Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SLD ECOBEAST billet badges

Trader history for pelotonracer2 (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Badge delay...

FYI...

I just received this email from Chris (below)...I have no problem waiting awhile longer and really appreciated receiving the update...stuff happens!

"Hello everyone;

I just wanted to provide you with a quick update on your badge(s). I've already been in touch with my powdercoating supplier on the issue, but it seems that the powder I bought specifically for this group buy has some cross-color contamination in both the red and the green. It wasn't something I noticed until late last night as I was doing the final hand polishing on everyone's badges; and while it isn't evident from even a foot or so away it's very noticeable up close, and I simply cannot let these out of my shop with imperfections like that.

This snafu is going to set me back on fulfillment by another 7-10 days or so while I order new raw material and wait for my replacement powder to arrive.

Customer satisfaction is my #1 priority, so if you don't wish to wait the extra week(ish), please let me know and I will be happy to refund you 100%. Otherwise, please sit tight and thank you for your patience. =)

-Chris"

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #165
Yeah, I told him to just take his time and not worry about the additional fulfillment time. We had a rather long text conversation today about it.

I know he is working on it. He sent me pics of the batches he did this week and they do have some spots in them.

It wasn't something I noticed until late last night as I was doing the final hand polishing on everyone's badges; and while it isn't evident from even a foot or so away it's very noticeable up close, and I simply cannot let these out of my shop with imperfections like that.
Now that's what I like to see out of a vendor.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #173
Nevermind, I was just being silly. I see you are from the UK. [giggle]

I get so confused when I see "pounds", "quid" and now "sterling". [:p]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #175
Is the 1.56 shipping and if yes would. ?23.00 cover the cost of badge + shipping could someone confirm for me
I'll check with the guy who is making and shipping the badges. I think the $2.00 added was for Canada, Mexico, Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico. I can't imagine it would be very expensive since the badge can be put in an evelope and sent via mail system but we'll see.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
EcoBeast Badge update:

FYI...Received this email this morning...Posting this in the event some others that ordered didn't get this...

[HR][/HR]

"Hi everyone! A quick morning update on your emblems:

- Raw material arrived yesterday and the machining is now done.

- All the emblems are now going though a "multi-stage" tumbling process that takes approximately 72 hours [total] for a job this size. (It'd be a lot shorter if the badges were stainless steel, but 6061 aluminum takes a fair bit more work and attention to get to a perfect finish.)

- UPS still can't figure out what happened to the replacement powder I ordered. In the interest of not keeping everyone waiting any longer than you already have, I put in a rush overnight order with another vendor yesterday afternoon that I expect to see sometime today. Tracking says that it's on a truck for delivery this morning as of about 2 hours ago.

I want to thank you all again for your continued patience - I know it's frustrating having to wait.

-Chris"

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #177
FYI...Received this email this morning...Posting this in the event some others that ordered didn't get this...

[HR][/HR]

"Hi everyone! A quick morning update on your emblems:

- Raw material arrived yesterday and the machining is now done.

- All the emblems are now going though a "multi-stage" tumbling process that takes approximately 72 hours [total] for a job this size. (It'd be a lot shorter if the badges were stainless steel, but 6061 aluminum takes a fair bit more work and attention to get to a perfect finish.)

- UPS still can't figure out what happened to the replacement powder I ordered. In the interest of not keeping everyone waiting any longer than you already have, I put in a rush overnight order with another vendor yesterday afternoon that I expect to see sometime today. Tracking says that it's on a truck for delivery this morning as of about 2 hours ago.

I want to thank you all again for your continued patience - I know it's frustrating having to wait.

-Chris"
Depsite a few hiccups, he's been really good with the communication. I'm just hoping I get mine before STFest. He says it will be no problem.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #178
Secretly, it's really because I can't wait to get that extra 10hp I know I'll get with the EcoBeast badge on my car... [rofl] [hah] [histerical]

Status
Not open for further replies.