Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Creak, Rattle and other noise complaint thread

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Im really dreading the thought of taking my car for any repairs at a Ford dealer. Afraid they gonna open a can of worms... So as far as my A pillar sqeeking and off centered shaky driver mirror, i think im gonna live with it. Ill wait for the bigger problem (crossing fingers not) to happen before I bring my car back.

Hi guys!

Quick reminder that if anyone would like me to look into some options, please send me a private message detailing your symptoms, along with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

CanadianST

Another +1 for rattling windows when they're half down , seems like the window tracks aren't cushioned enough. Not even remotley as bad as other cars I've had though now I'm just getting picky lol.

Ever since after 2500k miles, my car acts like it wants to stall out and shut off immediately after filling up the gas tank. I don't "top it off" and I keep my Hill Assist on.

But every time I get done filling her up with gas and drive away and stop, the RPMs drop and acts like it wants to die. It's freaking me out a lot. I use 93oct gas and have an AP. I heard other members mention something similar to this but it was a while back and don't remember which forum/post it was.

If anyone has noticed anything like this, please let me know. It's a brand new car and should not be acting like this.

I have the car since 3 weeks, 800 miles on it... Driver side door hinge is making a heavy squeaking noise. I greased it but it still make the noise, anyone else with that problem?

Oh and there's a rattle coming from something, somewhere at the rear, when I take bumps at low speed. I checked for loose at the spare, the rear seats, wing, mudflaps, bumper, and I really can't find where that rattle comes from...

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
The drivers side seat makes a squeak after hitting any kind of bump, and around here with the frost heaves thats like every ten feet. Drives me nuts.
Anyone else? This is my only squeak... I'm going to have to pull out the seat and WD-40/grease something.

abrahamd

I recently did my first long drive from San Jose to Santa Monica. After about 40 minutes of drive time I start to hear a vibration noise everytime I give it solid gas. Usually it's about 3k in 6th or 5th.

I'm around 1k miles now and had noticed it once before but not since then. Doesn't seem to be anything wrong but it is pretty annoying. Does not happen with car in neutral. I actually tried it at highway speed and gave the engine a rev while going down the highway. No sound.

In regards to rattling windows, try putting them half down and then wind them back up just a touch. I reckon it reduces the rattles. Could be imagining things tho.

Same. My cargo cover also rattles, and there's another something developing somewhere in the dash.
In my car, between the glove box and the center of the dash, I get an occasional rattle-ish noise...give the dash a whack! and it's gone...but it still goes up me bum

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Still have the noise from my rear hatch somewhere. I took it the dealership and of course I couldn't get it to make the sound. And still have my clutch clicking, which is by far the most annoying thing about the car at the moment. Every time I shift I just hear a click. And there's nothing they can do about it, they said.

51t

With the window down at low speeds I'm getting a clunking noise every time I shift. It sounds like the linkage but very loud. Anyone else hearing it?

Ever since after 2500k miles, my car acts like it wants to stall out and shut off immediately after filling up the gas tank. I don't "top it off" and I keep my Hill Assist on.

But every time I get done filling her up with gas and drive away and stop, the RPMs drop and acts like it wants to die. It's freaking me out a lot. I use 93oct gas and have an AP. I heard other members mention something similar to this but it was a while back and don't remember which forum/post it was.

If anyone has noticed anything like this, please let me know. It's a brand new car and should not be acting like this.
I had the same thing happen on my last fill up. It concerned me enough that I double checked to make sure I didn't put diesel in. Then I thought maybe it was bad gas but it never happened after the fill up. My Cobb AP also verified that the gas is fine.

With the window down at low speeds I'm getting a clunking noise every time I shift. It sounds like the linkage but very loud. Anyone else hearing it?

I had the same thing happen on my last fill up. It concerned me enough that I double checked to make sure I didn't put diesel in. Then I thought maybe it was bad gas but it never happened after the fill up. My Cobb AP also verified that the gas is fine.
I'm getting the same clunking noises when shifting as well. At first it wasn't that loud but now it's been getting worse to the point I can hear it with the radio on. I'm taking it back in to a different dealer as the first one I went to didn't know anything about FiSTs.

Normal operation, capless filler evap system.
I'm getting the same clunking noises when shifting as well. At first it wasn't that loud but now it's been getting worse to the point I can hear it with the radio on. I'm taking it back in to a different dealer as the first one I went to didn't know anything about FiSTs.
Normal operation... you are hearing the clutch engagement with the dual mass flywheel

Quick reminder to anyone with creaks, rattles, ect. If you'd like me to look into this, please send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, dealer name/location, and a description of the noise, where it comes from, and what's going on when you hear it. :)

Meagan

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Hey Meagan, off topic, but I messaged you about my clicking clutch. I haven't heard back so I wanted to make sure you received it.

Hey I hope someone can help me out here. I just finished a 2k mile drive from California to Indiana and got her washed. As I left I got on the brakes at like 35-40 ish, and on the brakes the steering wheel started to vibrate, like shake as if the brakes were warped but I only have 5k miles on the car and we barely used the brakes on the drive over, nowhere near enough to wrap them. And it was like no problem, problem.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Hey I hope someone can help me out here. I just finished a 2k mile drive from California to Indiana and got her washed. As I left I got on the brakes at like 35-40 ish, and on the brakes the steering wheel started to vibrate, like shake as if the brakes were warped but I only have 5k miles on the car and we barely used the brakes on the drive over, nowhere near enough to wrap them. And it was like no problem, problem.
During the car wash you may have blown off a wheel balance weight.