I like LOTS of wheels better than the Rado Gray option. TR listed 32 that were guaranteed to fit the FiST. Almost all I liked better than the Rado Gray. But I do like the red-painted calipers. Might do that yet.
Thanks Perry. I usually try and stick with the stock size as I like the look. The weather here isn't so much lots of snow as just constant little bits of it. Not often we get a huge dump of snow and if that happens I drive my Yukon XL. Nothing stops that. Most of the time the roads are clear and I like the fact that the winter tires are better for the temperature range.

OP
scottiemac
Thread Starter #14
It is a Bridgestone Blizzak WS-60. They were on close out at Tire Rack - older stock. Figured they would last me at least 3 seasons.
I've been through my first winter with them and they have been great.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Are these for the ST via tire rack ? if so I bet they fit but you could ask them just to be sure .. not a bad looking wheel for the money :)

Yes this wheels was found by searching with Fiesta ST!

Yes they look great for the price and for winter wheel! But is it too width for a winter tire in 195/50R16? (Toyo web site recommend 6.00 to 7.00 for the width)

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
They may be a bit wide for snow tires but i bet they would work and look a bit streched . I think I went 6.5 for my winters as I follow the thought that skinny in snow is better.