Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

On my 3rd transmission... need advice

Something sounds like it is out of alignment possibly chewing up the transmissions. Input shaft? Possibly also be a bad throw out bearing. I'm thinking alignment issue though. A FIST transmission is not something that the dealers replace every day and how good is the tech doing the work.

At least the dealer is acknowledging the issue and attempting to do something about it and not saying it is normal. I once had a 2002 Jeep Wrangler, manual transmission bought brand new with so much slop and drive line clunks- that were in the tranny- I could hear and feel it. 3 out of 4 dealers service managers stated it was "normal". The 4th agreed with me, got approval to swap it out and they put a new one in, problem gone. What a hassle though.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
When i get the chance im changing my oem fluid out. My trans has developed a 2nd gear issue. It pops out when downshifting, engine braking. Never pops with upshifting. Forst remedy will be RMM and oem fluid flush.
I replaced my own fluid with Motul 300 a few months after buying my car and haven't looked back since. There is a thread on it here somewhere with lots of info.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm hearing the same noises. My dealer verified the noise isnt normal but they said nothings wrong. Help please
If you have some time before your warranty is up, drive it. If not, call Ford customer service to put pressure on your dealer. You could also try another dealer.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Be careful though. If you plan on using your vehicle awhile I'd recommend using a better transmission fluid. Particularly Motul 300.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk