Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Creak, Rattle and other noise complaint thread

YIN

There is a odd metal vibrating sounds around 2500rpm when I accelerating hard or give gas deeply . But if I give gas lightly or accelerate slowly, everything is normal.

Anyone notice the noise in this video? This isn't my car or video, but hear something exactly like this at low speeds, such as when in 1st or 2nd.

[video=youtube;EpUJluhWj9Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpUJluhWj9Q&sns=em[/video]

Turbo demons... it's intake resonance
Thanks! We almost need a sticky for odd but normal for the Fiesta ST thread. Kind of like the scratchy EPAS. I thought that was a problem until I did some searching.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
For a while now Ive been hearing a clicking noise coming from the front end when turning the wheel left and accelerating forward or backward and finally went to my dealer today to have it checked. The Tech couldn't find any leaks in the axles so hes going by sound and says it has to be the driver side axle because it only makes the sound when turning left?...OK keeping my fingers crossed.
Now my next issue...the driver shaking mirror. They claim they cannot do anything about it because everything feel solid and its true. While in standstill nothing feels lose when you touch or try to move it. Its just the glass part that shakes/vibrates when going over rough terrain or when listening to loud bassy music. Meanwhile the passenger side mirror doesn't at all. I got Meagan from Ford Service involved and hope im not making a mistake for doing so. Every time I go in the service waiting room I hear customer nightmares of how their cars get worse every time the techs put their hands on the cars. I hope im not opening a can of worms.

My only complaint is the cup holders. Anything in them, at all, causes a rattle that's pretty annoying. Anyone else run into this?

dyn085

2000 Post Club
My only complaint is the cup holders. Anything in them, at all, causes a rattle that's pretty annoying. Anyone else run into this?
I get an occasional rattle from there when I have my coffee cups in them. It's kind of odd, actually. If I press down on them it will stop, but occasionally it will come back afterwards.

The only rattles that I have that really bothers me is my moonroof and windows.

It can be anything from my phone, a drink cup or bottle, or even charging cables. I think it's the plastic nubs that move that are causing this, and have been contemplating putting some type of sound dampening material around them to prevent it. My gen 1 Focus had all sorts of rattles, and since the FiST is so quiet in general, the slightest rattle drives me nuts lol.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I'll be making another damn trip the dealership about another rattle. I'm going to take them on a ride this time and try to duplicate the B-pillar driver's side noise.

And now I have a noise under acceleration at around 4,200 RPMs. It's coming from behind the instrument panel. It's a constant buzzing throughout the whole band until I upshift. It should be an interesting ride trying to duplicate noise that only happens at 4k and on...

Anyone battle with passenger door rattles? I get one from the speaker area pretty bad even with no music playing. Then with songs with certain bass I get that vibration plus what sounds like a possible blown speaker... Also have an elusive rattle that was hard to pinpoint (first though it was the heard rest of the passenger seat, then the headliner/moon roof) to the upper back corner of the passenger door panel if I push on it all stops.... grr..

i got the passenger door rattle. i also have a squeaky drivers seat that is driving me insane. as much as i love this car, i can see why ive never purchased a ford before

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I had the same rattles in my Veloster. Unless you buy luxury brands there's always going to be a rattle. That's what your warranty is for. Trust me the dealership is going to fix all mine.

i got the passenger door rattle. i also have a squeaky drivers seat that is driving me insane. as much as i love this car, i can see why ive never purchased a ford before
Hi spoolinst,

If you're planning on having these repaired, I'll be happy to loop in your customer service manager to look into some additional assistance. :) Just let me know, and I'll fill you in on what I'll need.

Meagan

Hi spoolinst,

If you're planning on having these repaired, I'll be happy to loop in your customer service manager to look into some additional assistance. :) Just let me know, and I'll fill you in on what I'll need.

Meagan
i am planning on taking it in soon, just have to find a time. im now up to a drivers side a pillar rattle, drivers seat sqeak, passenger door/b pillar rattle and the black box that is stuck to the windshield behind the mirror falls off once a day. just hit 3000mi on the car too. i love the car, just need a little refinement on the finishing touches

Anyone else have a rattle behind the radio controls? Goes away when I push down on the plastic piece around the door lock button.

i am planning on taking it in soon, just have to find a time. im now up to a drivers side a pillar rattle, drivers seat sqeak, passenger door/b pillar rattle and the black box that is stuck to the windshield behind the mirror falls off once a day. just hit 3000mi on the car too. i love the car, just need a little refinement on the finishing touches
When you have a date in mind, go ahead and send me a PM with your VIN, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location. :)

Meagan

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Lately ive been hearing a squeaking noise coming from the moonroof while its closed. When pushing up with my finger while closed theres some play. Should I be considered?

I'm getting an weird noise from the (U.S.)passanger side engine bay. Sounds like someone squishing a bag of bolts. It happens when I let off the gas at high rpm in first and second gear and when I hit bumps at low speed.

Anyone have any ideas on what this may be?

I'm thinking passanger side motor mount or strut mount maybe?
The coolant tank feels a little loose on the tabs that are supposed to secure it but I don't think it would make that sort of metallic muffled crunching sound.